Displaced Texan

Florida has an iguana problem..

42 minutes ago, carl_g said:

On the west coast of FLA on this island called Boca grande. They had a paid hunter walking around killing them with a 22. He killed tons of them but in a couple years they are back with vengeance :icon_lol:

A single female can lay up to 70 eggs every year so it dosent take very long 

People began hunting them a few years back using sling shots.. i saw some cooking show where they went out on boats

and kids were shooting them with air rifles and sling shots.

If Florida wants to solve this they should ask the president to proclaim he loves iguanas and no one should ever harm them...

within days the liberals will descend on Florida like locusts and wipe out the entire iguana population

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

I think we need to come up with an iguana cookbook....

Gotta talk to locals in Belize and Guatemala jungle. They ate so many green iguanas that populations have dropped so much that they breed them in captivity and release the juveniles to help repopulate 

10 minutes ago, fishnut said:

Gotta talk to locals in Belize and Guatemala jungle. They ate so many green iguanas that populations have dropped so much that they breed them in captivity and release the juveniles to help repopulate 

the population of Guatemalans has exploded in the US and has done nothing :)

10 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

Not if you want to eat the meat, or if you plan on climbing the trees.  22lr all day long son.

In a rural setting definitely, but in an urban environment I would worry about over penetration. Maybe .38 shot shells in a lever gun? 

4 hours ago, brucin said:

In a rural setting definitely, but in an urban environment I would worry about over penetration. Maybe .38 shot shells in a lever gun? 

No

38 shotshells are for point blank shooting.