-Logging and report of ammo sales 

A1492-https://legiscan.com/NJ/text/A1492/2020 

-illegal binary triggers

A1807-https://legiscan.com/NJ/text/A1807/2020 

-Travel 

A2143-https://legiscan.com/NJ/text/A2143/2020 

-New NJ residents 

AR25-https://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2020/Bills/AR/25_I1.HTM 

Doesn’t look good but then again it never does.

The most comprehensive and up-to-date way to search for and read the bills that relate to firearms here in the Glorious People Republik of New Jerseystan is to go to the NJ Legislature site (https://www.njleg.state.nj.us/) and go to the Bill Search section (on the right)

Click on "List of Bill Subject Headings" and choose PUBLIC SAFETY - WEAPONS

It will take you to a multi-page listing of all the bills in that section. Choose an individual bill by clicking on its bill number and choose HTML or PDF to bring up the entire text (and explanation) of the particular bill. When done with that bill, use the BACK arrow to return to the list rather than closing the window. Choose another bill you wish to read.

Rinse and repeat. The list is currently 4 pages long, but I assure you it will grow by leaps and bounds over the next 2 years of this legislative session, as it always does. Take note of the sponsors and co-sponsors of the bad bills. They are the enemy. Conversely for the good bills.  And there are some of them. The good bills' sponsors are the good legislators we should support.

CAUTION:

If you are on blood pressure meds, have them handy when you read most of these proposed laws, and DON'T OVERDO IT. It may be hazardous to your continued good health, both physical and mental.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, USRifle30Cal said:

I mean we all new this was coming - dont be surprised -

So, you're going to basically agree with me here, but give me crap in the other thread, when all along you've been advocating for major pushback and know what the future holds?  :scratchhead:  :dontknow:

2 hours ago, njJoniGuy said:

.......Conversely for the good bills.  And there are some of them. The good bills' sponsors are the good legislators we should support.

I was skeptical, but there are actually a few that are good. I don't have hopes of them going anywhere, but it is refreshing to see nonetheless.

So one of the new bills says I can now stop for food on my way home from the range? Cool beans.

Some of these are actually good. Getting a FID is expedited if you are a victim of domestic violence. The clarification of when you can stop somewhere when transporting allows more than I previously believed. LEOs get tax credits for training. BB guns to be no longer treated like guns.

But a lot of dumb shit as per usual that won't prevent violent crimes from happening.

Keep in mind that MOST OF THESE BILLS will NEVER see the light of day and have a hearing in the Law and Public Safety Committees of the Assembly or the Senate.

Given the supermajorities held by the Dims in both chambers, be assured that only the anti-2A bills stand any kind of chance of becoming law.

:angry:

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, njJoniGuy said:

Keep in mind that MOST OF THESE BILLS will NEVER see the light of day and have a hearing in the Law and Public Safety Committees of the Assembly or the Senate.

Given the supermajorities held by the Dims in both chambers, be assured that only the anti-2A bills stand any kind of chance of becoming law.

Gotta maintain SOME hope in this bleak world.

1 hour ago, Greenday said:

So one of the new bills says I can now stop for food on my way home from the range? Cool beans.

Some of these are actually good. Getting a FID is expedited if you are a victim of domestic violence. The clarification of when you can stop somewhere when transporting allows more than I previously believed. LEOs get tax credits for training. BB guns to be no longer treated like guns.

But a lot of dumb shit as per usual that won't prevent violent crimes from happening.

Actually, NJ just passed a law that all imitation firearms are illegal.

That would be all airsoft BB and similiar non-firearm like guns 

2 hours ago, Greenday said:

LEOs get tax credits for training. 

Why is this needed?  Do LEO’s pay for training out of pocket?  I would have thought LEO’s would be on the clock while attending training and their dept would cover the expense. 

2 hours ago, Greenday said:

I never liked the idea of a judge deciding what was "reasonable deviation".  However, I feel sorry for the smaller LGSs.  The additional taxes on guns and ammunition may put them out of business.

4 hours ago, njJoniGuy said:

I just spent a couple of hours going back through ALL the bills that were listed in the PUBLIC SAFETY - WEAPONS section of the just completed 2018-2019 legislative session.

There were 225 bills in the Assembly and the Senate.

Only 34 of them had hearings in the Law and Public Safety Committees of the 2 chambers, or 35.3%

Of those 34 bills, 12 (actually 24 because for a bill to become law, the same bill must be approved by each chamber, so the law is actually derived from 2 different bill numbers) became law (70.6%), all of them bad from the Pro-2A perspective. They became:

PL2018 c34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 & 161   and

PL2019 c164, 165, 166, 167 & 481   (c481 is the new toy gun sales prohibition referenced in a post higher up in this thread)

As to HOPE, imho there is NO HOPE on a state-level here in the PRNJ. All 3 branches of government in Trenton are vehemently ANTI-2A. Our only chance of relief can come from the Federal Judiciary.

Edited by njJoniGuy
Edited to explain about 2 different bills necessary to make a new law
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dilbert1967 said:

I never liked the idea of a judge deciding what was "reasonable deviation".  However, I feel sorry for the smaller LGSs.  The additional taxes on guns and ammunition may put them out of business.

It fits right in with NJ being anti-small business.

10 hours ago, dilbert1967 said:

However, I feel sorry for the smaller LGSs. The additional taxes on guns and ammunition may put them out of business.

7 hours ago, Greenday said:

It fits right in with NJ being anti-small business.

