nj2Asupport

NJ2A Sanctuary Movement

39 minutes ago, sharkfinn94 said:

The 2nd Amendment Sanctuary movement started here in New Jersey on Dec. 23rd 2019.  Please see our website nj2asanctuary.com or your county's Facebook page. On Facebook search your county's name followed by 2A Sanctuary. example  Cumberland County 2A Sanctuary.

Utter and complete waste of time in the state of NJ - convince me I am wrong....

14 minutes ago, nj2Asupport said:

I was trying to share info to those who may be interested. Why say its a waste of time since it just started? Nobody knows the outcome yet.

Did you look at the link above - ?

And do you not see the point I am trying to make?  

Do you know Dave Rosentahl?  @Smokin .50

The point being is that this is being started and hopefully gains traction - however, look at the above poll.............

Remember one thing - HOPE IS NOT A PLAN - and you have to be a realist - this is NJ not freaking VA !

It is most important to understand it is either Pork Roll or Taylor Ham !  :facepalm:

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, nj2Asupport said:

Ok, like I said I'm just sharing info here. Sorry you don't agree with what I am posting.

I totally AGREE !!!!  sheesh I am trying to illustrate a point via some embrassment to the community here

• Disagree 1

9 minutes ago, nj2Asupport said:

Ok, like I said I'm just sharing info here. Sorry you don't agree with what I am posting.

I don't think he necessarily disagrees with your enthusiasm, I think he's pointing out that trying to get random people to send random "2A Resolutions" from an unknown "2A Sanctuary" group to county governing bodies is about as effective as shouting out the window.

I personally think that ANY effort like this is a good one.  It's polite, orderly, and at a minimum brings attention to the fact that there are people in NJ who are looking for change.

Also, for what it's worth I'd recommend re-shooting the video at the website.  Have the person shave the awful neckbeard and DON'T shoot the video in a friggin car.  It would look 1000 times more polished/professional if you simply put the guy in a button-down shirt sitting at a desk or table.

Good luck.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Let's keep the thread on-track... and realize that new posters don't know us so we should try to make our posts as clear as possible (things don't always translate well, lol). 

Anyway, thanks for your original post, @nj2Asupport. Good work!! 

• Crazy 1
  • Confused 1

I have been summoned (tagged), so I am here.

Phone people want everything in little bites.  The 2A community is behind every good 2A idea.  Some wear many hats.  Most are leaders.  

There are three kinds of gun owners in NJ:

1.  Those who MAKE things happen (like myself), @USRifle30Cal, Doug, a few others here; Mark Cheeseman, Jay Factor, and several dozens of others who will NEVER bother to come here to get harassed or to have to put up with Pork Roll vs. Taylor Ham!

2.  Those who WATCH things happen from afar, afraid to put skin in the game, all the while using their wasted energies on Pork Roll vs. Taylor Ham

3.  Those 2A "part-timers" that haven't a clue as to WHAT happened!  These folks depend upon guys like me to carry their water.  The NRA haters, the bitchers, the distractors, the time wasters.

A forum is a great thing until it's time to actually communicate.  Most don't have the time or brain cells to absorb multiple paragraphs from people that really know the subject.  Things get lost w/o inflection, knowing the other party, etc.

It's time to stop giving lip service & type service to the 2nd Amendment.  It's time to LISTEN instead of chest pound.  It's time to stop being ignorant asswipes.  It's time to put down the Taylor brand Pork Roll, and get FOCUSED ON WINNING instead of watching or NOT KNOWING WTF is happening...

I'll be carrying all your water next Monday at the Virginia statehouse.

Rosey

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Smokin .50 said:

I have been summoned (tagged), so I am here.

Phone people want everything in little bites.  The 2A community is behind every good 2A idea.  Some wear many hats.  Most are leaders.  

There are three kinds of gun owners in NJ:

1.  Those who MAKE things happen (like myself), @USRifle30Cal, Doug, a few others here; Mark Cheeseman, Jay Factor, and several dozens of others who will NEVER bother to come here to get harassed or to have to put up with Pork Roll vs. Taylor Ham!

