jm1827

Beretta A400?

Picking up a Beretta A400 - 20Ga for my wife next weekend and wanted to have some ammo on hand to shoot right away.  Since this is a SA, does anyone know if it is sensitive to any type of ammo?  

Don't want to pick up a case and find it won't cycle.

Thanks

32 minutes ago, jm1827 said:

Picking up a Beretta A400 - 20Ga for my wife next weekend and wanted to have some ammo on hand to shoot right away.  Since this is a SA, does anyone know if it is sensitive to any type of ammo?  

Don't want to pick up a case and find it won't cycle.

Thanks

Remington gun club seems to be a safe choice for me. 

If its anything like my A400 12g, it will not like light target loads. 

Not that it wont cycle them, but the A400 has recoil reduction... gotta plant your shoulder for consistent cycling... I can tell when i get lazy, cause the gun starts to jam on a short stroke.  

on the flip side.. my waterfowl and pheasant loads have NEVER given me an issue.. and recoil reduction makes for an all day shooter. 

I have a 1301 comp which mechanically speaking is the same shotgun.

It'll eat the 2-3/4 dram (1-1/8oz @ 1145FPS) target loads all day long.  When I get much lighter than that my gun doesn't like it, although some people don't have issues.  

The gun is awesome.  It's fast, it handles great, it doesn't stop working.  Replace your hammer struts every 10k rounds or so as they will break over time.