Sniper

Trump Rally in Wildwood

51 minutes ago, Downtownv said:

Yes and your Glock!

What about Tasers? I didn't see them on that list, and they are legal. :scratchhead:

1 hour ago, Downtownv said:

Appliances i.e. toasters

Someone brings toasters to a rally? Do they bring a long extension cord, too? :dontknow:

1 minute ago, GRIZ said:

Read the last line in the prohibited items list.

Apparently, for some here, I need to include /s after my posts, just to help them.

3 hours ago, Downtownv said:

• And any other items that may pose a threat to the security of the event as determined by and at the discretion of the security screeners.

So, that would include Poptarts in the shape of a gun?

Or, a pack of tissues?

Or, a Blue t-shirt?

....asking for a friend.

On 1/21/2020 at 1:18 PM, Sniper said:

Not for me, better check on your side.

...."There is just no way that the state of New Jersey would close Route 47, also known as Delsea Drive right before United States President Donald Trump is set to come to Wildwood; Unless it was an absolute necessity. Right?,

I have lost track of the number of people who have asked me if this is a circus stunt by New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy … in order to politically retaliate against President Trump, right before his fast-approaching Tuesday, January 28, 2020 Rally at The Wildwoods Convention Center?

Tens of thousands of people will be traveling to Wildwood, New Jersey.

It begs the question: Is this Bridgegate 2? (emphasis added)"

And you think NJGOP will do anything? 

Van Drew was on F&F this morning, and they cut to live video outside the convention center. A sea of people, to say the least. Plus many banners and signs hanging on adjacent buildings.

So if the highway closure did happen, it didn't work.

2 hours ago, silverado427 said:

Wow, scroll those photos of the people, and this was before the day of the rally...

Ha.. in other news, here's a picture of a Biden event in Iowa, where they're having a caucus in a week. I think there are more media people there than attendees...

EPYtYCeXkAAO-VT?format=jpg&name=small

37 minutes ago, CMJeepster said:

Look at the size of the crowd this MORNING for Trump!!

boardwalk2.jpg?w=980&q=75

• Like 2

Getting ready to head down there in a little while.  No hope of getting in (and no way I would have either the patience or stamina for that), but looking to hang out with like-minded people, and take in the whole experience.  I'll be sure to report back in a day or so. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Old Glock guy said:

Getting ready to head down there in a little while.  No hope of getting in (and no way I would have either the patience or stamina for that), but looking to hang out with like-minded people, and take in the whole experience.  I'll be sure to report back in a day or so. 

It sounds like the local watering holes will be very entertaining! Have fun down there. :girldance:

• Agree 1

43 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Ha.. in other news, here's a picture of a Biden event in Iowa, where they're having a caucus in a week. I think there are more media people there than attendees...

EPYtYCeXkAAO-VT?format=jpg&name=small

Look at the size of the crowd this MORNING for Trump!!

boardwalk2.jpg?w=980&q=75

BTW, that's at least three blocks from the convention center entrance.

WWCC.jpg

Rio Grande had some cones up but nothing that I would consider a closure.

Arrived around 9am, spoke to a very friendly Sgt. at the scene and he told me they just over 6,000 people in line at 6am so we had no chance of getting inside the venue.

Everyone was friendly, saw no protesters ,Antifa, ect. - LE was very friendly all around and it was a bit chilly being overcast and right on the water........

• Like 2

I thought that the GENERAL DISCUSSION part of NJGF was not to include discussion on politics...???
Moderators:  This thread topic should be moved to the 1st Amendment Lounge.

As a reminder, here is the quote from the mast head of the GENERAL DISCUSSION forum:

General Discussion

General Discussion Forum for subjects not dealing with firearms. Nothing controversial!

Topics should be  family and work friendly. PG13. Strictly Enforced. NO Random News Links, NO Politics

Bucket 3 Rules & Guidelines

This section was created for general discussion of various topics that does not fit any other category on the forum.

Please note, the intention of this forum is to give the users a place to discuss non gun related topics within a community of friends, on a civil level. Since people have proven time and time again that they cannot treat others with respect on an online forum, here are some rules.

1. This section is not for the discussion of ANY Politics or Religion.

• Sad 1
  • FacePalm 1
  • Disagree 5

1 hour ago, gleninjersey said:

Venue holds 7k or 7,500 (can't remember which) and they had 100k request for the free tickets.

Here's the data from the ticket requests from Brad Parscal:

Wow! New Jersey Data:

158,632 Requested Tickets (92,841 distinct signups)

73,482 Voters Identified

10.4% Didn't Vote in 2016

26.3% Democrats

Mind boggling.

7:35 PM · Jan 28, 2020

-------------------------------------------

And if you were thirsty at the Rally, they had that covered too... check out the last one:

EPaO50uXsAE4NjP?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Like 2
  • Haha 2