As the Husband of a former small business owner; I have to agree with Greenday here.

The possible savior for the LGS' is they also want to make any ammo sale not conducted face to face by a licensed FFL illegal. They might not know reloading exists, since I have not seen them try to outlaw that YET.

8 minutes ago, kc17 said:

As the Husband of a former small business owner; I have to agree with Greenday here.

The possible savior for the LGS' is they also want to make any ammo sale not conducted face to face by a licensed FFL illegal. They might not know reloading exists, since I have not seen them try to outlaw that YET.

And if they do...how do they enforce it ?.....they can't.

11 hours ago, JackDaWack said:

Actually, NJ just passed a law that all imitation firearms are illegal.

That would be all airsoft BB and similiar non-firearm like guns 

Why did they do that?

Think abt it, why?

Think long game......

The Senate Law and Public Safety (LPS) Committee has a meeting scheduled for later today (Thursday 1/23)

Currently, nothing is listed on the agenda

The Assembly LPS Committee has a meeting scheduled for Monday 1/27

There are 4 bills on the agenda right now, none 2A related

These agendas of these committees are ultimately controlled by the Speaker of the Assembly and the President of the Senate

This is where the bad sh!t will start at the behest of Gov Gopher and the Swarmi

I use this link as its easier to see them all in one place:

Proposed New Jersey Firearm Legislation

Some of them are very, very bad with these two in particular. They want to reduce down the number of features that define an assault rifle from two to ONE. There is also mention of banning muzzle brakes. 

Proposed New Jersey Firearm Legislation S747 - Title: Expands definition of assault firearm.

This bill expands and codifies those criteria to include more features.  Additionally, under the current regulations a firearm will be considered "substantially identical" if it has a detachable magazine and at least two other features, such as a flash suppressor and a folding or telescoping stock.  This bill reduces the number of criteria that are to be met from two to one for the firearm to be considered an assault firearm. 

The provisions of this bill would make the definition of an assault firearm substantially similar to the California law enacted on July 1, 2016.

Proposed New Jersey Firearm Legislatio S98 - Strengthens State's assault weapons ban.

This bill would strengthen the State's current assault weapons ban by revising the definition of an assault weapon to include:   rifles with detachable magazines and one military style feature; semi-automatic shotguns with one military style feature; and semi-automatic pistols with one military style feature.

The current definition of an assault weapon sets forth a list of prohibited firearms and specifically includes any firearm that is "substantially identical" to any of the enumerated firearms.  Under State regulations, a semi-automatic firearm is to be considered substantially identical to an enumerated firearm if it meets certain criteria.  This bill codifies these regulations while expanding the number of firearms that would be considered assault weapons by adding criteria and reducing the number of criteria that must be met from two to one.  For example, under current regulations, a semi-automatic rifle that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least two listed criteria would be considered an assault weapon.  These criteria include:  a folding telescoping stock, a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon; a flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor; and a grenade launcher.  Under the bill, additional criteria are added including a thumbhole stock and a second handgrip or a protruding grip that can be held by the non-trigger hand.  The bill also requires that only one criteria be met, rather than the currently required two.

2 hours ago, RobCo said:

I use this link as its easier to see them all in one place:

Proposed New Jersey Firearm Legislation

Some of them are very, very bad with these two in particular. They want to reduce down the number of features that define an assault rifle from two to ONE. There is also mention of banning muzzle brakes. 

Proposed New Jersey Firearm Legislation S747 - Title: Expands definition of assault firearm.

This bill expands and codifies those criteria to include more features.  Additionally, under the current regulations a firearm will be considered "substantially identical" if it has a detachable magazine and at least two other features, such as a flash suppressor and a folding or telescoping stock.  This bill reduces the number of criteria that are to be met from two to one for the firearm to be considered an assault firearm. 

The provisions of this bill would make the definition of an assault firearm substantially similar to the California law enacted on July 1, 2016.

Proposed New Jersey Firearm Legislatio S98 - Strengthens State's assault weapons ban.

This bill would strengthen the State's current assault weapons ban by revising the definition of an assault weapon to include:   rifles with detachable magazines and one military style feature; semi-automatic shotguns with one military style feature; and semi-automatic pistols with one military style feature.

The current definition of an assault weapon sets forth a list of prohibited firearms and specifically includes any firearm that is "substantially identical" to any of the enumerated firearms.  Under State regulations, a semi-automatic firearm is to be considered substantially identical to an enumerated firearm if it meets certain criteria.  This bill codifies these regulations while expanding the number of firearms that would be considered assault weapons by adding criteria and reducing the number of criteria that must be met from two to one.  For example, under current regulations, a semi-automatic rifle that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least two listed criteria would be considered an assault weapon.  These criteria include:  a folding telescoping stock, a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon; a flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor; and a grenade launcher.  Under the bill, additional criteria are added including a thumbhole stock and a second handgrip or a protruding grip that can be held by the non-trigger hand.  The bill also requires that only one criteria be met, rather than the currently required two.

It is interesting that these two bills say pretty much the same thing.  I made the false assumption that 26 democrats would have some communication to avoid redundancy.  Given that states borrow each other's ideas, I am not surprised.

1 hour ago, father-of-three said:

It is interesting that these two bills say pretty much the same thing.  I made the false assumption that 26 democrats would have some communication to avoid redundancy. 

They just copy and paste previous bills, and advance them to the next legislative session, hoping they'll get passed the next go-around.