SmittyMHS

Things could get interesting now.

1 hour ago, Sniper said:

I wish I was, here's how the Eastern counties voted:

250px-Pennsylvania_Presidential_Election

NJ influence maybe??

Oh I knew you were right about the eastern side being blue. I meant it would still be better then what we have here now. And we could help dilute the cesspool.

8 hours ago, SmittyMHS said:

Oh I knew you were right about the eastern side being blue. I meant it would still be better then what we have here now. And we could help dilute the cesspool.

Yeah, it just depends on how many transfer and if it dilutes it enough. We also have some Blue counties right over the river from PA's Blue counties, so they might just make it worst.

I suspect there are many like myself in South Jersey who would welcome a chance to get out from under Trenton's thumb. As I recall there was some talk about this part of the State seceding, some years back.

I don't see the river as a problem. Lots of states have rivers in them.

4 minutes ago, Hairless Joe said:

I don't see the river as a problem. Lots of states have rivers in them.

The river won't be an issue, it's the Blue counties in NJ that are across the river. Here's the 2016 map in NJ:

205px-New_Jersey_Presidential_Election_R

It's a good thing us guys in Ocean County are carrying water for much of the state!!!! :clapping:  :good:

• Agree 2

I stand by my proposal to trade Warren county for Philadelphia county.  Since there is already a Warren county in Pa, the county can be renamed Musconetcong county.  The county already has 5 or 6 bridges, so Pennsylvania could easily be on both sides of the Delaware!

11 hours ago, Sniper said:

I wish I was, here's how the Eastern counties voted:

250px-Pennsylvania_Presidential_Election

NJ influence maybe??

Philadelphia influence has branched out a bit.  Scranton and Allentown are the other eastern "blues," and Monroe county has been a New York City suburb for the past 20 years.  It felt really good to help make Pennsylvania a red state in the 2016 election.

2 hours ago, Sniper said:

The river won't be an issue, it's the Blue counties in NJ that are across the river. Here's the 2016 map in NJ:

It's a good thing us guys in Ocean County are carrying water for much of the state!!!! :clapping:  :good:

This map can also be used as the "best and worst" places to live in NJ.

• Like 1

I think it would be great if Morris, Somerset, Hunterdon, Warren and Sussex counties succeeded from the State of NJ. You can bet Trenton would fight that as they would be stuck funding almost all the corrupt bottomless money pit cities! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, pasu0115 said:

Much of Somerset is Republican and wealthy, and I live there and wouldn't want to be stuck in What would remain of NJ if counties succeeded.

Not according to the last Presidential election results in 2016, not even close... unless many Repubs stayed home...

somerset.jpg

Somerset is a blue county now, there are a few places in the county such as Raritan and Warren were they are still Republican controlled, the 2019 election you had towns such as Watchung flip blue and now a Democrat controlled freeholders and a new democrat sheriff in the sheriff's office. It is the first time in 50 years since you had Democrat control in Somerset county.

2 hours ago, WP22 said:

Morris won't be red for much longer, either.

I don't know about that. I'm in Morris county. I have kids in High School in the town I live in. The entire student body  are Trump supporters. They drive around with Trump 2020 and Maga flags on their vehicles. Gives me hope.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, diamondd817 said:

I don't know about that. I'm in Morris county. I have kids in High School in the town I live in. The entire student body  are Trump supporters. They drive around with Trump 2020 and Maga flags on their vehicles. Gives me hope.

Better keep hoping, the Dem supporters aren't that far behind:

morris.jpg

10 minutes ago, gleninjersey said:

Why would PA want NJ counties?

Maybe not the counties, but how about the MONEY (think additional revenues)?

1 hour ago, diamondd817 said:

I live here too.

Mikie Sherril won big against a state representative; Jay Webber. While that congressional district has parts of Essex county, her campaign signs were all over Mt. Lakes, Boonton, Rockaway. She came in very strong in areas I wasn't expecting.

Hell, after Trump's election I saw a few people wearing the knitted pussy hats

On 1/25/2020 at 10:28 AM, Sniper said:

The Blue Plague infection map.