eyeinstine

Inexpensive bench rest worth while?

Opinions.. Thinking of picking up a simple inexpensive bench rest setup to assist in sighting in some fun guns and hunting guns.

Anyone use anything like this? reviews are decent. and anything should help factor out my swaying apendages and large groupings. :icon_lol:

I would be resting it on the shooting table at R14, etc.

https://www.amazon.com/Caldwell-Adjustable-Ambidextrous-Shotgun-Shooting/dp/B000VZ1IJG/ref=sr_1_8?dchild=1&keywords=bench+rest&qid=1576438311&sr=8-8

Thanks

Ron

If the price is worth it, you should have one. Can't speak to the quality of that one in particular, but it's pretty cheap. 

However, when sighting in a rifle, it's kind of specific to the position you are shooting from, so a good zero from a rest may or may not be what you actually want. Although if you have issues holding a group from other positions, it may be the best you get, and for shooting 100 yards and in it's probably all rounding error anyway. 

• Like 1

I was going to say if you had some scrap 2x4 around, easy enough to make one. However, for that price it’s a good idea. You will mostly be using just the front piece, may consider this one:  https://www.amazon.com/Caldwell-Adjustable-Ambidextrous-Handgun-Shooting/dp/B001ABQT9E/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=caldwell+handy+rest&qid=1576594397&sr=8-2

• Like 1