Downtownv

NJ2AS sues NJ over Red Flag Law

“Red Flag” lawsuit: Judge makes jaw-dropping opening statement in NJ “red flag” lawsuit!

Everything you need to know about New Jersey’s unconstitutional “red flag” law which is being used to take innocent people’s firearms away with no due process. Click on the video below to learn how the law was formed, how it is being abused, and how NJ2AS is fighting back in federal court. Please help our efforts to fight back and become a proud card-carrying member by clicking here.

SEEMS Alex has chosen Legal actions over other failed attempts.
The good news he's winning
The Bad news it takes $$$
Seems this group is doing more than any other to fight the Draconian Gun Laws of New Germany

I support them!
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, kc17 said:

Thanks, I'll try to carve out some time for it. Is it truly "jaw-dropping" though?

The email they sent out didn't have any additional information than what you posted either.

Go to 13:30 in the video 

to paraphrase- the judge said to both parties “can we agree on its face this law is unconditional?”

good video though - listen to all of it 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, kc17 said:

Anyone have a text version of the "jaw-dropping opening statement"?

I guess I'm old-school enough to still prefer text over videos; I can quickly scan text to filter out the extraneous.

In the video the disclosure of the statement comes at 13:30

Essentially, one of the first things that the judge said to all present was:

"can we all agree that this statue as drafted is facially unconstitutional".

Referring to the gun confiscation statute. 

You and everyone else really have to watch this video.

To learn how the politicians along with their lawyers, the OLS, intentionally and knowingly subverted the US constitution.  

Apparently there was an internal memo which said that NJ's gun confiscation statute is unconstitutional...

And on top of that, they intentionally avoided this being a criminal charge so that the accused would not be entitled to a public defender. 

In other words, if you cant afford the $5k - $10k to hire an attorney, youre on your own...

Just criminal. 

I would even say evil. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks.

I was going to listen to it on the drive into work, but my phone would not turn off the screen and still play the audio. My phone is mounted to the A-Pillar of my truck, so it is visible from the outside. I suppose I could put the phone in cup holder for the time being. If I can get some privacy I will listen during lunch.

Some podcasts are done so poorly I find them difficult to listen too as well.

25 minutes ago, deerpark said:

To learn how the politicians along with their lawyers, the OLS, intentionally and knowingly subverted the US constitution.  

Apparently there was an internal memo which said that NJ's gun confiscation statute is unconstitutional...

To the lawers on here - is that memo "discoverable", or can it be FOIA'd?

1 hour ago, kc17 said:

Thanks, I'll try to carve out some time for it. Is it truly "jaw-dropping" though?

The email they sent out didn't have any additional information than what you posted either.

Well yes, when you understand the clowns that wrote this KNOW it's unconstitutional.

WTF is the NRA? 

Evan Nappen?

I'll tell you where.... MIA

I have stopped supporting the NRA as they have done SQUAT for NJ Gun Owners.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Downtownv said:

I think it's fine to have your "favorite" 2A org(s) - most of us do, after all! That said, I have come to recognize that no group is going to execute everything perfectly... or focus on what we keyboard warriors think they should...and perhaps we should stop "eating our own"...?  

I applaud this lawsuit and wish them Godspeed... much as I applaud legal actions by ANJRPC (our NRA affiliate)… and as I also applaud a number of 2A orgs operating in NJ (both large and small) who put their primary focus not on lawsuits but on engaging and training new shooters and/or growing a corps of NRA-certified instructors, etc. - ALL of that is good stuff IMO.

I'll be the first to admit, I've been guilty of saying negative things about a 2A org myself, but I'm trying to think before I type now. My belief is that a well-deserved "thumbs up" for one organization is only cheapened when it contains a slam on another. It's just not helpful. Just my 2 cents! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Downtownv said:

Join them!

Newbies get entered for a drawing of an AR

They still have the Raffle posted on the site, but when you click on the Rules, it says it ended already. I would've joined either way.... but.....

