revenger

grewal sues florida dealer

https://www.nj.com/news/2019/12/gun-dealers-accused-of-selling-high-capacity-magazines-in-nj-are-sued-by-state.html

Grewal suing florida store for selling rifle magazines to NJ detective.

I find it interesting that he is requesting sales data back to 2014.

Also it is time for these free states to start fighting back,  first thing I can think of is to immediately stop recognizing NJ drivers licenses,  Since driving is not a right and NJ is now issuing drivers licenses to criminal aliens  they should require anyone operating a vehicle within their state in which the operators state issues criminal aliens a license to first obtain an non-resident drivers license.

deny all driver reciprocity to any such state.  

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, revenger said:

That’s a very good question, why not just ask for invoices going back to 1990? I like your DL idea, I wouldn’t be surprised when heading south on 95 seeing and uptick in jersey drivers getting pulled over.

...." Elite Aluminum, of Holly Hill, sold eight 30-round large capacity magazines to an undercover detective during three transactions last year while 22Mods4All, based on Longwood, sold nine 30-round LCMs to an investigator on two occasions, according to the Attorney General’s office. "

Wow.. sounds like a epidemic.... don't these guys have something better to do with their time, like catching REAL criminals on the street while being paid with our dollars?

...."Authorities in January then sent cease-and-desist letters to both companies, ordering them to stop advertising, selling and shipping the ammunition to New Jersey addresses.

The attorney general’s office said both “appear to have complied” with that portion of the letter as undercover agents were unable to get high-capacity magazines mailed to New Jersey this year."

Ahhhh, they stopped, but Grewal will sue them anyway... how nice of him...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Ahhhh, they stopped, but Grewal will sue them anyway... how nice of him...

He wants their records. So they can go after any NJ residents who ever used them. 

same reason they brought the lawsuit. Either to scare the business (who prob can’t fight in NJ’s legal/financial weight class), or to claim the records during discovery. The result is the same. The business is in financial ruin, the market is scared of NJ, and the residents lives are ruined. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

He wants their records. So they can go after any NJ residents who ever used them. 

same reason they brought the lawsuit. Either to scare the business (who prob can’t fight in NJ’s legal/financial weight class), or to claim the records during discovery. The result is the same. The business is in financial ruin, the market is scared of NJ, and the residents lives are ruined. 

So, what weight does Grewel think he has on a Florida company?

45 minutes ago, tony357 said:

I am curious if they advertised in NJ to sell them, or if they contacted them for the sale why are they ordering 30 rnd mags if they are illegal ? 

If one of their ads popped up on a computer screen in nj or someone accessed their website., goober considers that advertising in this state. 

3 hours ago, 0Jeep4 said:

This is so they can say that nj residents are still able to gain access to these evil items via online sales. Thus rolling out the complete ban of ordering ammo gun parts from online retailers. 

should be buying as little as possible online anyway. face to face pay cash. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

3 hours ago, Sniper said:

So, what weight does Grewel think he has on a Florida company?

Criminally, he has no power over a Florida company.  That is why he is sueing them.  He did it to another company earlier this year for the same thing.  There is a law in civil court he uses about interstate commerce and selling things to residence of this state that are illegal for residence to have here based on NJ law.

3 hours ago, voyager9 said:

Does it matter?  The lawsuit is for consumer fraud or some other BS. Even if it doesn’t stick NJ can drain them financially fighting it. 

Sure it does.

So, why can't the company just tell him to stuff it and ignore him?

1 hour ago, Regular Guy said:

There is a law in civil court he uses about interstate commerce and selling things to residence of this state that are illegal for residence to have here based on NJ law.

4 hours ago, DirtyDigz said:

Isn't it on the NJ resident who is ordering items to ensure they're legal in NJ?

That's what I understood it was. The NJ resident has to make sure they are in compliance with the laws of the state they live in, not the company selling the products.

Do the firework companies in PA get shut down or sued when NJ residents cross over the river to buy fireworks, or is the NJ resident the one fined?

The state is assuming that a "good guy" bought 30 rounders. And if the state finds that this is the case, they will make someone's life hell. Because, as we all know, a 30 round magazine makes people kill, and a 10 rounder keeps everyone calm and happy.

But what if it turns out some felon, gang member, jihadist, terrorist, etc. bought a 30? Will the state even do anything about this, or just try to sign them up for a driver's license?

• Like 2

What if the NJ resident has a second or 15th house in Fla?  Or somewheres else in FREE AMERIKKA?

I've been tellin' you people that land owners have more gun rights...here's another blatant example^^^!!!

Buying anything NJ "illegal" has always been on the Jersey resident.  Suing out-of-state enterprises for shipping goods goes against the commerce clause of our Constitution.  When B&H Photo caved & sent sales records of NJ residents that had camera equipment shipped to Jersey to avoid Jersey sales & use tax, they did so under Jersey law.  The BUYER was held responsible for the sales tax (sometimes in the thousands)!

