ytruhg

Garden State Shooting Center Vs Shore Shot Pistol Range

I’ve used both locations and purchased from both. Back years ago, Shore Shot had a much larger inventory and stock of handguns. They also had much longer lines on weekends for range use. Again this was years ago.

If I had to choose one location it would be GSSC as I never had to wait for a lane there, but maybe that’s changed.

I was formerly a member of GSSC and continue to attend our monthly meetups there. I had purchased numerous firearms from them and the service I received was always excellent. I have the highest regard for the integrity of Tony, Jeff, and their staff, and any future firearms purchases will also be from GSSC.    For me, I also found their facility (parking area, inside lounge,etcj to be a more welcoming environment. 

• Agree 2

Oh JHC, feel the butthurt coming on.    There is nothing wrong with providing an alternative. If the OP is smart, he will look at all clubs within his AO.   Personally I think both of those clubs suck for the price  Which is why I suggested central Jersey rifle and pistol club which is going to be the best in his proximity.

He He may not even know that club exists and given his driving time to both locations it would only make sense to include it as a 3rd

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, bennj said:

Had a member show me around CJRPC a few years ago, great facility. I'd join in a heartbeat, just can't justify the approx. 1K for the first year at this time. Definitely better than being stuck inside all the time though.

Agree, 1st year is the bite the bullet but after that, its much more cost effective. i haven't seen what the one time facility contribution fee is but I'd imagine its more than the 300 i had paid

I used to be a member at the G S S C for about 2 years, & I definitely enjoyed going there to use the rage as often as possible. Very good range with working ventilation system, & target carriers that work properly. Also, the store always had a really great selection of all types of firearms, even though I never purchased anything from them. I definitely very highly recommend them. 

I'm in the same boat...  I shot at BA years and years ago with my .50 Desert Eagle and they were more than accommodating.

My issue is that they're the exact same distance from me; however, I am seeing that SS has no ventilation?  I've never been there...

Does BA allow rifles?  I just built an AR in 223 / 556

CJRPC is too far for me unfortunately. :-(

4 hours ago, Freddy Caruso said:

Does BA allow rifles?  I just built an AR in 223 / 556

Brick Armory is dead. Since 2015 or so, the facility is now Garden State Shooting Center. The new owners renovated the showroom and range. It is a whole new place run by honest people.

They allow rifles up to 300 Win Mag. No green tips or steel core or other armor piercing ammo.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 1/21/2020 at 7:05 AM, RUTGERS95 said:

Agree, 1st year is the bite the bullet but after that, its much more cost effective. i haven't seen what the one time facility contribution fee is but I'd imagine its more than the 300 i had paid

How does one join CJRPC?  I just read but why does my D/L have to match my FID when it doesn’t for me to buy a firearm?

On 5/2/2020 at 8:10 PM, dajonga said:

Brick Armory is dead. Since 2015 or so, the facility is now Garden State Shooting Center. The new owners renovated the showroom and range. It is a whole new place run by honest people.

They allow rifles up to 300 Win Mag. No green tips or steel core or other armor piercing ammo.

Their website now says GSSC is now WeShoot.

25 minutes ago, Ryu said:

Wow, just checked their website and you are correct. As a fan of GSSC, I wonder what has changed. (Eg renovation, change in branding, and/or change in ownership, etc???).
I see no info on the new website concerning the change from GSSC.

Was a big fan of Tony and Jeff. Hope they are still running the business.

32 minutes ago, Ryu said:

Just saw this as well.  

just looked at their Facebook page. It says two of the original owners (Jeff and bill) are retiring, and Tony took on new partners.

appears to be a rebranding.