Displaced Texan

Kobe Bryant dead...

On 1/31/2020 at 5:50 PM, Zabuca said:

RIP to the other people on the helicopter that didn’t cheat on their spouse and buy their way out of a rape conviction. 

Kobe raped no one. Adulterer? Yes. Seemingly changed that part of himself. Went on to do amazing things for himself and others. Rapist? Absolutely not. 

3 hours ago, Albanian said:

Kobe raped no one. Adulterer? Yes. Seemingly changed that part of himself. Went on to do amazing things for himself and others. Rapist? Absolutely not. 

Really?

Kobe's Apology

"First, I want to apologize directly to the young woman involved in this incident. I want to apologize to her for my behavior that night and for the consequences she has suffered in the past year. Although this year has been incredibly difficult for me personally, I can only imagine the pain she has had to endure. I also want to apologize to her parents and family members, and to my family and friends and supporters, and to the citizens of Eagle, Colorado.

I also want to make it clear that I do not question the motives of this young woman. No money has been paid to this woman. She has agreed that this statement will not be used against me in the civil case. Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did. After months of reviewing discovery, listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person, I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter.

I issue this statement today fully aware that while one part of this case ends today, another remains. I understand that the civil case against me will go forward. That part of this case will be decided by and between the parties directly involved in the incident and will no longer be a financial or emotional drain on the citizens of the state of Colorado."

Yeah, he is saying he didn’t rape her even if she felt she was. It’s PR stuff. She was a gold digger. Had sex  with two different guys after being “raped”. Come on.

Oh and then she does a live rap about being raped by Kobe. Seriously? She dropped the legal case because she had zero credibility. 

10 hours ago, Albanian said:

Yeah, he is saying he didn’t rape her even if she felt she was. It’s PR stuff. She was a gold digger. Had sex  with two different guys after being “raped”. Come on.

Oh and then she does a live rap about being raped by Kobe. Seriously? She dropped the legal case because she had zero credibility. 

She dropped the legal case because she wouldnt win against money and idol worship.

1 hour ago, PeteF said:

She dropped the legal case because she wouldnt win against money and idol worship.

Yea that’s what leftist media pushed. In reality she wasn’t raped and the defense made her look like a clown. A rape victim does not have sex within a day of their rape.

3 hours ago, Albanian said:

Yea that’s what leftist media pushed. In reality she wasn’t raped and the defense made her look like a clown. A rape victim does not have sex within a day of their rape.

I have no dog in this. I’m not really a fan of any sports stars. I’m also not saying that she was or wasn’t raped. Because I don’t know. She could be a victim, she could be a gold digging scammer, she could be something in between - I Don’t know.

All I am saying is that every rape victim acts differently following being victimized. The fact that she did, or didn’t, have consensual sex so soon afterwards does not prove anything for either side.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

54 minutes ago, Albanian said:

Thank you for proving my "idol worship" comment.

An innocent man maintains his innocence.  He does not confess and apologize to "make it go away"

Edited by PeteF

5 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

I have no dog in this. Im not a fan of any sports stars. I’m also not saying that she was or wasn’t raped. Because I don’t know. She could be a victim, she could be a gold digging scammer, she could be something in between - I Don’t know.

All I am saying is that every rape victim acts differently following being victimized. The fact that she did, or didn’t, have consensual sex so soon afterwards does not prove anything for either side.

There's also only two people one person that actually knows what happened.

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, PeteF said:

Thank you for proving my "idol worship" comment.

An innocent man maintains his innocence.  He does not confess and apologize to "make it go away"

I look at facts. I never much cared for Kobe. I like basketball but can’t name you the starting lineup of my favorite team. 

An innocent man will often do what he must to make people stop as well. There are plenty of guilty pleas by the innocent. Is everyone forgetting the criticism he was facing as well as the support? 

He was never found guilty and never admitted guilt. He gave a false apology “I’m sorry you felt that way” and that was it. Then paid her to leave him alone. Those are facts.

This whole dragged on frenzied, out-of-control, glorification/adulation/idolization silliness has (hopefully), now reached its crazy denouement with the massive memorial for Kobe Bryant at the Staples Center today with approximately 20,000 attendees. Let's hope that this is the end of it....

Yes, the man was a very talented and accomplished professional basketball player who then later in his life helped young kids, but give me, (and all of us), a break!

For the past month, Bryant's untimely death has been sensationalized and venerated by the main stream media, the NBA and all sorts of other media personalities who just want to capitalize on his celebrity fame to give themselves more media attention.  Many of their weepy platitudes are very superficial, dishonest and self-serving.  This media circus just cements what is truly important to more and more Americans... That they are so willing to allow themselves to be so thoroughly enamored, if not consciously seduced by celebrities in our society, whether they are professional sports athletes, TV/Film actors or other high-profile individuals.  So very sad!