If I had a Florida bidness I wouldn't even answer the suit on Constitutional grounds!

~R 

• Agree 3

21 hours ago, revenger said:

https://www.nj.com/news/2019/12/gun-dealers-accused-of-selling-high-capacity-magazines-in-nj-are-sued-by-state.html

Grewal suing florida store for selling rifle magazines to NJ detective.

Also it is time for these free states to start fighting back,  first thing I can think of is to immediately stop recognizing NJ drivers licenses,  Since driving is not a right and NJ is now issuing drivers licenses to criminal aliens  they should require anyone operating a vehicle within their state in which the operators state issues criminal aliens a license to first obtain an non-resident drivers license.

deny all driver reciprocity to any such state.  

This is not effective as it does not effect NJ financially...............

If a judgement is issued in NJ that judgement is not valid in any state but NJ. Unless the business uses a bank that has branches in NJ then that branch could be served with the order of judgement and funds seized.

I would imagine the FL stores attorneys know this and will advise them. There are plenty of banks that have no physical presence in NJ.

1 minute ago, JT Custom Guns said:

This is not effective as it does not effect NJ financially...............

It would mightily piss off a few hundred thousand NJ snowbirds who winter in Florida.   And they would apply tremendous political pressure on the state to set things right.

It might also have an interesting impact on the drug trade that relies so heavily on I-95.

4 minutes ago, 10X said:

It would mightily piss off a few hundred thousand NJ snowbirds who winter in Florida.   And they would apply tremendous political pressure on the state to set things right.

It might also have an interesting impact on the drug trade that relies so heavily on I-95.

And what would it benefit the other states? Why would they ban NJ DL's.....?????

7 minutes ago, JT Custom Guns said:

And what would it benefit the other states? Why would they ban NJ DL's.....?????

NJ has annoyed plenty of other states, though Florida was the one referenced in the post to which I was responding.  Not that I expect any states to actually stop recognizing a NJ drivers license.  Even though with the state's latest action, it's worth little more as an ID than an expired Blockbuster Video card.

I think and have said before in other threads we shouldn't let anti 2A start small seemingly insignificant things and run with it until it becomes an issue. We let anti gun activist call 15 rd mag "high capacity" without aggressively, relentlessly disputing it. ALL semi-autos in question NEVER had a mag lower than 20 rds until states lowered the legal limit in their jurisdiction resulting in manufacturers putting out compliant versions. If that had been a rock solid issue from the onslaught, narratives would have to be saying sues for sale of standard capacity magazines. Anti 2A activist are allowed a strong advantage in unsided public perception by being able to get away with calling a mag holding 11 rds (as many 40 cals do) high capacity. Same stands true with assault rifle. We here all know the difference. But middle class America  has heard the term so much that they take it as truth. NO modern millitary issues or uses anything other than rifles capable full auto or burst in their arsenals except in the case of a sniper rifle which coincidentally to the best of my knowledge left wing has no issue with(under 50 cal versions)at the moment. On the other side of the double standard have you ever heard the news commination saying "police faced the crowd with millitary assault weaponry" when armed with AR's?

The cliché that stands true here is - Tell a person a lie long enough and they will believe it.

Its a difficult thing to undo after its been done (although should be pursued). But certainly should not be allowed to reoccur! 

I thank you for listening to my long winded rambling, but do hope you will think about what I've said

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

On 12/20/2019 at 4:56 PM, voyager9 said:

This. But I can’t say that I feel for the business. 

As a taxpayer I fee this case is waste, fraud and abuse. Especially after finding the shop is not selling them.  

But NJ isn’t the first place with mag restrictions. And a business selling interstate should know better. We could argue that the item is legal in 4x states.  But it’s not 50, that’s pretty much common knowledge, like it or not... and Im pretty sure “not knowing the law” is never a sufficient excuse, in guns or any other area of discussion. 

8 minutes ago, JHZR2 said:

This. But I can’t say that I feel for the business. 

As a taxpayer I fee this case is waste, fraud and abuse. Especially after finding the shop is not selling them.  

But NJ isn’t the first place with mag restrictions. And a business selling interstate should know better. We could argue that the item is legal in 4x states.  But it’s not 50, that’s pretty much common knowledge, like it or not... and Im pretty sure “not knowing the law” is never a sufficient excuse, in guns or any other area of discussion. 

I disagree.   I have a business in NJ.   Is it my job to make sure that residents of Alabama are following their state laws when they buy something from me?  I don't think so.  And even if it was, not if ownership of that thing is guaranteed in the Bill of Rights?  

• Agree 1

Goober and phildo are suing everyone.  Right or wrong.  It's payback to the lawyers who bribe them. 

SSDD in corrupt NJ - BUT - these 2 POS are raising the bar on funneling money to their cohorts.

https://www.nj.com/politics/2019/08/politically-connected-lawyers-prospering-under-murphy-just-like-when-christie-was-here.html

BTW.   sgammo just asked for my NJ ID and charged me NJ sales tax for the first...  and last time.