45Doll

Armed Robbery Lite

So you're an armed robber. You burst into a supermarket with your helmet on, wave your gun around to scare off all the customers, then go to grab the register cash.

In fact you're so confident you put your pistol away to grab cash with both hands.

Bad idea!

• Like 2

I'm going to take what is probably going to be an unpopular position here, but I wouldn't have taken a life in that situation.  Once he had the gun away, and I had drawn down on him, I would have issued a verbal command.  Had he then reached for his gun again, that would have been my red line.  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Old Glock guy said:

I'm going to take what is probably going to be an unpopular position here, but I wouldn't have taken a life in that situation.  Once he had the gun away, and I had drawn down on him, I would have issued a verbal command.  Had he then reached for his gun again, that would have been my red line.  

A perfectly reasonable alternative. For me personally I wouldn't have waited. Waving the gun as a threat to all the other customers was provocation enough, and presented with a less risky opportunity to deal with him, I probably would have taken it.

In that Philly video however, the first two shots put the guy on the ground and almost totally immobile. The clerk then emptied the rest of the magazine into him. That might be hard to justify. That was in 2019 and I don't believe the clerk was charged. But watching the last five or six shots is hard, even though the perp deserved to be shot.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.