AVB-AMG

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

You know, it's possible to not care about Kobe. I don't, and I haven't been forced to watch or see anything. I didn't even realize they had the memorial. Because I actually don't care about celebrity #1298301823981.  I also don't care if other people care. If it is genuinely upsetting to them, let them mourn and grieve in their way. If they jsut want to be some kind of emotional vulture with the spectacle? That's fine too.  Because it doesn't matter to me. 

You whine because you care and think you should be the gatekeeper of appropriateness on a given subject. The world should comport itself to your moral judgement. Get over your ego and just don't engage with it if you don't like it.  

4 hours ago, raz-0 said:

You whine because you care and think you should be the gatekeeper of appropriateness on a given subject. The world should comport itself to your moral judgement. Get over your ego and just don't engage with it if you don't like it.

@raz-0:

FYI - I am not whining.  I am just expressing my opinion, just like every other person who posts on NJGF, especially on these sort of thread topics.

I guess you don't read newspapers or watch much television, because in the past month there has been an incessant level of coverage, stories, etc on Kobe Bryant.  I have not chosen to "engage" in this onslaught of media hype on Bryant's passing, yet have found it to hard to avoid in the main stream media sources I choose to read, listen to and watch, and therefore find it to be quite exasperating.  This has really nothing to do with any "moral judgement" and my comments are my opinion, based on my observations, on the state and direction of our current society, which I have been told by a number of others that they agree with me.

AVB-AMG

This all a big joke to me, not just the idolizing of the guy.. but the hysteria that followed. 

What pisses me off now, is that his wife is suing the dead helicopter pilots family. Like they really need to money... and as if it would serve to punish him for crashing the helo.

The Bryan family has a net worth of some 600 million dollars..

Apparently bankrupting the pilots family is really all they want to do...

This is why I dont idolize anyone, this family is clearly rich, and petty as fuk.

• Agree 3

5 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

This all a big joke to me, not just the idolizing of the guy.. but the hysteria that followed. 

What pisses me off now, is that his wife is suing the dead helicopter pilots family. Like they really need to money... and as if it would serve to punish him for crashing the helo.

The Bryan family has a net worth of some 600 million dollars..

Apparently bankrupting the pilots family is really all they want to do...

This is why I dont idolize anyone, this family is clearly rich, and petty as fuk.

Ya it’s pretty pathetic. I agree with you 

13 minutes ago, AVB-AMG said:

@raz-0:

FYI - I am not whining.  I am just expressing my opinion, just like every other person who posts on NJGF, especially on these sort of thread topics.

I guess you don't read newspapers or watch much television, because in the past month there has been an incessant level of coverage, stories, etc on Kobe Bryant.  I have not chosen to "engage" in this onslaught of media hype on Bryant's passing, yet have found it to hard to avoid in the main stream media sources I choose to read, listen to and watch, and therefore find it to be quite exasperating.  This has really nothing to do with any "moral judgement" and my comments are my opinion, based on my observations, on the state and direction of our current society, which I have been told by a number of others that they agree with me.

AVB-AMG

I read a lot of news. I just don't consume it as a traditional news program on TV, or ye olde news paper. since I control the type of content, the equivalent of the sports section and the gossip pages get pre-filtered to the landfill. 

You think some evil is being done because people are making a big deal over it. And you shouldn't be subjected to it. I think if this is a key part of your life, you might want to think about how you live your life, but hey your hobbies are your hobbies. It's no skin off my back, modern existence has provided the functional equivalent of an apartment with 4 foot thick sound proof walls. I don't have to hear the neighbors party, and absent nosie or parking problems, why would a give a shit about their party? 

I mean avoiding it was a simple as not clicking this thread. BOOM! slightly less Kobe. 

My unavoidable exposure to this stage of events was limited to the preview sentence of this thread on here, and a single image and half a sentence where youtube tried to inject it into the youtube app my kid was using in the living room. 

22 hours ago, AVB-AMG said:

This whole dragged on frenzied, out-of-control, glorification/adulation/idolization silliness has (hopefully), now reached its crazy denouement with the massive memorial for Kobe Bryant at the Staples Center today with approximately 20,000 attendees. Let's hope that this is the end of it....

I can't believe you're such a racist. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, raz-0 said:

I read a lot of news. I just don't consume it as a traditional news program on TV, or ye olde news paper. since I control the type of content, the equivalent of the sports section and the gossip pages get pre-filtered to the landfill. 

You think some evil is being done because people are making a big deal over it. And you shouldn't be subjected to it. I think if this is a key part of your life, you might want to think about how you live your life, but hey your hobbies are your hobbies. It's no skin off my back, modern existence has provided the functional equivalent of an apartment with 4 foot thick sound proof walls. I don't have to hear the neighbors party, and absent nosie or parking problems, why would a give a shit about their party? 

I mean avoiding it was a simple as not clicking this thread. BOOM! slightly less Kobe. 

My unavoidable exposure to this stage of events was limited to the preview sentence of this thread on here, and a single image and half a sentence where youtube tried to inject it into the youtube app my kid was using in the living room. 

Pretty much this. If you don’t like it, by God, don’t click on it, or change the channel. 

He really needs to re-evaluate himself.