revenger

vaccination law

3 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

Is there a vaccine for this thread?  Because I think it causes aids. 

I am actually surprised so many here are anti-vax. 

An aides thread? @GRIZ and I had this conversation. I said herpes was worse. He said aids can kill, I said, how old are you...

true story 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

It was about 60% effective for all ages..  per the CDC. 

Wait, you said the other day you don't trust the information that comes from the CDC... make up your mind.. or, is their information OK when it fits your narrative?

Where are you getting your data (opinions), from Greenday?

....."“The 2018–19 influenza season was a moderate severity season with two waves of influenza A activity of similar magnitude during the season,” the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reportedTrusted Source in its Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report on June 21. “H1N1 predominated from October 2018 to mid-February 2019, and H3N2 activity increased from mid-February through mid-May.”

With no effective vaccine available to combat H3N2, the overall effectiveness of the flu vaccine fell to 29 percent, the CDC reported.

By contrast, vaccine effectiveness was estimated at 49 percent during the period that H1N1 was dominant. Once H3N2 began spreading, effectiveness plunged to 9 percent."

41 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

Only 40 percent  or less of adults actually get the vaccine most kids i know don't even get it, but i cant find data my guess is the number is lower.

Yes, and 60+% of them will still catch the flu. Great percentage..

30 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

I am actually surprised so many here are anti-vax. 

I actually surprised how many more are Pro MORE government and Anti Freedom of Choice and Liberty. Why do so many here want MORE government control over their bodies and lives, and want the MINORITY to control their lives?

alinsky3.jpg?resize=600,420&ssl=1

Saul-Alinsky-Joan-Swirsky.png

28 minutes ago, Zeke said:
41 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

I hear it’s cured by 223cc’s of lead. 

Ummm we do grains here dude.

jus sayen. Leave that Canadian crap out of this!

If 223, I think the units you are looking for are thousandths of an inch...

On 12/16/2019 at 4:43 PM, Sniper said:

So, do the parents get a refund on all their property taxes paid, that go to the local public schools, since the kids will be banned from attending?

Why would they I never had kids and I'm paying a fortune. I like what NY does. They separate school and property tax and after your 55 you can get a discount on school tax. Comes out to about 30% off.

3 hours ago, JackDaWack said:

It was about 60% effective for all ages..  per the CDC.

The severity of the flu was also worse in those who didn't get the vaccine.

2 hours ago, voyager9 said:

I hear it’s cured by 223cc’s of lead. 

223 milliliters? That's...a lot of lead. Like 2.5 kgs worth...

4 hours ago, Sniper said:

Wait, you said the other day you don't trust the information that comes from the CDC... make up your mind.. or, is their information OK when it fits your narrative?

Yeah, I never said that.

Nor does the link cite the number you keep bringing up.

And I'm not really sure what your trying to accomplish with the flu vaccine topic. 

The vaccine works on the strains it was developed for. Those are still strains that can be potentially knocked out each year.

On 12/16/2019 at 10:04 PM, 10X said:

I really hate to see the government get involved in mandating how people choose to manage their health, and I really hate to see the government intrude on religious freedom.   But I'll make exceptions when the topic is vaccination.

Because the anti-vaxers are, and I'm putting this as charitably as I can, morons.

Worldwide, measles killed 2.6 million people as recently as 1980.  Aggressive vaccination programs in the US dropped the number of annual cases here from half a million a year before the vaccine was developed to ZERO in 2014, when measles were declared eradicated in the US.  That's damned impressive, and it's disheartening to see the disease coming back due to the tireless efforts of the measles preservationists.  There are plenty of species that deserve to be protected from extinction.  Measles isn't one of them.

On 12/17/2019 at 4:50 PM, JackDaWack said:

The most infuriating part is that if everyone just got vaccinated, a lot of these viruses actually dissapear over generations, with no way to spread... 

@10X & @JackDaWack

I agree with the sentiments you both expressed in your posts above.

