Indianajonze

Opinions on DP-12

seriously considering buying one. looking for opinions on the dp-12 from ppl who own and regularly shoot it. do you like it? how reliable is it? how is maintenance? would you change anything? any regrets? did you ever consider the KSG instead?

3 hours ago, Indianajonze said:

seriously considering buying one. looking for opinions on the dp-12 from ppl who own and regularly shoot it. do you like it? how reliable is it? how is maintenance? would you change anything? any regrets? did you ever consider the KSG instead?

@DeerSlayer has one - it's a fun gun.  @Ray Ray is not wrong though - it's a range toy.  It's heavy, which helps with recoil.  The spring system soaks up the recoil as well.  

Also - it comes in GOLD.

HmBYcEy.jpg

• Agree 1

haha gold is...not for me. it would be a stretch to even get the FDE version :icon_lol:

as for it being a range toy, i'd say at this point they're all range toys. m4, 590, 870, 1301, etc. what the hell are they ever used for except at the range? i know we all like to think they're bedside guns, shtf guns, zombie guns, tactical hunting guns (?) etc., but the reality is that 99.99999% of us will only ever use them at the range. for me, i want great quality and reliability and something fun to shoot. when i was first looking at the dp12 a couple of years ago, i honestly thought it was kind of a gimmick and dismissed it. here we are a few years later and it's on my radar again, mostly out of winter boredom :) i have been reading very positive reviews though, and the gun has seemed to hold up pretty well under the test of time. i also like the idea of the 2 shots per pump. kind of a nice compromise between the 5 shot semi auto limit and the single shot pump

thanks guys for the comments though. i genuinely respect both of your opinions

On 1/7/2020 at 3:01 PM, Indianajonze said:

The disassembly needed just to clean it should turn anyone off: