nunan0219

anyone with some legal backround

i was wondering, how many names do you think it would take for assemblymen and women to see the people of new jersey's demand for ccw? also, what information would need to be included. address, name, phone number and signature i'm guessing? i know of a few gun stores/ranges and clubs that would be iwlling to post up the petition for people to sign, and i could definately get some more places. thanks

I like a man of action! I am all for helping out with this while I am there this summer.

I am not a lawyer though, so not sure if a petition would do anything legally, but it would definitely pressure those in charge if we got enough people to sign.

I think the first step should be to elect a Pro 2A governer like Lonegan, and any lesser offices during the same election. Then petitions and E mail campaigns to get the Legeslature moving to move the bill out of committee and to floor for a vote.

NJ Pols will not touch this issue if they know the State Executive will not sign it. And Corzine will not.

Just my opinion

even from our area, Chris smith and the assembly of Beck, etc... apparent pro gunners, yet dont see a peep coming out of them.

12% of NJ households own firearms. Some couties up to 30%.

Main issue is that most people dont care enough.

Who was the assemblymen that introduced the bill. Contact his office and get the petition going. We all need to get behind lonegan! If we can get 10000 signatures which I am sure we can. If there is a group of people that want to work on this we can contact all the gun shops and ranges and see if we can come for a day (ie Sat) and sign people up. I think any training center could pass the pettion durring classes. We can make this happen it is just going to take work.

what i was thinking was contacting the owners of each shooting range/gun store and some gun clubs. i know a guy who owns a print shop that can print up pads for the petition. it'll include their names address and emails. only thing is it'd have to be kept safe behind the register or something, because i know some people get uneasy if someone has easy access to their address (although..a phone book would prob easier if someone wanted their address that bad)

but 10,000 signatures is a goal that could be accomplished. if you take the 10,000 signatures that we should be able to get,and multiply that by the 20$ per permit, the state could make 200,000 just from permits. i remember seeing a statistic (i think) where close to 6-10k people in nj applied for their permit to carry, and only 1100 received it. if they upped their permit cost to 50 (which i wouldnt be totally against to be honest) they'd be able to make 500,000. and if people see that they're able to get the permit, women especially, there would be more than that. and if the state gets a surplus of 200k-500k every 5 years, that'd help our horrible state economy atleast a little bit. i'm going to draw up what each book would look like and find out how much it'd cost. might just be easier to get notebooks, but i'd rather it look as professional and neat as possible so no politician can say the petition was tainted or messed with in any way.

what pisses me off is i'm a law abiding citizen, willing to take a great deal of NRA courses because i like accelling at my hobbies. i'm going to be a deputy sheriff in essex county hopefully, and i'm going out to become a police officer. yet i'm still not allowed to carry to protect myself or my family. its bull. and there's people out there who have more reasons to need a firearm on them than i do, and they're all getting denied too.

I really do feel it would be better if we picked a day of two and went to the ranges ourselves puting it on the shop owners that are already taxed with sales and running there repective businesses just seems unfair. Maybe we can even see when the different clubs have there meeting nights and ask if we can show up with the pettitions.

you've got a point. i know the bullet hole is having sig sauer come in during june. that would be a great day to go there, i'll talk to manny next time i'm there and see what he thinks. maybe anthony from gun for hire would take one of the petitions or something. i can cover northern jersey, idk about central or south jersey. i think we can also forward this petition to steve lonegan (sp) and show him what the gun owners of nj want.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/new-je ... aled-carry

thats my online petition i started. I'm going to send it to different websites as well in the NJ area, including newspapers and training centers. Hopefully I can get it facebook and some other sites as well. a paper petition will also be in the works. hopefully between the 2 forms we can get our 10000 names.

Signed and sent to firends (friends).

+1

Edit to add:

Maybe the mods can put the link to the petition in a sticky somewhere so it doesn't get lost.

K

I will take the petitions and do my share for the cause. Just let me know. I also have about 300 people a month go through my school for SORA, lessons, etc. Email me the papers.

Be Safe

i was actually planning on having cards to hand out with information. having njgf on it, as well as the site the other gentleman posted on here. i'm already getting grief from some of my close minded friends, but hey. if they're not open to new things, who needs them.

hopefully i'll have the petitions printed up today. i'm going to the bullet hole this weekend, so i'll talk to the owner and see if i can go there for sig sauer day. i'm going to talk to some of the fire arms training places and see if they'll let me sit in on their training days or give them some of the petitions to get signed.

i have 1600 entires for the petition so far. If people want to help and have a petition sent to them for others to fill out. please email or PM me. i will send the petition in a binder along with a display if you wanted to set up at a competition or something.

I had my dad get them from eveyrone he works with and sees on his routes (copy machine tech) as well as make the copies for me. i've gotten about 20 from my shop. i'm hopin sig sauer day at the b/h will be a big hit for this. we'll see. its amazing how uncomfortable people become when u start talking about it lol. oh well.

and i will have multiple copies on hand if we do reach the goal.