DirtyDigz

VCDL Lobby Day - 01/20/20 Richmond VA

No it’s not NJ, but it is arguably the biggest showdown between freedom-loving citizens and civil rights hating, billionaire-financed politicians in recent months.

If we allow VA to go the way of DC, NJ, NY, MA and MD then I fear the RKBA battle will get significantly harder.

Make your plans now to join the VCDL for their “Lobby Day” on January 20th in Richmond, VA and irrefutably demonstrate to VA legislators that they do NOT represent the interests of the majority of citizens.

71347129-A748-4850-BBBE-27A8CBCA2981.jpeg

More details at ar15.com Virginia hometown forum:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Hometown/VCDL-Lobby-Day-info-Including-links-to-ride-share-/24-638659/

ED2569B3-D584-4A61-B0D4-AC5A57F8932C.png

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, DirtyDigz said:

Even if you can’t make it, at least consider donating to the VCDL bus fund to get someone else there:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/donate-a-seat-on-a-bus-for-lobby-day-jan-20-2020-tickets-85874911171

Thanks for the link.  I just made a donation of one seat($35).

Btw, this topic is getting a lot of coverage by Mark Walters on his Armed American Radio podcast.   His Dec 12th show was mostly devoted to it.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, DirtyDigz said:

CNJFO is going to have a presence there.

Douglas, if we couldn't get 20 people here to go to DC which is only 3 hours away then how many do you think will show for this event?

On 1/6/2020 at 7:29 PM, Ray Ray said:

Douglas, if we couldn't get 20 people here to go to DC which is only 3 hours away then how many do you think will show for this event?

I'm going, and it looks like several of the the CNJFO folks are going as well.

I'm looking forward to standing with VA.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 2

On 1/13/2020 at 7:30 AM, DirtyDigz said:

I'm going, and it looks like several of the the CNJFO folks are going as well.

I'm looking forward to standing with VA.

Do you know if there is a spot where everyone is meeting?  I will be parking at the "Stadium", about two blocks away, and catching the shuttle over to the rally.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dilbert1967 said:

Do you know if there is a spot where everyone is meeting?  I will be parking at the "Stadium", about two blocks away, and catching the shuttle over to the rally.

No, I do not know specifically where NJ folks are meeting.  @Smokin .50 - if there is a CNJFO meetup time/spot, let us know.

@dilbert1967 - If you want to join with the group I'm going with, PM me and I'll give you details of the meeting spot.  This group will be going in armed/armored.

1 hour ago, DirtyDigz said:

No, I do not know specifically where NJ folks are meeting.  @Smokin .50 - if there is a CNJFO meetup time/spot, let us know.

@dilbert1967 - If you want to join with the group I'm going with, PM me and I'll give you details of the meeting spot.  This group will be going in armed/armored.

I tried to message you but got this response:  " DirtyDigz cannot receive messages.

1 hour ago, DirtyDigz said:

Northam declared a "state of emergency" and has banned firearms inside the Capitol buildings and the grounds.  The only "threat' he could cite was the militia groups who routinely provide security every year during Lobby Day.

1 hour ago, dilbert1967 said:

I tried to message you but got this response:  " DirtyDigz cannot receive messages.

I think my PM quota may be full.

1 hour ago, dilbert1967 said:

Northam declared a "state of emergency" and has banned firearms inside the Capitol buildings and the grounds.  The only "threat' he could cite was the militia groups who routinely provide security every year during Lobby Day.

Yes, this is known.

6 hours ago, DirtyDigz said:

I have been summoned, so I am here, lol!

@DirtyDigz You're not the ONLY one who doesn't know where we're meeting.  I'm their leader & even I don't know YET.  I'm bringing the banners, so look for them.  Theresa Inacker, our Communications Director, will be coming with me.  @AlexTheSane will be driving us there from his house (he's a Jersey transplant).  You & several others mentioned interest.  If I were to tell you ahead of time where to be and the Cops set-up a mobile command post on that spot, I've wasted my breath, so let's see what the land lays like the day of shall we?

I can tell you where we won't be!  That's next to anyone wearing "Battle Rattle".  Between the state of "EMERGENCY" BS & metal detectors & only one way into the grounds thru said detector(?), it promises to be an interesting day.  I'm there to make contacts & show support, not dress-up for the "Boogaloo" which I hope never happens & then be forced to stay completely off Capitol grounds along an enforced (possibly fenced-in_ perimeter.

PM me so we can exchange ph numbers.  I got an iPhone now, so I can actually text :) 

Image may contain: 1 person

Image may contain: outdoor

Rosey

• Like 3

@Smokin .50 - understood.  I’m going to be in “battle rattle” so I won’t seek you out unless I de-gear.

I’ll send you a message with my phone # via Facebook, I think I’m PM-maxed out here..

Current word is that entire Capitol grounds are being fenced off.  Unsure if anyone will have access to them on Monday, or only screened people.  “Battle-Rattlers” may be limited to surrounding streets..

Some updates today from VCDL:

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS:  There have been many rumors, videos, and articles flying around the internet. We cannot stress enough that this is a peaceful day to assemble and address our Legislature about protecting our right to keep and bear arms.  Lobby Day is NOT about statues, flags, racism, sexism, or anything other than protecting the right to keep and bear arms for ALL law-abiding citizens.