FYI - below is a link to an article in today’s NY Times that provides yet another very good example of what happens when a community, society, country have been misled and form a mistrust of vaccines that then leads to a resurgence of a deadly disease, in this case measles.

AVB-AMG

The article is titled:
‘Why My Baby?’: How Measles Robbed Samoa of Its Young
by Isabella Kwai
Dec. 20, 2019

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/19/world/asia/samoa-measles.html

Here is a brief synopsis of that article:

Measles is one of the most contagious diseases known to humans. One person with it can infect 12 - 18 others. Doctors can treat only the symptoms: fever, cough and a rash. Deaths in babies occur from complications like pneumonia. And for those who survive, measles can leave a lasting mark, including the possibility of weakened immune systems and neurological complications later in life.

The measles epidemic example in this article is Samoa, the independent nation that is part of the island chain that includes American Samoa, with a population of 200,000.   In 2013, 90% of infants in Samoa, around the age of one year old, were receiving the Measles-Mumps-Rubella (MMR) vaccine.  But the rate gradually declined over the 5 following years, bottoming out at about 30% in 2018.  Over these years, many Samoan’s would also go to and trust traditional healers instead, buying into fears of vaccine validity promoted by the anti-vaccine proponents.  Also, many families failed to realize how serious measles can be.

In 2018, the country’s faith in vaccination was shaken after two infants who had received the vaccine died, a tragedy that was later attributed to a medical mistake. Nurses had inadvertently mixed a muscle relaxant into the vaccine instead of sterile water.  After the incident, it was understandable how many parents feared losing their child.  As a result of the public outcry, the Samoan government recalled the vaccine nationwide, suspending its measles immunization program for 9 months as it conducted an investigation. In hindsight, the World Health Organization (WHO) said the decision helped create “a pool of susceptible children under the age of 5 years who are now the most affected” in the current epidemic.

This measles epidemic began when a person with measles traveled to Samoa from New Zealand, which was struggling with its own measles outbreak.  The government announced that there was a suspected case of measles on Oct. 9, then officially announced the outbreak on Oct.16th. In November, as the death toll reached 15, it declared a state of emergency, shuttering schools and barring children from public gatherings and extended the emergency through Dec. 29th.  So far in 2019, at least 5,400 cases of measles have been reported in Samoa and 77 people have died, including young children and babies. 

In early December, the Samoan government took dramatic measures to control the disease’s spread after initial delays in the response to the outbreak.  They declared a 2-day “medical holiday, to carry out a nationwide vaccination push, aided by global groups like the World Health Organization and UNICEF.  The result so far, is that Samoa has achieved a 95% vaccination rate, which is considered to be a level for effective protection from the spread of the disease.  The Samoan Parliament is set to consider legislation that would make vaccinations compulsory to enter school.

In summation, the Samoans had a legitimate fear of the vaccine because of an error. Because of the need to fix the mistake and re-establish public trust in vaccinations, the Samoan govt. miscalculated how urgent it was to catch up on the vaccines. They didn't see measles coming. They also failed to move quickly enough when the outbreak first began. They also under estimated their risk which is higher than other peoples, since they are an indigenous people with no natural historical immunity, which is why measles infection spread like wildfire through their communities.

On 12/17/2019 at 1:22 PM, Downtownv said:

Jenny McCarthy  is Bat Sh!t crazy those genes were bad to begin with, don't blame a vaccine

RFK jr. had an aunt or great aunt they lobotomized because she was over sexed (Like her Brother John). Can't blame that on any vaccine.

Again fishing in a bad gene pool.

When we were kids we went on long lines and got shots. I never heard of any one having issues as a result.

But I think today they are giving 27? vaccine shots when we had maybe 6-7, there in, may lie the problem

Crazy brings us to this:

crazyhotscal.jpg.ccca4338446fc775cf92a4a19371eca7.jpg

• Agree 1