Scorpio64

So, Who Else is Quitting Tomorrow Night

I work in cancer research and while there may not be a 100% viable cure we are getting pretty close with some of the immuno-therapies.  We are seeing more and more indications either cured or partially cured based on certain protein expressions.  The next 5-10 years will see some very promising breakthroughs in most if not all cancer indications.

It's been a spectacular decade for progress in cancer treatment, and the pace is only accelerating.  

Claims that the '100% cure' is out there, but being hidden by the pharma companies, are nonsense.  Cancer researchers and pharma execs still die from cancer at the same rate as everyone else.  And I can assure you that no one is 'taking one for the team' just to keep the secret safe.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, 10X said:

It's been a spectacular decade for progress in cancer treatment, and the pace is only accelerating.  

Claims that the '100% cure' is out there, but being hidden by the pharma companies, are nonsense.  Cancer researchers and pharma execs still die from cancer at the same rate as everyone else.  And I can assure you that no one is 'taking one for the team' just to keep the secret safe.

This, a brazilian times.

i would sooner believe on the chemtrails than believe the thousands of people involved      on cancer research are colluding to keep the cure hidden.

Vaping worked for me.  Don't use the preloaded pods.  They are filled with bad chemicals too.  Best to get a vape and look for a good natural juice that you like and step down the nicotine.  

As for cure for cancer read that deworming medicine for dogs fenbendazole worked for a couple people 100%.  There was promising research going on with pinworm medicine for humans mebenzadole, but supposedly testing came to a halt and price of the medicine increased 7500%. 

Well.... wasn't going to say anything as I don't know a lot of people on this forum but since this is about smoking.  I'll give you my wife's life the last 7 days. 

Christmas morning.  About 820am. Our boys (14&11) just finished up opening their presents. Wife's sister in VA calls.  Can hear screaming on the phone. Absolute chaos ensues as she's told that her mom (71) is dead.  House fire. Will leave out some details other than she died smoking in bed. Cause of death - thermal burns and smoke inhalation. Wife and I don't smoke. This has been our past week. Wife hasn't slept much. Nightmares. 

Actually driving down there in the morning to meet insurance guy at the house, finalize some things with funeral home , start cleaning the house, etc. 

So to the original OP of this thread. Quit. Please. Quit.  For your health. For your family. 

Nick

• Sad 4

3 minutes ago, DaddyNick said:

Well.... wasn't going to say anything as I don't know a lot of people on this forum but since this is about smoking.  I'll give you my wife's life the last 7 days. 

Christmas morning.  About 820am. Our boys (14&11) just finished up opening their presents. Wife's sister in VA calls.  Can hear screaming on the phone. Absolute chaos ensues as she's told that her mom (71) is dead.  House fire. Will leave out some details other than she died smoking in bed. Cause of death - thermal burns and smoke inhalation. Wife and I don't smoke. This has been our past week. Wife hasn't slept much. Nightmares. 

Actually driving down there in the morning to meet insurance guy at the house, finalize some things with funeral home , start cleaning the house, etc. 

So to the original OP of this thread. Quit. Please. Quit.  For your health. For your family. 

Nick

That sucks bro

20 minutes ago, DaddyNick said:

Nick

Doesn't matter if you know people or not, Your part of the community.

Condolences to you and your family

• Like 3
  • Agree 3

@DaddyNick - my condolences! What a nightmare for all of you. My eyes are welling. Your heartbreaking post is a poignant reminder of the "other" danger from smoking - fire. We spend so much time thinking about cancer, various other lung conditions, etc. - sometimes the fire hazard is not top of mind. 

@Scorpio64 - he's so right! PLEASE QUIT. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, capt14k said:

As for cure for cancer read that deworming medicine for dogs fenbendazole worked for a couple people 100%.  There was promising research going on with pinworm medicine for humans mebenzadole, but supposedly testing came to a halt and price of the medicine increased 7500%. 

Fenbendazole and mebenzadole showed some promise in the lab; though I'm not sure that fenbendazole ever made it into a clinical trial.  But testing comes to a halt on almost everything-there is nothing sinister about that.  Several hundred thousand compounds typically fail in the lab in order to get one compound into clinical trials, and 90% of clinical trials fail, because the drug doesn't work, or doesn't work better than what is already on the market, or because of some off-target effect.  Most likely liver tox, at least in the case of fenbendazole.

Both compounds are long off patent, so anybody can make and sell them.  Veterinary fenbendazole--the only source--is available online for only a couple of dollars a dose.   Impax Labs happens to now be the only source for mebenzadole, and their business model is largely based on predatory pricing for old drugs where the market is too small to interest any other manufacturers.  Nothing sinister there, either, though jacking up the price is an ugly side of capitalism.

• Informative 1

What finally did it for me 23 years ago, was walking to the convenience store about a half mile from my apt. at the time. I would buy hostess cakes and other junk food and eat it. No limit, gorged on the stuff.  Whenever I wanted a ciggy-wiggy I substituted food. A few weeks after that I started to run when it got warmer outside.  That helped me never to smoke again as my lungs were crap, and also to wean off the junk food.

Once you finally quit the habit, you will be forced into another.   Try to make sure the new habit isn't just as harmful or more harmful then the last.   Speaking from experience 

1 hour ago, Ray Ray said:

Once you finally quit the habit, you will be forced into another.   Try to make sure the new habit isn't just as harmful or more harmful then the last.   Speaking from experience 

So tell us about your new habit? Shoes? Dresses? Makeup? Lingerie? Giving money to Bernie Sanders?

• FacePalm 1

You could try smoking a pipe.  Has its own risks, but much less risk than cigarettes.  Smells and tastes much better too. And its much cheaper.  A tin of good pipe tobacco is around $10 for 1.75 oz, bulk is much less, and if you smoke one bowl a day a few ounces will last several weeks.  You can buy a corncob pipe for $10 that will smoke like a champ and a good quality briar for under $100 that will last forever if cared for properly (or you could buy a $1000 artisan briar pipe if so inclined, and anything in between).  And it can be an enjoyable hobby, rather than an addiction like cigarettes.

On 1/1/2020 at 2:00 AM, JohnnyB said:

An entire micro economy worth billions of dollars revolves around cancer research.  If there was a cure, do you really think they would admit it?

Sure, seeing as how you can get it over and over and diagnostics cost a pretty penny as well as any cure would. The current treatment isn't exactly modeled on chronic care and feeding you a prescription for life. So for the most part, the economic portions of it wouldn't change much. 

46 minutes ago, raz-0 said:

So for the most part, the economic portions of it wouldn't change much. 

That depends on what economy you are looking at.  Keeping baby boomers alive longer terrifies insurance companies, and other industries too, I'm sure.  Social security admin is not looking forward to people collecting the money they contributed because that account has been plundered and will never have enough money to support all the retiring boomers.

28 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

That depends on what economy you are looking at.  Keeping baby boomers alive longer terrifies insurance companies, and other industries too, I'm sure.  Social security admin is not looking forward to people collecting the money they contributed because that account has been plundered and will never have enough money to support all the retiring boomers.

That's the future. The now is now. If anything the issue of aging boomers means breakthroughs now that lower both cost and margins will have the chance to be buffered by an influx of volume. 

On 1/1/2020 at 2:00 AM, JohnnyB said:

An entire micro economy worth billions of dollars revolves around cancer research.  If there was a cure, do you really think they would admit it?

It's only reserved for people like RBG, no one can kick cancer like that bag.

• Agree 3