45Doll

Let's Go To The Video Tape

2 hours ago, 45Doll said:

One ticket cancelled.

Nah, I'm pretty sure his ticket was to someplace hot. 

1 hour ago, 45Doll said:

Well with that view I see at least two other (CCW?) men with firearms ready to go.

Looks like even more than that. The guy that shot him looked like an iceman. One shot and dropped him. He should train the NYPD.

Let's not forget what Uncle Joe had to say:

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bronsonstocking/2019/12/29/biden-wanted-to-ban-guns-in-places-of-worship-n2558666

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

Yes, I am sure that piece of shit worm food would have followed the little Dicktator's decree.  Creepy is as creepy does.    Leftist logic.  

My heart goes out for the innocent victims.  

7 hours ago, Handyman said:

Just think, if this went down in the Garden State, there would easily be 10 dead.

Sickens me that i have to sit and be a sheep.... 

The leftists...want the slaughter...they want the carnage.  ....so they can enact their disarmament dystopian dream.   

While they sit behind the bullet proof glass in limousines.  

And beatoff, i mean Beto......and castro...are doing what?..blaming the gun....  not the bad actor and or not praising the other good guys with guns ending it..... these folks are sick....

I was sitting in the waiting room while my son got his wisdom teeth out earlier this morning.

Dentist had a CBS morning news show out of NYC on the tv. CBS reported on the shooting and showed a safe for breakfast version of the video.

The hosts then went on the heap praise on the guy that popped the bad guy. "We can only imagine how much worse it could have been..."

I thought...cool on the hosts for coming to their senses about civilians carrying guns. 

But you just know what these same journalists and their network overlords would say about CC for residents of NYC or NJ......"NY and NJ are different than the rest of country...too many people....more guns would mean more killings...."

Interestingly... ALL of the terrible things that the public has been brainwashed to believe would definitely happen (e.g., the "good guys" shooting each other; people caught in the crossfire; the police shooting the good guys, etc.) - well, NONE of that happened in this particular case, did it? 

Don't get me wrong... I'm sorry that this horrific crime happened... and my heart breaks for the victims and for the unimaginable suffering their loved ones will endure. But, you know what? That said, if it was going to happen anyway, well, forgive me... but I'm damn glad that service was being livestreamed. Because all of the logical, verbal arguments in the world are not as compelling as that several seconds of videotape in terms of actually showing people why a responsible firearm owner can be a potent protective force. Unlike previous events - (Clackamas Mall, etc.) where armed citizens helped stop a situation - this one you can SEE it unfold.

Even CNN, CBS have been forced to show this story, etc. - it's simply too newsworthy not to show it. How can any logical person help but compare this to Sutherland, TX? Yes, those 2 guys in Sutherland were incredibly brave to chase that particular killer down - god bless them - but 26 people died because the people in that Sutherland church were unarmed when the shooting happened. Rational people will now compare the 2 cases and wonder: How many in Sutherland might still be alive if an armed citizen was IN the church when the shooter started his rampage?  And how many more in the White Settlement church would be dead if those armed parishioners hadn't sprung into action? This video - though horrific - is a powerful element added to the debate.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

As I watch that video, I think that if I were ever in a situation like that, and I were fortunate enough to be in a place where I could be armed, I pray that I could act as swiftly, decisively, and accurately as that guy did.  As someone who has taken a lot of training to prepare for situations like that, I have the utmost respect for how well the defender acted. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 4

I've watched that video a number of times on a large screen. And I know I have the advantage of Monday morning quarterbacking and replays.

But I swear that guy looks so obviously out of place in that congregation, and readily able to conceal a short or long gun, that he's sending out all kinds of indicators. His outfit looks like a black version of a Ku Klux Klan getup!

If I remained in my pew (and had not left the premises) I would have been condition Orange and if possible had my pistol out of the holster before he turned back at the door. (If I could do that surreptitiously without creating my own 'alarm'.)

• Like 3

It looks like the guy that ultimately took him out was eyeballing him for a bit but didn't get a clean draw when things started to go down. 

The first guy that got shot looks like he was casually trying to draw something. Maybe he thought it was some kind of a drill? It must be pretty surreal to be sitting in church and a guy yanks out a shotgun. If you are not in condition orange it probably takes some time to process what is happening. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 45Doll said:

I've watched that video a number of times on a large screen. And I know I have the advantage of Monday morning quarterbacking and replays.

But I swear that guy looks so obviously out of place in that congregation, and readily able to conceal a short or long gun, that he's sending out all kinds of indicators. His outfit looks like a black version of a Ku Klux Klan getup!

If I remained in my pew (and had not left the premises) I would have been condition Orange and if possible had my pistol out if the holster before he turned back at the door. (If I could do that surreptitiously without creating my own 'alarm'.)

I think i read that one of the congressional members(who died) was considered "security" as well, was the one who was shot when he approached him. No idea what the bad guys intentions were, but he seemed to "go off" when confronted initially. Too bad the first guy wasn't on the ready, but they seemed to be aware this guy was danger.

This article talks about more failures coming from tyrannical leftist policies as a reflection on the evil in Texas on Sunday morning:

https://canadafreepress.com/article/barack-obamas-gun-control-executive-order-big-fail

1 hour ago, CMJeepster said:

Not from NJ. But arrested here for weapon offenses.  Notice it didn’t say convicted.  I wonder if they let him walk?

• Informative 1

You'll now see that they are making a really big deal that the guy is a "former/reserve deputy" of some kind and a "firearms instructor."

The opposition must now make the narrative say, "Look, this wasn't really a civilian. This only worked because this was a supertrained, almost special-ops type guy. Ban guns!"

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Handyman said:

You'll now see that they are making a really big deal that the guy is a "former/reserve deputy" of some kind and a "firearms instructor."

The opposition must now make the narrative say, "Look, this wasn't really a civilian. This only worked because this was a supertrained, almost special-ops type guy. Ban guns!"

Their manipulation of fact and twisting of the truth knows no bounds - they are sick demented individuals that by their actions and words indicate this has nothing to do about safety and security - but everything about disarmament, power, control and subjugating US citizens

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Handyman said:

Although that’s true more importantly if you go back and look at the video you’ll see at 3 - 4 more people come forward with weapons drawn which you certainly would have had it if they were actual LE. So if the bad guy managed to get off one more shot off against the good guy he would have been terminated by one of the other armed civilian church goers. So the point is even with the additional civilian weapons on full display cooler heads prevailed.

After this one I believe die has been cast for FREE states and you’re looking at more armed church goers going forward. They aren’t going to dick in FREE states like blue NJ with pointless legislation that only impacts law abiding citizens when they could actually let the people have the ability to defend themselves.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 12/30/2019 at 12:35 PM, Handyman said:

It looks like the guy that ultimately took him out was eyeballing him for a bit but didn't get a clean draw when things started to go down. 

The first guy that got shot looks like he was casually trying to draw something. Maybe he thought it was some kind of a drill? It must be pretty surreal to be sitting in church and a guy yanks out a shotgun. If you are not in condition orange it probably takes some time to process what is happening. 

The first guy shot remained in the OODA loop too long. Not Monday morning quarterbacking it's just a fact. His ultimate sacrifice allowed Mr Wilson to prepare and end the threat. Thank goodness for Mr Wilson's skill and bravery.

Observe Orient Decide Act. That's why it is good to practice getting off the X with gun games like USPSA and IDPA. Couple that some sort of force on force training as often as you can afford it.

• Agree 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.