10X

The strange tale of Lori Vallow, the missing kids, and dead relatives

Anyone following this train wreck?  It's been on my radar for months, as I grew up out that way, and I know there are fringe types there with some really odd ideas...

It's only peripherally a prepper story, as Lori's 4th or 5th husband writes religious doomsday novels, and she is now of the opinion that she is a God, waiting to lead the chosen off the planet in June.   Her kids have been missing for months, and after lying to police about their whereabouts, she and new husband disappeared last year, only recently turning up at a resort in Hawaii but refusing to talk about the missing kids.  Along the way, her ex husband was shot by her brother, who then died, and new husband's ex wife died under mysterious circumstances just before he married Lori.   Autopsies pending, and Lori has just a few hours left to comply with a court order show up in Rexburg, Idaho with her kids.    But by all accounts, she hasn't left the resort.  If you Google her name, you'll find a hundred stories, but the one below summarizes pretty well.

The strange tale of Lori Vallow, the missing kids, and all of the dead relatives

Damn, that IS strange! Sounds like a folie a deux (shared delusional disorder) - the way she's buying into his weird end-of-days crap... maybe with a few other psych disorders tossed into the mix. I'm afraid those 2 kids were probably killed awhile ago. Tragic.

• Like 1

She was arrested in Hawaii yesterday.  Still no sign of the missing kids, but last year she put a lot of their toys in a storage locker and tried to sell the youngest (autistic) child's service dog.  The two felony charges against her are abandonment, and failing to provide for a dependent child, but her bail was set at $5MM, which tells me they aren't done filing charges yet  The various autopsy results still haven't been made public.

Dateline NBC ran a two hour episode on 2/14 (it's available on demand through their website) describing what they described as 'perhaps the strangest case they've ever covered'  In addition to the three dead ex-spouses of the couple, and the dead brother, her niece also abandoned her four kids to move to Rexburg and join the cult, and the niece's husband was shot at, by an assailant believed to be Lori's brother. 

Too many good links to sort through, just Google Lori Vallow to find the latest.

1 hour ago, 10X said:

She was arrested in Hawaii yesterday.  Still no sign of the missing kids, but last year she put a lot of their toys in a storage locker and tried to sell the youngest (autistic) child's service dog.  The two felony charges against her are abandonment, and failing to provide for a dependent child, but her bail was set at $5MM, which tells me they aren't done filing charges yet  The various autopsy results still haven't been made public.

Dateline NBC ran a two hour episode on 2/14 (it's available on demand through their website) describing what they described as 'perhaps the strangest case they've ever covered'  In addition to the three dead ex-spouses of the couple, and the dead brother, her niece also abandoned her four kids to move to Rexburg and join the cult, and the niece's husband was shot at, by an assailant believed to be Lori's brother. 

Too many good links to sort through, just Google Lori Vallow to find the latest.

I read this.  It’s interesting it’s National news

16 minutes ago, Zeke said:

I read this.  It’s interesting it’s National news

Yeah, pick any two or three elements of the story and it wouldn't gain much traction, but wrap up 4 dead, 2 missing in a doomsday cult conspiracy centered on a woman who claims to be a God and has somehow avoided arrest for half a year (right up until yesterday), and it becomes juicy enough to attract media attention.

Lori Vallow, 46, was living in Hawaii with her fourth husband, Charles, Tylee, and J.J. 

OK. SO Lori was married to Charles. Charles was her 4th husband (this is what we might refer to as a "clue" to anyone considering a long term relationship with Lori much less marriage). 

On July 11, 2019, he showed up at Lori’s home to see J.J. and was shot to death by her brother, Alex Cox, who told police it was self-defense. By his account, Charles got into an argument with Lori, became physical and then came at him with a baseball bat.

“We knew immediately that was wrong,” Charles’ sister Kay Woodcock, who is also J.J,’s grandmother, said at a press conference earlier this month. “It was a setup.”

I'm trying to draw the flow chart here. 

So If Charles was the parent of JJ, and  Kay was Charles' sister, Kay should be JJ's aunt. But she's his grandmother. So she's both his sister and his mom? Or if JJ wasn't Charles' kid Lori married her Charles' uncle at some point? 

WTF? This thing doesn't have twists it has frikin loop the loops. 

• Haha 1

The bodies of two children were discovered buried on Chad Daybell's property yesterday.  Chad is now in custody on a charge of concealing evidence, Lori remains in custody for child desertion and contempt of court.  I'm not a lawyer, but I'm pretty sure new charges will be coming soon.  

For those keeping score, Chad was Lori's 5th husband, the kinda-leader of the Mormon splinter sect Lori was following.  Chad's wife died mysteriously 14 days before Chad married Lori last year.  An interesting tidbit was that Lori bought the wedding rings she and Chad now wear 17 days before Chad's wife died.  Lori bought them using a credit card belonging to her 4th husband, who had recently been shot and killed by her brother, who died not long after.