The_Matrix

SHOT SHOW 2020 is over, what you getting?

30 minutes ago, Zeke said:

I’m researching that. I think that’s the perfect for my larue 

Is your larue a .308? Cause you can get a nice FFP 1-8 for under $1k with a minimum of patience and if 8x isn't going to do it for you with the ballistics of .223/5.56, I'm not sure 10x is going to bring anything to the table. And it comes with a heck of a price premium. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, raz-0 said:

Is your larue a .308? Cause you can get a nice FFP 1-8 for under $1k with a minimum of patience and if 8x isn't going to do it for you with the ballistics of .223/5.56, I'm not sure 10x is going to bring anything to the table. And it comes with a heck of a price premium. 

Ya, it’s nose bleed high. But it’s ninja level awesomeness.

I don’t need, but want hard and strong like.

3 hours ago, Lakota said:

yea because Sig has NEVER had a problem with one of their pistols before LOL

If there are issues then I will wait until they get them sorted.

Looks to me like it may be an inherent design problem with the materials chosen for the G44. 

Most .22 ammo is kind of garbage. You will at some point get an out of battery detonation of a round, and based on my experience the bigger and chunkier the bolt, the more it happens. The rim o the cartridge doesn't help. The G44 tries to contain it with a plastic slide. Which it seems to do. But at the cost of cracking the plastic slide. $359 is a bit steep for a disposable pistol IMO. 

16 minutes ago, raz-0 said:

Looks to me like it may be an inherent design problem with the materials chosen for the G44. 

Most .22 ammo is kind of garbage. You will at some point get an out of battery detonation of a round, and based on my experience the bigger and chunkier the bolt, the more it happens. The rim o the cartridge doesn't help. The G44 tries to contain it with a plastic slide. Which it seems to do. But at the cost of cracking the plastic slide. $359 is a bit steep for a disposable pistol IMO. 

Guess we'll see what happen as more info comes out.   I wont be making my gun purchase decisions by a single incident like this, but if it is determined to be a more wide spread problem like SIG had with the P365 and the P320 in the beginning (cough cough @Zeke you sig elitist snob) lol then i will hold off until they Glock comes up with a solution.

I know personally even before this news came out I had my reservations on the mostly polymer slide to begin with and had asked them @ shotshow if they had any intention of coming out with an all metal slide version, but of course they wouldn't commit.

As a side node about ShotShow ... When I talked to HK I asked asked if they planned on releasing the optics ready slide separately for the VP9 for folks like myself that already own one, do not want to buy a new pistol and are reluctant to take their existing slide and have it milled.  They of course couldn't commit to a yes/no nor a date but they did say that idea is already being kicked around internally with a leaning towards that they would be doing just that at some point.

1 hour ago, Lakota said:

As a side node about ShotShow ... When I talked to HK I asked asked if they planned on releasing the optics ready slide separately for the VP9 for folks like myself that already own one, do not want to buy a new pistol and are reluctant to take their existing slide and have it milled.  They of course couldn't commit to a yes/no nor a date but they did say that idea is already being kicked around internally with a leaning towards that they would be doing just that at some point.

It's. H&K. So the answer will be screw you. They either won't do it, or it will cost as much as buying a whole gun. 

Kind of want to get one of those “new” Ruger Mini-14 folding stocks and a stainless rifle.

Other than that, might get into the 5.7mm racket. I like the Ruger for the price point, but CMMG’s 5.7mm Conversion really is nice. 40 round magazine, standard AR lower, and 8” barrel should be close to the ballistics out of a P90. Want to see what the new 5.7mm loads before I even attempt to move away from my 11.5” 5.56mm pistol 

Python... maybe eventually. I rather find an older Cobra with hammer shield to get a Jack Ruby gun into the collection (along with both of Oswald’s).