2.  Those who WATCH things happen from afar, afraid to put skin in the game, all the while using their wasted energies on Pork Roll vs. Taylor Ham

3.  Those 2A "part-timers" that haven't a clue as to WHAT happened!  These folks depend upon guys like me to carry their water.  The NRA haters, the bitchers, the distractors, the time wasters.

A forum is a great thing until it's time to actually communicate.  Most don't have the time or brain cells to absorb multiple paragraphs from people that really know the subject.  Things get lost w/o inflection, knowing the other party, etc.

It's time to stop giving lip service & type service to the 2nd Amendment.  It's time to LISTEN instead of chest pound.  It's time to stop being ignorant asswipes.  It's time to put down the Taylor brand Pork Roll, and get FOCUSED ON WINNING instead of watching or NOT KNOWING WTF is happening...

I'll be carrying all your water next Monday at the Virginia statehouse.

Rosey

Well, it is like the movie, say it three times and you get BEETLEJUICE !

However, I was told by many in my town (gun guys too boot) that it is a waste of time to pursue the 2A Sanctuary cause. 

I was asked what does it get us? As well as told I was wasting my time......

I had zero support, except for the like of @Smokin .50 and his supportive words.

He accepts my rants as writings as I ride a bus to Manhattan most days to also take the fight there and engage the liberals on their home turf - and yes I have converted a few.

Well won't it be just grand when the Council takes it up for public discussion and places it on the agenda, as I was just notified by same that it would be doing......

Ha !  It takes but one person to stand up - now as i could not get traction in the other thread for my poll,  maybe we can try again - and if I am but that one voice at the council meeting, I at least know that I tried......  

What are *you* prepared to do ?

http://chng.it/sBBMpZTz

1200px-_Freedom_of_Speech__-_NARA_-_513536.thumb.jpg.f8da929473c2185c8cbfc48609419c67.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, USRifle30Cal said:

Well, it is like the movie, say it three times and you get BEETLEJUICE !

However, I was told by many in my town (gun guys too boot) that it is a waste of time to pursue the 2A Sanctuary cause. 

I was asked what does it get us? As well as told I was wasting my time......

I had zero support, except for the like of @Smokin .50 and his supportive words.

He accepts my rants as writings as I ride a bus to Manhattan most days to also take the fight there and engage the liberals on their home turf - and yes I have converted a few.

Well won't it be just grand when the Council takes it up for public discussion and places it on the agenda, as I was just notified by same that it would be doing......

Ha !  It takes but one person to stand up - now as i could not get traction in the other thread for my poll,  maybe we can try again - and if I am but that one voice at the council meeting, I at least know that I tried......  

What are *you* prepared to do ?

http://chng.it/sBBMpZTz

1200px-_Freedom_of_Speech__-_NARA_-_513536.thumb.jpg.f8da929473c2185c8cbfc48609419c67.jpg

BOOM!

ALL IT TAKES IS ONE PERSON IN EACH TOWN!

To everyone reading this:

What does it REALLY DO they ask?  It proves we're not sheep.  It proves we're not crazy.  It proves there's still people that CARE!  And most importantly, it MAKES NEWS!  Positive GUN OWNER News for a change.  It's like a Train Wreck:  Everybody IN THE MEDIA has to report on it or they look stupid.  When they report on it, they try being fair (in appearance) so as to not piss-off what few subscribers they have left.  Our message gets out there instead of being completely squashed.  So maybe a guy 6 towns over decides he'll stand-up, and 3 towns from him is a woman who wants to fight back for her right to defend herself.  And so on, and so on, and so on!  Like a snowball.  

It's called GRASS ROOTS people.  

You can READ about it OR YOU CAN BE ABOUT IT!

CNJFO is about BEING about it.  

If you're not a member, please FIX that.  If you ARE, or WERE, you can rejoin or extend your renewal date by a full year at any time.  Our software will extend you automatically.  Or snail mail a check to P.O. Box 768, Sewell, NJ  08080.

http://www.cnjfo.com/join-us

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Smokin .50 said:

BOOM!

ALL IT TAKES IS ONE PERSON IN EACH TOWN!

