M1152

Glock 22 Gen 4 LE Trade-ins

i picked up a brand new never fire one at an auction last month. 3 mags, glock case, cleaning parts, sealed paperwork, etc etc. 275$ plus fees,tax, nics; about 350$ out the door.

Nice shooting gun. Was never a glock fan boy, but couldnt pass up the deal. 

Picked up a S.S. 9mm conversion barrel from bear creek arsenal. 45$ to my door. Takes about a minute to swap between barrels. Havnt shot 9mm rounds through it yet though.

Ron

8 hours ago, eyeinstine said:

Picked up a S.S. 9mm conversion barrel from bear creek arsenal. 45$ to my door. Takes about a minute to swap between barrels. Havnt shot 9mm rounds through it yet though.

Ron

You need magazines too Ronny

On 12/23/2019 at 6:59 AM, Ray Ray said:

You need magazines too Ronny

:drinks:

No ones called me that since elementary school! And it was Ronnie! :icon_e_biggrin:

Anyway, everything i am reading is that the 40 cal. magazines will work fine; especially if they have little use (or zero previous use like mine). Also the .40 extractor works fine, just the brass flings a little on the wild side..

same deal with the .357 sig conversion barrrel. I like the idea of 1 gun and 3 barrel choices. Really makes the Glock 22 gen 4 a good buy decision since they are cheap to come by as .40 popularity fades away now that 9mm+P has taken its place.

Ron

• Informative 1

8 hours ago, eyeinstine said:

:drinks:

No ones called me that since elementary school! And it was Ronnie! :icon_e_biggrin:

Anyway, everything i am reading is that the 40 cal. magazines will work fine; especially if they have little use (or zero previous use like mine). Also the .40 extractor works fine, just the brass flings a little on the wild side..

same deal with the .357 sig conversion barrrel. I like the idea of 1 gun and 3 barrel choices. Really makes the Glock 22 gen 4 a good buy decision since they are cheap to come by as .40 popularity fades away now that 9mm+P has taken its place.

Ron

I want a 357 Sig barrel for my G22 as well Ronald.

• Haha 2

I had a Lone Wolf Distributors .40s&w to 9mm conversion barrel in a Gen 3 Glock 22. I put 3000 rounds through that barrel without changing the extractor without any issues. You know I should look for a Glock 23 trade in. :icon_idea:

• Like 1

On 12/24/2019 at 4:37 PM, Ray Ray said:

I want a 357 Sig barrel for my G22 as well Ronald.

That'll be my next purchase too.. Why not have all three barrels just for the hell of it. With 1 minute barrel swaps, its like having three diffferent guns.. Sorta like having my girlfriend wear a different color wig to bed each night.. :p

Ron

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, eyeinstine said:

That'll be my next purchase too.. Why not have all three barrels just for the hell of it. With 1 minute barrel swaps, its like having three diffferent guns.. Sorta like having my girlfriend wear different color wigs to bed each night.. :p

Ron

Or boyfriend Ronald McDonald 

On 12/22/2019 at 10:26 PM, eyeinstine said:

i picked up a brand new never fire one at an auction last month. 3 mags, glock case, cleaning parts, sealed paperwork, etc etc. 275$ plus fees,tax, nics; about 350$ out the door.

Nice shooting gun. Was never a glock fan boy, but couldnt pass up the deal. 

Ron

that doesn't seem like a bad idea converting it.  All you need is the barrel,mags?

10 hours ago, RUTGERS95 said:

that doesn't seem like a bad idea converting it.  All you need is the barrel,mags?

Too me, it’s a no brained..  45$ to shoot 9mm from the .40 gun. And switch back and forth with a 1 minute barrel change at will...

i have not had a chance to shoot it yet with the 9mm barrel. But all my research and reading, you only need to change the barrel. 40 magazines are suposed to work fine as long as they don’t have major wear and slop.

When I get a chance later, I’ll load some 9’s in the 40 mags and see if they stay put and rack through the gun..  may even rip off a few rounds in the woods out back and put this issue to rest..  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RUTGERS95 said:

Think im buying!

I loaded 10 rounds of 9mm into the new 40 cal glock factory mag. Loaded and held 10 rounds just fine. I manually chambered and racked through all 10 rounds. Cycled through all 10 perfectly fine. I did NOT get a chance to get outside and fire the gun, but no reason why it wont work fine just as i had researched and read.

So go ahead and order that 45$ BCA barrel..No new mags needed...  they even have a threaded barrel for the same price, for those looking to put a can on the end... :icon_razz:

Ron

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eyeinstine said:

I loaded 10 rounds of 9mm into the new 40 cal glock factory mag. Loaded and held 10 rounds just fine. I manually chambered and racked through all 10 rounds. Cycled through all 10 perfectly fine. I did NOT get a chance to get outside and fire the gun, but no reason why it wont work fine just as i had researched and read.

So go ahead and order that 45$ BCA barrel..No new mags needed...  they even have a threaded barrel for the same price, for those looking to put a can on the end... :icon_razz:

Ron

Outstanding!!!  Im in, will order tonight

1 hour ago, eyeinstine said:

Ron

This one?

https://www.bearcreekarsenal.com/bca-glock-22-40-caliber-9mm-conversion-barrel-stainless-steel-finish

1 hour ago, RUTGERS95 said:

Yup, thats the one! Fits Gen 1-4, does NOT fit Gen 5. just make sure you dont have the newest Gen 5 Glock 22...

It did take about 10 days or so before i received. Not fast shippers... 

Ron