Lateapex

Shadow 2 or Beretta Elite 92 LTT

I'm looking to purchase a CZ Shadow 2 or Beretta 92 Elite LTT.  I only have experience using friends CZ SP-01 with the CGW performance kit installed.  I can't find any place that rents them, so I am looking for advice from anyone that may own or have shot both?

This will be mainly a range gun.  I have held both and like the feel of them somewhat equally. 

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks. 

More range gun, thought it would be good if it could cover dual purpose.  I hear nothing but great things about both with everyone praising the CZ for low recoil and precision, but for some reason, I am drawn to the looks of the Beretta.  I just don't know how far off the recoil and precision are with the Beretta.

Also, while I don't currently compete, I may consider IDPA and I don't think you can use the Shadow.

Thanks

29 minutes ago, Lateapex said:

I believe it's a weight issue.  I think IDPA allows up to 43oz with the Shadow 2 coming in at 46.5oz.

OK, you're right. Just looked it up. Been a long time since I perused the rules. Oh well.

Spoke to Ernest Langdon himself at SHOT Show in the Beretta booth.  He explained why he designed the 92 LTT the way he did.  He used the M9A3/Vertec slide, with the M9A1 Frame.  Trigger job is nice and crisp - and he prefers the full grip style, vs the Vertec grip, as there's more surface area for gripping the gun, compared to the M9A3/Vertec style.  My only wish is that he included the M9A3 style decocker - it's angled slightly upwards so it will not accidentally get pushed down and decock while racking.

If I were to get another Beretta, I'd go for the 92 Elite LTT, as I already have a M9A3.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lateapex said:

Krdshrk or High Exposure,  Have you been able to compare a CZ to the Beretta? I know the CZ is a tack driver but how close is the LTT by comparison?

High Exposure, How did you like the PX4 compact?.  That is another one this is on my short list.

I have stock m9a1 m9a3 and px4c for comparison. 

The px4c is right next to them in performance. It's a comfortable and accurate 9MM. They all have room to grow.

My next will be an 92x.. just waiting to see how well reliable they are. 

On 1/31/2020 at 12:16 PM, Krdshrk said:

Spoke to Ernest Langdon himself at SHOT Show in the Beretta booth. 

On 1/31/2020 at 12:40 PM, High Exposure said:

I got to shoot 3 of Ernest’s personal guns (a 92, a PX4 compact, and a PX4 full-size) at a “Friends of Pat Rogers” event.

Fancy people on this forum.  

On 1/31/2020 at 3:45 PM, Lateapex said:

Krdshrk or High Exposure,  Have you been able to compare a CZ to the Beretta? I know the CZ is a tack driver but how close is the LTT by comparison?

High Exposure, How did you like the PX4 compact?.  That is another one this is on my short list.

Shot stock CZ's - they're good.  Shot stock Beretta's - they're good too.  Comes down to personal preference.  A friend of mine has a very custom CZ .40 - it's like butter.... shoots amazing... but it's like a $3k custom gun.  That being said - he was very impressed with my M9A3 out of the box - shoots it extremely well.

On 2/4/2020 at 1:28 PM, Lateapex said:

Had a chance to shoot the Px4 over the weekend and was relly impressed.  However, I held a CZ Rami and now I want one!!!

This isn’t like highlander.... there will always be more than one. Make sure you get a big safe

On 1/30/2020 at 2:02 PM, Lateapex said:

I'm looking to purchase a CZ Shadow 2 or Beretta 92 Elite LTT.  I only have experience using friends CZ SP-01 with the CGW performance kit installed.  I can't find any place that rents them, so I am looking for advice from anyone that may own or have shot both?

This will be mainly a range gun.  I have held both and like the feel of them somewhat equally. 

Thanks. 

Go to Bullseye Tactical and maybe even SC arms. I'm pretty sure Chris at Bullsye will have a Shadow 2 there for you to finger ****.

On 1/30/2020 at 2:02 PM, Lateapex said:

Thanks. 

Go to Bullseye Tactical and maybe even SC arms. I'm pretty sure Chris at Bullsye will have a Shadow 2 there for you to finger ****.

9 hours ago, High Exposure said:

It’s showing a price of $846 and it won’t ship to NJ.

Yes the mags are the issue. The Shadow series does not have a 10-round option from the factory.

However I know FFLs in NJ can order firearms that come with more than 10-round mags. A FFL can swap out larger mags for 10 round versions to go with a firearm they sell.

The OP could have his FFL order one and do that. At their price of course.

12 hours ago, 45Doll said:

Yes the mags are the issue. The Shadow series does not have a 10-round option from the factory.

However I know FFLs in NJ can order firearms that come with more than 10-round mags. A FFL can swap out larger mags for 10 round versions to go with a firearm they sell.

The OP could have his FFL order one and do that. At their price of course.

I'm going to be ordering my Shadow 2 from a shop in PA.  they will substitute 10rd magazines.  Price is better than anything I have found in NJ, that includes the cost for shipping, and FFL.

• Like 2

On 2/8/2020 at 6:31 PM, Krdshrk said:

For that price I'd order another one, but I guess the sale is over since I'm seeing a higher price.

At $699 it's one of the best buys out there if you like the Beretta platform.