Downtownv

Saw this in the Rag Asbury Park Press 1/24/20

If you want to be a hero with a gun, join the Marines

Bob Percopo, author of the Jan. 17 oped “Allowing concealed carry gun law in New Jersey is common sense,” thinks he should be able to carry a concealed weapon. He tells us all about how well trained he is.

As a three armed conflict Marine veteran, that’s exactly what I’m going talk about. Apparently, Percopo has never been shot at.

Shooting at paper targets is a lot different then when the targets shoot back, and you are shaking like a leaf.

Go to Youtube, and type in “shoot out,” and see people fire 40 rounds at each other from 10 feet away and miss. Where did all the bullets go?

Also type in people shooting themselves; and you will see range instructors just like Percopo, and cops, and FBI agents shooting themselves while giving a class on gun safety! The very people he says qualified him.

While the police can say you are qualified to handle a gun, they have no idea about your mental state. And, just imagine what a cop sees if he comes on a scene of people shooting at each other. One’s a good guy, and the other is a bad guy. Only to the cop they both look the same. Who does he shoot? I would shoot you both and ask questions later.

The last thing we need is more people with guns on the streets hoping to be heroes. If you want to be a hero with a gun, join the Marines.

Maybe then you will get the message that gun nuts are dangerous to everyone’s health, no matter what side you are on.

Edward H.Decker Manchester

To which I say, Mr. Decker, IF, you were in fact, a Marine, you are a disgrace to the Corp.

You took an Oath to defend the constitution

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

Upon discharge you were NEVER relieved of that oath.
Concealed Carry is about the right to defend oneself not to be used offensively.
YOU POS!
  • Like 4
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Downtownv said:

Edward H.Decker Manchester

Decker is a total asshole. I see his comments on many articles, he's always a jerkoff.

1 hour ago, Downtownv said:

YOU POS!

Couldn't have said it better!

Just now, voyager9 said:

That’s amazing!  You’re from the future?

Ha.... I wondered that too...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

Damn straight!   I was never relieved of my oath and God is watching!

Worse, your ass can be conscripted under the seldom used reserve reactivation clause.  In simpler language, they'll draft you. :D

* lessee if anyone get it
** it's a real thing, albet HIGHLY unlikely it'd ever get used.
*** I think it's high time that every person at the age of 18 (or whatever we decide to change it to as delcaring you an "adult") be required to take the same type of oath as a right of passage to full citizenship.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Grapeshot said:

"As a three armed conflict Marine veteran"

I've never seen a three armed Marine. Must make him 50% more formidable than the standard two armed variety. Pictures or it doesn't count. 

@Golf battery only has two that I've seen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wow.  Mr. Decker is not only a three armed marine, but he is also an expert in using the logical fallacy know as the straw man argument: falsely define your opposition and then criticize the inaccurate assumptions made, but talk like they are accurate.  

• Like 2