• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• The article doesnt dispute a single thing I have said, and doesn't support a single thing you have said. You just read it all, but being selective in what YOU want to hear. "families get into high-interest credit card debt as the economy grows" What are you even arguing?  I said good economies produce high debt...  I showed you the graphs, and even a very well written article explaining that from someone who managed Credit debt. You said people paid down debt in good economies, but you havent shown a single piece of evidence that suggests that.    Do you want to arguing if this debt is good or bad for an economy? then start doing that because you haven't.  Credit agencies just updated how they calculate scores due to people taking out personal loans to pay off credit cards, and then rack up the credit cards again... is that bad? Yes. Will unmanaged credit lead to economic down turn? Yes... but does that mean the economy today is weak? No. In fact, it's a good regulation that will better help lenders know who should not be given more credit.   I have shown in a number of different ways how debt is used to grow economies.. at this point you're just ignoring those fact. Whether it's a company looking to expand, a company looking for a start ( as corporate debt also follows the same trend), a family looking to purchase products, a state or local government looking to invest in infrastructure with bonds. All with the specific intent to create cash flow.  Unmanaged debt will crash the economy, eventually. They have been calling for this recession since the day Trump took office. As discussed in the article, when people are force to pay down their debt and cant obtain more due to a tightening economy, the economy peaks, less cash flow, and we head into a recession.     
    • Item sold to member. Thanks for looking
    • newman was in the lead when this happened
    • i fully believe it was unintentional....but it looked to me like he was going for a pass......newman blocked him, he looked to try to go high, couldn't, then contact, then crash   i think that it's gonna be reviewed and something is gonna be done to the 12 though
    • Did you actually read the entire article? Apparently not. Here are a few other points in the article: ....." Historically, in the United States and around the world, household debt has been at its highest when the unemployment rate has been at its lowest. But that doesn’t mean the credit card debt itself is good news. It’s time for a history, economics, and psychology lesson. The high levels of consumer debt show that there may be trouble ahead. This doesn’t mean that credit card debt isn’t a serious problem for American families: it absolutely is! In 2006 and 2007, like now, the unemployment rate was low and fairly steady, hovering at or below 5%. But consumers weren’t using their paychecks to pay off their debt — and the strength of the economy meant that lenders felt comfortable taking greater risks, That helps to explain why high levels of debt occur at the same time as low unemployment. But these researchers also found that the high levels of debt eventually forced economies to contract, because payments became too hard for borrowers to manage. the higher levels of lending and borrowing make both banks and families feel wealthier than they truly are. “With credit plentiful, borrowers typically spend more than is sustainable, giving them the appearance of being prosperous. In turn, lenders who are enjoying the good times are more complacent than they should be. But debts can’t continue to rise faster than the money and income that is necessary to service them forever,” writes Dalio. When the amount of debt in the economy starts to exceed what families can realistically repay, everybody suffers. Put simply: the high level of debt in the economy doesn’t mean we’ve hit “rock bottom.” It actually means we’re reaching the peak: the high level of debt means that things can only go downhill from here. That’s occasionally true, but when you look across the economy as a whole, we usually see the exact opposite phenomenon: families get into high-interest credit card debt as the economy grows, and then have to struggle to pay it back at the exact same time that the job market is tightening. " So, @JackDaWack, please share with us this economic theory again that "Factually speaking, debt is used as a vector for economic growth for both the public and private sectors..." You also might want to read the COMPLETE article that you post....., for facts....