deerpark

Whats the 2A sanctuary process?

I doubt there's an established process here in NJ, this is very much in "uncharted waters".  There's no precedent I'm aware of for "nullifying" state law through a sanctuary declaration.

If you want to advocate for your municipality/county to declare itself as a 2A sanctuary then I suggest taking the West Milford declaration discussed in the other threads and sending it to your Mayor(s)/Sheriff/Freeholder(s) as an example.

EDIT: The VCDL (Virginia Citizens Defense League) has also put out a template 2A Sanctuary resolution document:

https://www.vcdl.org/resources/Resources/Model_Resolution.docx

Basically the jurisdiction, either county or municipal, passes some formal proclamation or law to declare that jurisdiction a sanctuary.  Much in the same way other have declared themselves illegal immigration sanctuaries.  It's just a formal statement that they won't enforce those laws.

On 12/17/2019 at 8:37 AM, DirtyDigz said:

I doubt there's an established process here in NJ, this is very much in "uncharted waters".  There's no precedent I'm aware of for "nullifying" state law through a sanctuary declaration.

If you want to advocate for your municipality/county to declare itself as a 2A sanctuary then I suggest taking the West Milford declaration discussed in the other threads and sending it to your Mayor(s)/Sheriff/Freeholder(s) as an example.

EDIT: The VCDL (Virginia Citizens Defense League) has also put out a template 2A Sanctuary resolution document:

https://www.vcdl.org/resources/Resources/Model_Resolution.docx

Its only OK to disobey law when its Sanctuary for illegals.

The Dems need the votes.

Shh.  No double standards here.

This is how we do it.

14 minutes ago, fslater said:

Take the same langue sanctuary cities use..... Copy and paste it exactly as written...… Then change the words undocumented (illegal) immigrant to legal firearm owner.

Reading this article about West Milford, the township officials said its purely symbolic and the township attorney says it will expire at the end of the year.

I rather see all the 2A organizations in NJ unite to form a single body like what VA has.  Then we can try to make something like this stick.  Holy shit are they organized down there.  And from some other message boards I've read, Officers of the Virginia National Guard have stated they will not obey any illegal order from the Governor to seize the firearms of any civilians that the state deems illegal under state law because the state laws violate the US Constitution.  So it looks like the VA democrats have a whole lot of "Come and Take It" to do and if they want it done, they gonna have to do it themselves.

Admittedly I’ve not followed or researched in depth what the whole “2A sanctuary” thing actually involves aside from seeing states/NJ Counties “signing on” .......but what does it ACTUALLY mean? Do people actually believe a pandering politician/county reps Facebook post means NJ people can now have standard capacity mags... or constitutional carry and not be buried under the jail? Lol :facepalm:

On 1/10/2020 at 2:06 PM, nj2Asupport said:

There is a 2A movement in NJ. Check it out at nj2asanctuary.com. Each county has a Facebook page also. Search the county name followed by 2A Sanctuary. 

I (along with a number of other residence) have sent copies of the resolution to each freeholder and to my township committee and will be attending the next freeholders meeting to hear their response. 

8 hours ago, pjd832 said:

Admittedly I’ve not followed or researched in depth what the whole “2A sanctuary” thing actually involves aside from seeing states/NJ Counties “signing on” .......but what does it ACTUALLY mean? Do people actually believe a pandering politician/county reps Facebook post means NJ people can now have standard capacity mags... or constitutional carry and not be buried under the jail? Lol :facepalm:

Our rights were eroded away over time and it will take time and effort to get them restored to where they should be.  It won't happen overnight and it won't happen from one single action.  This is just one step by one of the multiple organizations within the state that is fighting the over-reach of the state government.  Remember, there are several court cases from NJ pending at the Supreme Court.  The NJ 2A Society has sued the State and won in the recent past.  They have forced state and municipal law enforcement agencies to abandon illegal practices when administrating FID card and handgun permit processes.   So I think to have the municipalities and counties support the resolution that they support the 2nd Amendment rights of the citizens is a message to the state that they cannot continue to infringe on our rights because we are no longer letting them.  It reminds the state government that they govern we the people because we choose to be governed by them and not the other way around.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2