leo-польд

Troy/Other Firearm, how do you like it?

Hi, Besides price which is obviously high, how do you like your other firearm so far? I got 10.5 inch version two month ago and it is with over 1000 shots already. I notice very small upper scratch/ding near to the chamber, close to the gas tube end. Nothing else serious, it is accurate carbine and in general I am fine with it. I hope we could get better selection than just Troy. I am thinking about getting 12.5 inch version but something is holding me out of it, not sure what is this yet....

I have the DSI 12.5" and absolutely love it.  Had my doubts at first, but it's my favorite at the moment and really rounded out the AR collection.

The 12.5" is great since you can change the muzzle device whenever you want without hassle.

Purchased DSI 9 from GSSC chose it over the troy mainly because trigger and mag release. trigger was really nice on the DSI and the mag release button was easy to push and smooth the troy was hard to push mag release and had a snap to it.

Hope you don't mind me bumping this thread because I've been exploring these since I found out they were actually legal. My brother swears no one will sell one of these in NJ but you guys have proven otherwise. I looked up the Dark Storm DS-15 Non-NFA Firearm Typhoon, which appears to be listed NJ legal, and I also saw the TROY 10″ A4 Pistol with SBA3 Brace. Is the Troy also NJ legal? Is anyone actually carrying these in south jersey? I feel like if I ordered one of these not to many FFL's would be comfortable selling this.

16 minutes ago, Spawne32 said:

Hope you don't mind me bumping this thread because I've been exploring these since I found out they were actually legal. My brother swears no one will sell one of these in NJ but you guys have proven otherwise. I looked up the Dark Storm DS-15 Non-NFA Firearm Typhoon, which appears to be listed NJ legal, and I also saw the TROY 10″ A4 Pistol with SBA3 Brace. Is the Troy also NJ legal? Is anyone actually carrying these in south jersey? I feel like if I ordered one of these not to many FFL's would be comfortable selling this.

They are for sale since last summer and available pretty much any NJ store or dealer I know. Selection might be different, price as well. Just look around and yes Troy/Other firearm is legal in NJ. 

7 minutes ago, Spawne32 said:

Any recommendations on a particular store I should purchase at?

I wouldn't suggest any as good because it is NJ, price is high and not many gun stores stores is around. I saw them last year in good selection at RTSP and some selection at HeritageGuild stores. But again, price is horrible in my opinion in both. Reloaderz seem better store but price... Drive around, look, try, that is what I do.

• Thanks 1