"NJ2AS Gun Giveaway (“Sweepstakes”) begins Saturday, September 1, 2019, 12:01 AM EDT, and ends at 11:59 PM EDT on December 31, 2019.

https://nj2as.org/sweepstakes-rule/

1 hour ago, kc17 said:

They still have the Raffle posted on the site, but when you click on the Rules, it says it ended already. I would've joined either way.... but.....

"NJ2AS Gun Giveaway (“Sweepstakes”) begins Saturday, September 1, 2019, 12:01 AM EDT, and ends at 11:59 PM EDT on December 31, 2019.

https://nj2as.org/sweepstakes-rule/

Don’t bother - I was the winner of the sweepstakes ! Ha 

just need to meet with the modern materiel folks to claim my prize - they are busy with shot show this week ! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ChrisJM981 said:

This was the man who was allegedly advocating violence against Jews? They couldn't have waited for a better plaintiff? 

I think they only provided one actual quote. 

Theyre not naming the "far right" website.

Regardless of who this guy likes or doesnt like, it doesnt change the illegality of the NJ's gun confiscation statute. 

The media: if youre a gun owner, youre a bigot.

13 hours ago, NJRulz said:

just need to meet with the modern materiel folks to claim my prize - they are busy with shot show this week ! 

Thats kinda cool.

Atleast we know the whole thing wasnt fake, lol

• Like 4

On 1/22/2020 at 8:48 AM, Downtownv said:

Well yes, when you understand the clowns that wrote this KNOW it's unconstitutional.

WTF is the NRA? 

Evan Nappen?

I'll tell you where.... MIA

Negotiating Rights Away?

No thanks.

This is where our money should be going, a real no-compromise lobby:

https://gunowners.org/

And as far as I can tell, these guys arent far behind:

https://www.firearmspolicy.org/

I give to both. About to renew my membership with NJ2AS. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, kc17 said:

I suck, I thought I had signed up previously; apparently I was signed up for the emails, but had not joined.

I'm now a paid member.

I was a member but it lapsed. 

Gonna sign up again. 

Just debating on which membership to get. 

I'm leaning towards lifetime .

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, deerpark said:

I think they only provided one actual quote. 

Theyre not naming the "far right" website.

Regardless of who this guy likes or doesnt like, it doesnt change the illegality of the NJ's gun confiscation statute. 

The media: if youre a gun owner, youre a bigot.

Thats kinda cool.

Atleast we know the whole thing wasnt fake, lol

Allegedly. The statistic I heard on Gun For Hire Radio was one red flag per county per day. I'm surprised that was the one to go to, although it doesn't matter. You could be a priest quoting the bible and they'd lock you up if someone red flagged you. It is clearly unconstitutional without due process. My guess is it will get knocked down in the Third Circuit at which point NJ Legislators will write another law a little less egregious. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, deerpark said:

I was a member but it lapsed. 

Gonna sign up again. 

Just debating on which membership to get. 

I'm leaning towards lifetime .

58 minutes ago, RUTGERS95 said:

GOA member here, NRA life member as well but won't give another dime to NRA while Wayne is there.  GOA seems legit

Lifetime is too much at once for me, so I did Premium.

I've heard about GOA.

Also a NRA lifetime (when they were running a sale on it), but have not given anything since. WTF would I donate money for Wayne's suits? Let him buy his own clothes!

14 hours ago, NJRulz said:

Congrats!

• Like 1

I'm Jewish. and very involved in promoting self defense in the Jewish community.  I don't care if the plaintiff is a neo-nazi asshole.  Laws like this are far more dangerous than any neo nazi or terrorist.  Now, if he actually threatened people that's a different story.  If there is probable cause for a warrant and due process is followed, AND severe criminal and civil penalties for making false claims under the red flag law, then I can see some circumstances where guns could be confiscated pending a hearing to determine if any laws have been broken (just like people can be held without bail before a trial in exceptional circumstances).  But this law clearly doesn't meet that standard.

Don't know if it came up in the video bu the AG's office apparently published criteria that require probable cause even though the statute doesn't.  That's an admission that the statute as written us unconstitutional and administrative action is not an adequate substitute.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2