Underdog

High Standard Magazines

Can someone school me on High Standard magazines.  Are they standard and/or how to figure out which ones to get.  Also, does anybody  have a source for quality mags?   I'm not sure, but thinking the pistol is a Model "B" from the 1930s.  It has a single magazine, but there is a small crack in the mag and it functions, but not reliably.  This pistol has a really nice trigger and is a joy to shoot and is a shooter grade quality one.  Additionally, I would like to find out more about the different varieties, as a nicer one might be in the future if mags can be had for it, and, although the sights aren't bad, maybe another model with upgraded sights might be in the future.   Please share your thoughts on the High Standards.    I have seen one that had adjustable sights and I think it was a Supermatic.  I have also seen one with a threaded barrel and a silencer.  

Thanks in advance.  

I have the High Standard "Victor" and I love that pistol!  10 round mags adjustable trigger that all you have to do is breathe on it.

It has adjustable sights and super easy one button take down for cleaning.  I would actually buy another one if I found a good deal!  It's that nice!

The company went out of business long ago and mags all seem to look alike but they are different and won't work in the wrong model.  My go to for mags for this gun is Ebay and they are not cheap!

High-Standard-The-Victor-22-Target-Pistol-Beautiful-Condition_101081544_70986_389F2D605EE35883.thumb.jpg.cfe59cd6cdfae05ddc9aac8ad595ccd9.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JohnnyB said:

I have the High Standard "Victor" and I love that pistol!  10 round mags adjustable trigger that all you have to do is breathe on it.

It has adjustable sights and super easy one button take down for cleaning.  I would actually buy another one if I found a good deal!  It's that nice!

The company went out of business long ago and mags all seem to look alike but they are different and won't work in the wrong model.  My go to for mags for this gun is Ebay and they are not cheap!

High-Standard-The-Victor-22-Target-Pistol-Beautiful-Condition_101081544_70986_389F2D605EE35883.thumb.jpg.cfe59cd6cdfae05ddc9aac8ad595ccd9.jpg

Ooooohhhhh I wanna that! I shot one as a juvenile. 

space gun!!!! Soo cool! 007 cool!

• Agree 1

If you just Google Hi Standard magazines you'll get plenty of hits. IIRC, and I'm working solely off memory here, there are two basic types of Hi Standard mags. The ones for the military grip angle, like are used on the Victor and then the ones for guns that preceded the Victor, which had a steeper angle. I have a Hi Standard Model 102 a Supermatic Citation...

DSC00714.jpg

I believe that your Model B would take the more steeply angled mags like my 102.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

• Like 1