Norseman

Is this legit??

On 12/28/2019 at 9:12 PM, DirtyDigz said:

Same here. (3rd request).

This is why you need to opt in to receive emails from the forum. =P

12 hours ago, ChrisJM981 said:

@Maksim

Is this deal still live? I need a pair of binoculars for work.

Yes Chris.  Find it?  Or send me a PM.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Maksim said:

Btw, for the guys who got the binos and refunds and submitted your reviews... please send me a link to the review once posted.  Thanks!

I got the binoculars, in two days, and got the refund. But I don’t have any phone adapter. Is that shipped separately?

1 hour ago, InFamous said:

Mine was shipped but I haven't received a refund yet. Who do I contact if/when I get the binos and still haven't received the refund? Yes, I filled out the form lol

did you just order or were you one of the non-prime members?

There were 2 people that were not yet refunded as they had not shipped yet.   You will get it, don't worry. =)

13 hours ago, SmittyMHS said:

Mine didn't either. Or the lanyard strap. Get a hold of their CS. Find it on their FB page.

Weird... everyone's should have come inside the packaging... They will take care of it. =)

13 hours ago, Porthole said:

I got the binoculars, in two days, and got the refund. But I don’t have any phone adapter. Is that shipped separately?

Send me the order number and will pass it on to the seller.  Should have been inside.  They are running low on stock so it is possible the older inventory did not include it.

8 hours ago, Maksim said:

did you just order or were you one of the non-prime members?

There were 2 people that were not yet refunded as they had not shipped yet.   You will get it, don't worry. =)

Just got it, thank you!

30 minutes ago, The_Matrix said:

Maksim,

Can I still order and get full refund.

If yes, I'll order tonight.  Just been very busy last 2 weeks.

They are out of stock, will be available in 5 days... at which point, yes. 

2 hours ago, Norseman said:

So I had ordered mine the night I started this thread and they only JUST shipped today and I was only just billed today as well.  Says I should receive them tomorrow.  Let’s see how this goes. 

Get Amazon Prime. =)  I am quite surprised Amazon took that long to ship to non-prime members.

I ordered on Thursday and received shipment notification Saturday.

PS, I share Prime with the family.  For me it was easier to use regular Amazon rather than explaining.  A few extra days is just fine.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Norseman said:

I’ve had prime for about 5 years but I cancelled it this year because I want to cut my spending.  I’m CONSTANTLY ordering stuff and am giving myself a cool down from that lol

hehe... I have prime to watch "Stargate" on prime video vs Netflix...  But yeah, we have Amazon crap coming almost every day... will say it is more convenient now than driving 30 mins to the store... the perks of living in the boonies.

15 minutes ago, RUTGERS95 said:

just got mine this morning.  NOT BAD at all!  I'm actually very pleasantly surprised.  Will do a review after this weekend Maks.

thank you again sir!!!!!

Fantastic.  I am sure it is a great value for the price. =)  But yes, was pleasantly surprised myself.

A lot of Chinesium stuff is very hit or miss, even if it looks the same. 

Now with the YT  channel, I am getting almost daily requests from sellers and companies to review their stuff.  Some is crap, a lot of average, and some stuff that is really quite impressive.

I have since started a pretty good relationship with two companies in China and regular contact with their owners.  Most interesting was discussing with one of them is the notion that Chinese manufacturing can give you EXACTLY what you want.  Do you want Cheap?  They can do that.  Do you want high quality?  They can also do that as well.  

Many american companies go to China to just have something produced to as cheap as they can get, as long as it meets their specs.

What seems to be critical, is to go down there for on site QC... to inspect before taking them into inventory and paying for them.

I recently had an expensive scope by a German company, but made in China, arrive dead on arrival... was interesting to find out that they do not inspect every scope, despite them costing more than $1k each.

On the flip side, Styrka just sent me their new S7... it is an $800 scope that is REALLY nice... was shocked to find it was made in China.

For these Binos, the owner of the company just sent me a picture of him visiting the factory doing QC on a new pair of  binos they have coming out, a little nicer than the ones we have now.

So... certainly interesting.

Just now, Maksim said:

hehe... I have prime to watch "Stargate" on prime video vs Netflix...  But yeah, we have Amazon crap coming almost every day... will say it is more convenient now than driving 30 mins to the store... the perks of living in the boonies.

Fantastic.  I am sure it is a great value for the price. =)  But yes, was pleasantly surprised myself.

A lot of Chinesium stuff is very hit or miss, even if it looks the same. 

Now with the YT  channel, I am getting almost daily requests from sellers and companies to review their stuff.  Some is crap, a lot of average, and some stuff that is really quite impressive.

I have since started a pretty good relationship with two companies in China and regular contact with their owners.  Most interesting was discussing with one of them is the notion that Chinese manufacturing can give you EXACTLY what you want.  Do you want Cheap?  They can do that.  Do you want high quality?  They can also do that as well.  

Many american companies go to China to just have something produced to as cheap as they can get, as long as it meets their specs.

What seems to be critical, is to go down there for on site QC... to inspect before taking them into inventory and paying for them.

I recently had an expensive scope by a German company, but made in China, arrive dead on arrival... was interesting to find out that they do not inspect every scope, despite them costing more than $1k each.

On the flip side, Styrka just sent me their new S7... it is an $800 scope that is REALLY nice... was shocked to find it was made in China.

For these Binos, the owner of the company just sent me a picture of him visiting the factory doing QC on a new pair of  binos they have coming out, a little nicer than the ones we have now.

So... certainly interesting.

couldn't agree more

interestingly enough, the Chinese are caught, the longer the process in place, reducing qc with inferior metals etc.  maybe the catch is to jump in early?

Just now, RUTGERS95 said:

couldn't agree more

interestingly enough, the Chinese are caught, the longer the process in place, reducing qc with inferior metals etc.  maybe the catch is to jump in early?

Heh?  Maybe my coffee did not kick in yet... not sure I understand?

2 minutes ago, Maksim said:

Heh?  Maybe my coffee did not kick in yet... not sure I understand?

chinese manufacturing tend to cut corners the longer they are in a production run.  They've been caught using inferior metal, more mim, etc etc.  Early on, when qc inspection is high, this is not the case.  I'm grabbing another coffee too!

1 minute ago, RUTGERS95 said:

chinese manufacturing tend to cut corners the longer they are in a production run.  They've been caught using inferior metal, more mim, etc etc.  Early on, when qc inspection is high, this is not the case.  I'm grabbing another coffee too!

Ah ok.

So this will depend on the company... and if they have any presence there.

There are many American gun companies who contract out to China and then they get complaints... which should not be surprising considering they never went to China or did much QC... what they do is send the specs and contract with a factory to make the item...

The smart ones will partner up with a local Chinese company to oversee production and do actual on site QC.  And if they don't do on site QC... would anyone be shocked if the manufacturer changes things out as long as item looks/feels the same?

Styrka chinese optics being good is not a surprise, considering Styrka's parent company is Celestron, who has the expertise in optics...

With other optics companies?  Many just go to the same factories and assume they will get the same quality as say a Vortex, Bushnell, etc... without actually testing them.

And do the American companies care?  Well, in the case of Vortex when they first launched the Chinese stuff at least... the higher return rate was more than offset by the cost savings of having it produced in China...

And let's be honest... what percentage of gun owners are actually going to run their guns hard?  Or even know there is a big issue?