mjhvn

WTB a used car. Honda Accord or Toyota Camry preferably.

Looking for a used car preferably a Honda Accord 2003 model or newer. Also a Camry 2007 model or newer. Basically just something stock with a 4 cylinder (inline 4 or whatever) since basically it will be a commuter car. It would be nice if it's not a base model so some additions like a sunroof, alloy-wheel, etc would be nice. Normal wear and tear especially for the age is fine so some small dings, scratches and small dents fine for the most part. No major rust or damage please and if it has 125k or less that would be great (if it's a round that's also fine). If you have service paperwork and orignal documentation that helps. No projects if it need a little work then fine but if its does not run I am not really interested. If I were to be picky about it then I am trying to stay a way from white and somewhat black as color because they get dirty easily. Silver or grey would be the best color but won't be crazy pick about. If you have a car similar to what I'm looking for I'll be interested and looking at it at least. Nothing from the 90s I prefer to lean to about 10-15 year old since they usually fit in the budget and something very reliable, efficient and cost-effective. I can drive both standard (manual) or automatic so it doesn't matter. My budget is about $5k but that would be for a very good car that basically hit all my preferences. For sure it is challenging what I'm asking for but if you know of anyone selling a car that means pretty much could be described as what I mentioned above it'd be great that you gave me some contact information. I am located in central Jersey. 

I still have my daughter's 2014 Jetta for sale.  74k miles 1.8l turbo.  Gets 40 mpg hwy.  No issues aside from needing a brake pad change.  It is black though.  She took a job in Hawaii and it wasn't worth the effort of shipping it all that way.  The budget fits and you get the benefit of dealing with a fellow forum member.  Ping me if you'd like to look at it.  A previous buyer had a company come out and do a full inspection and road test and that is all they could find (the brakes).

Located in East Windsor.

• Like 1

@AlDente67 sounds like a good car but unfortunately has to get approval by my old man who is extremely against german vehicles believing that they have a high maintenance cost which I can't get that through his thick skull. I'm a college student and I'm somewhat dependent on my parents at the moment even though the car is for me with my money they kind of help me with some of the service fees and so forth so it has to get a deal of approval and the minute I mention it he was almost instantly against it. I've been trying to push him to see the car but it's looking like it's not really going to happen. Thank you for the extremely quickly reply and offer but I'm not sure if I'll be able to even look at it with him and I don't want to waste your time if he's pretty much going to be against it.

good luck finding one of those cars,  I just spent the last 5 months trying to find those exact cars for my daughter.   It is definitely not the same buying a used car today as it was when I bought my first few cars , 70 maverick, 66 falcon, 69 mustang   all under 500 bucks.

I finally had to resort to using a dealership which I didnt want to do ,  the scams that these dealerships pull are very frustrating too,   they advertise a car on their web page ,  you call and see if its still available and go look at it and than they tell you that " the mechanics said it had problems and they had to wholesale it out "

Not sure of your location but I used Paul Miller Subaru in Parsippany,  they did have a good selection of used cars just above your budget and they didnt pull any scams and it came with a small warranty.    

• Like 1

I just went threw this with my stepson. Facebook has a lot of offerings but good luck getting anyone to answer your requests. Open your quest to  hyundai and you'll find something in your price point. They aren't a bad little car and a lot more of them around. Hondas and Toyotas people seem to keep for well over 190k and at a premium with less mileage on them. We ended up finding a 2013 Subaru after 2 months of searching for 6k at a dealer. Another pretty good car with all wheel drive. He loves it. 

• Like 1

On 1/21/2020 at 12:25 AM, mjhvn said:

my old man who is extremely against german vehicles believing that they have a high maintenance cost

True for Porche, MB, BMW, Audi.  Not as true for VW.

btw, a cursory search shows that the 2014 Jetta has a better than average rating for maintenance.  The average for annual maintenance cost is around $600.00. 

• Like 1

On 1/25/2020 at 1:05 PM, Scorpio64 said:

True for Porche, MB, BMW, Audi.  Not as true for VW.

btw, a cursory search shows that the 2014 Jetta has a better than average rating for maintenance.  The average for annual maintenance cost is around $600.00. 

And you get me helping out.   :D