Yes, we hold a rally, but the point of the day is communication with our legislators.  (Note that a rally is not the same thing as a protest.)

To our knowledge there are no credible threats of violence.  That being said, please practice appropriate situational awareness.  IF YOU SEE A BAD ACTOR flag down a police officer and point it out.  If someone tries to provoke you, smile and walk away.  There is probably someone secretly recording the interaction, with the intent of capturing some kind of inappropriate reaction on your part.  Don't take the bait. It's not worth the bad press.  Again, you might want to notify law enforcement of such bad actors.

The eyes of the nation and the world are on Virginia and VCDL right now and we must show them that gun owners are not the problem.  Lead by example.  We have been, and continue to be, in close contact with several law enforcement agencies and will keep them informed of all potential threats that we become aware of.  Law enforcement will be in abundance at the event, both uniformed and plain clothes, to provide security and we are sincerely appreciative of their efforts to keep everyone as safe as possible.

https://us20.campaign-archive.com/?u=b28f1d9ea359b104b09836c4c&id=7356addf79

3 hours ago, Jim Hartman said:

Anyone going down from the south jersey area? I would help pay for gas tolls ?

Jim, I'd offer to pick you up on my way down but I'm leaving Friday and stopping to see family over the weekend before continuing down to Richmond early Mon AM.

If you're on facebook, try joining the group "New Jersey Firearm Owners Syndicate" and asking there - I believe there are people in that group going down.

10 hours ago, DirtyDigz said:

Jim, I'd offer to pick you up on my way down but I'm leaving Friday and stopping to see family over the weekend before continuing down to Richmond early Mon AM.

If you're on facebook, try joining the group "New Jersey Firearm Owners Syndicate" and asking there - I believe there are people in that group going down.

Thanks for the offer. Im still trying to figure out if i can take the trip.

1 hour ago, Sniper said:

VSP getting set up for the "party" with their fencing, you guys better plan accordingly:

c1HVC5Ll.jpg

Other than ensuring you have drinks, snacks, and are dressed warmly, I'm not sure how else to prepare.  On VCDL's website,  I counted approximately 80 buses departing for Richmond between 2am and 6am Monday morning.  Who knows how many are driving individually like myself.  I know the "lobbying" will take place in the Elizabeth Warr......I mean the Pocahontas building and the "rally" will take place on the steps of the same building with various speakers lined up.  Not sure where the "steps" are in relation to the picture above.  I think I'm adding a portable chair to my kit.  Should be a great day!

I find this more interesting - I think this is the plane that takes continuous high resolution photos that contain square miles of city and allow for the retracing of the movement of every vehicle over a period of days:

Pilatus.JPG

https://www.americanspecialops.com/usaf-special-operations/aircraft/u-28a/

... Another role of the U-28A is to act as a tactical airborne intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) platform in support SOF on the ground. Sensors aboard the U-28A include a day variable-aperture TV camera, a variable aperture infrared camera and synthetic aperture radar.  ...

EDIT: - WAMI, that's the technology I was thinking of:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wide-area_motion_imagery

Wide-area motion imagery (WAMI) is an approach to surveillance, reconnaissance, and intelligence-gathering that employs specialized software and a powerful camera system—usually airborne, and for extended periods of time—to detect and track hundreds of people and vehicles moving out in the open, over a city-sized area, kilometers in diameter.[1][2] For this reason, WAMI is sometimes referred to as wide-area persistent surveillance (WAPS) or wide-area airborne surveillance (WAAS).[3]

A WAMI sensor images the entirety of its coverage area in real time. It also records and archives that imagery in a database for real-time and forensic analysis. WAMI operators can use this live and recorded imagery to spot activity otherwise missed by standard video cameras with narrower fields of view, analyze these activities in context, distinguish threats from normal patterns of behavior, and perform the work of a larger force.[4] ...

43 minutes ago, DirtyDigz said:

surveillance, reconnaissance, and intelligence-gathering that employs specialized software and a powerful camera system

Other reports have them installing Stingrays and facial recognition at the entrances of the fenced off areas, along with the magnetometers.

45 minutes ago, dilbert1967 said:

Other than ensuring you have drinks, snacks, and are dressed warmly, I'm not sure how else to prepare. 

How about Depends... unless you're really good at "holding your water".  :secret:

Right now, the tyrants (and Blue team) are STILL winning... will the VA boys take this standing up, since it's a Open Carry state?

Judge upholds firearms ban for Virginia gun rally

A Virginia judge ruled Thursday that a firearms ban can stay in place during a planned pro-gun rally on the Capitol grounds in Richmond. The ruling upholding the ban was quickly appealed.

Governor Ralph Northam imposed the ban ahead of Monday's rally after law enforcement officials said they'd received "credible and serious threats." 

A lawsuit challenging Northam's decision was filed by Gun Owners of America, Inc. (GOA), Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL), and citizens Kenneth VanWyk, Erich Pratt, and John Velleco, who are all planning to attend Monday's rally, according to CBS Richmond affiliate WTVR. Of the three individuals filing the lawsuit, two are executive members of the GOA, and the third is a member of the VCDL.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/lobby-day-richmond-virginia-gun-rally-ralph-northam-firearm-ban-backed-by-judge-today-2020-01-16/