To everyone reading this:

What does it REALLY DO they ask?  It proves we're not sheep.  It proves we're not crazy.  It proves there's still people that CARE!  And most importantly, it MAKES NEWS!  Positive GUN OWNER News for a change.  It's like a Train Wreck:  Everybody IN THE MEDIA has to report on it or they look stupid.  When they report on it, they try being fair (in appearance) so as to not piss-off what few subscribers they have left.  Our message gets out there instead of being completely squashed.  So maybe a guy 6 towns over decides he'll stand-up, and 3 towns from him is a woman who wants to fight back for her right to defend herself.  And so on, and so on, and so on!  Like a snowball.  

It's called GRASS ROOTS people.  

You can READ about it OR YOU CAN BE ABOUT IT!

CNJFO is about BEING about it.  

If you're not a member, please FIX that.  If you ARE, or WERE, you can rejoin or extend your renewal date by a full year at any time.  Our software will extend you automatically.  Or snail mail a check to P.O. Box 768, Sewell, NJ  08080.

http://www.cnjfo.com/join-us

I agree with this 100%.  I saw it for myself here in VA.  There was no single group that put the 2A sanctuary movement in each county. It started with one and VCDL got the word out.  It was groups of people in each county that got together and said enough is enough.  People in NJ are always looking for one group to take over the issue and it always falls apart.  In VA every county had a 2A organization form up overnight.  It was just regular folks that decided to do something. The bus transportation to Richmond on the 20th is another good example.  Gun shops and 2A groups hired busses and people volunteered to carpool. I believe we will have tens of thousands on the 20th in Richmond.

I heard a guy say that the 2A sanctuary declarations are just symbolic. The 2A guy in my county pointed out that the Declaration of Independence was just a symbolic piece of paper to the British at the time and look what the end result was. 

The fact that gun culture is very strong in VA is another big difference. I haven't heard a single person talking about buying 10rd mags or pinning/blocking mags and stocks. There is a universal "I will not comply". 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JC_68Westy said:

I agree with this 100%.  I saw it for myself here in VA.  There was no single group that put the 2A sanctuary movement in each county. It started with one and VCDL got the word out.  It was groups of people in each county that got together and said enough is enough.  People in NJ are always looking for one group to take over the issue and it always falls apart.  In VA every county had a 2A organization form up overnight.  It was just regular folks that decided to do something. The bus transportation to Richmond on the 20th is another good example.  Gun shops and 2A groups hired busses and people volunteered to carpool. I believe we will have tens of thousands on the 20th in Richmond.

I heard a guy say that the 2A sanctuary declarations are just symbolic. The 2A guy in my county pointed out that the Declaration of Independence was just a symbolic piece of paper to the British at the time and look what the end result was. 

The fact that gun culture is very strong in VA is another big difference. I haven't heard a single person talking about buying 10rd mags or pinning/blocking mags and stocks. There is a universal "I will not comply". 

The Moms Demand Action crowd have been hosted at town council meetings throughout Bergen County for the last two years now, selling their spiel. They’ve one-upped 2A advocates early. In areas with zero gun culture, it’s gonna be a hard sell. 

13 minutes ago, Old_Hunter said:

The Moms Demand Action crowd have been hosted at town council meetings throughout Bergen County for the last two years now, selling their spiel. They’ve one-upped 2A advocates early. In areas with zero gun culture, it’s gonna be a hard sell. 

Shame on the gun owners in bergen county

• Agree 1

On 1/10/2020 at 2:02 PM, nj2Asupport said:

The 2nd Amendment Sanctuary movement started here in New Jersey on Dec. 23rd 2019.  Please see our website nj2asanctuary.com or your county's Facebook page. On Facebook search your county's name followed by 2A Sanctuary. example  Cumberland County 2A Sanctuary.

Thanks for posting this link, I haven't seen a consolidated sight like this for NJ so it is a very positive thing.

Please don't take the negativity above as a reason to be discourage. Just standard BS with NJ it seems, even when ANJRPC started the law suits for the 10R limit and carry rights, folks bitched and complained about donating, how crappy our lawyers are, what a waste of time it is, and how some are so smart because they moved...

Maybe that is the difference btwn us an VA. More bitching than action up here.

Although I don't expect we will match what they did down there, all efforts Pro-2A are good, so keep up the good work!

• Like 2