Jump to content
Mr.Forks

New member from Keyport

Recommended Posts

Hey everyone, new member from Keyport NJ here. 
Just recently applied for FID/P2P, Got tired of getting mocked at the range and having to shoot my my friends brought (Though not having a gun to clean after a day at the range was nice)
I've been browsing the forums for a little while, looks like there is plenty of good info and helpful people here.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mr.Forks said:

Hey everyone, new member from Keyport NJ here. 
Just recently applied for FID/P2P, Got tired of getting mocked at the range and having to shoot my my friends brought (Though not having a gun to clean after a day at the range was nice)
I've been browsing the forums for a little while, looks like there is plenty of good info and helpful people here.

 

Welcome. Your friends are too nice, when I take a noob out shooting that includes them cleaning my guns afterward (under my supervision) it's a good way to teach proper firearm maintenance 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zeke said:

Porkroll or Taylor ham?

Porkroll
Taylor is the brand
lol
 

 

1 hour ago, fishnut said:

Welcome. Your friends are too nice, when I take a noob out shooting that includes them cleaning my guns afterward (under my supervision) it's a good way to teach proper firearm maintenance 

I've offered, but they decline- To be fair to them I usually bring the ammo, or at least more then I intend to shoot.


Thanks for the welcome everyone!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, fishnut said:

You have passed the test your an official member now 

Not so fast...

Mr. Forks....do you bbq ribs on a smoker the proper way, or make them in a crock pot like a heathen? 
 

Your survival on this forum depends on the correct answer. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

Not so fast...

Mr. Forks....do you bbq ribs on a smoker the proper way, or make them in a crock pot like a heathen? 
 

Your survival on this forum depends on the correct answer. 

3-2-1 method?
Built my own 55 gallon drum smoker. 
Bought a Rec-Tec Bull Pellet smoker last may- its so good I gave the drum to a buddy.

I don't do ribs very often, my wife is not a fan and if I am smoking I am filling it all the way up
Mostly pork shoulder/Butt, Brisket, and Jerky.  Plenty of experimenting though.

5 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

 

Smoker or pressure cooker are the acceptable answers!:)

That's either a trick answer or you don't have a smoker,  :p
 I will confess that I only do baby backs ribs in the oven, but that is because I only make giant mc-rib style sandwich and its much harder to do that outside. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mr.Forks said:

3-2-1 method?
Built my own 55 gallon drum smoker. 
Bought a Rec-Tec Bull Pellet smoker last may- its so good I gave the drum to a buddy.

I don't do ribs very often, my wife is not a fan and if I am smoking I am filling it all the way up
Mostly pork shoulder/Butt, Brisket, and Jerky.  Plenty of experimenting though.

That's either a trick answer or you don't have a smoker,  :p
 I will confess that I only do baby backs ribs in the oven, but that is because I only make giant mc-rib style sandwich and its much harder to do that outside. 

Ok, you can stay. 

36 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Looks better then @Displaced Texan gruel

You certainly devoured my brisket, chili, and ribs...I didn’t hear you bitching...only asking for more...

 

Shall I bring up how much you love to eat my sausage?!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Displaced Texan said:

Ok, you can stay. 

You certainly devoured my brisket, chili, and ribs...I didn’t hear you bitching...only asking for more...

I dunno bro. This guy might be your match!

We all had hoped @Bighungry618 would bring something to the table

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Zeke said:

I dunno bro. This guy might be your match!

We all had hoped @Bighungry618 would bring something to the table

Patience oh ye of little faith and vertical stature.  I've got new combo techniques to perfect before dropping culinary bombs on the NJGF masses.

 

13 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

He might be!! He might be my new bestest friend!! :D

 

I might have a slight man crush.  

You know that hurts my feelings right?

I wanted to like this new guy but now you've ruined it Jeff.  

 

Welcome @Mr.Forks.  

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Mr.Forks said:

Beans or no beans?

Oh dear God.....I’m a Texan. No beans belong in chili. 
 

However, that’s a discussion for another time. Some of these Damn Yankee heathens insist on beans....

5 minutes ago, Bighungry618 said:

Patience oh ye of little faith and vertical stature.  I've got new combo techniques to perfect before dropping culinary bombs on the NJGF masses.

 

You know that hurts my feelings right?

I wanted to like this new guy but now you've ruined it Jeff.  

 

Welcome @Mr.Forks.  

Love ya, BH, but damn if you don’t talk a good cooking game, but none of us ever tasted your bbq! 
 

Even so, still love ya, brother! 
 

Oh, and for the record, Zeke LOVES to eat my meat. Especially my sausage. 

  • Haha 1
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Mr.Forks said:

Don't know how often you guys bbq, but count me in.
From charcoal to propane to smoked I'm a fan
 

20190601_175113_HDR.jpg

20190713_194433.jpg

20191207_203120.jpg

I think you and I are gonna get along just fine!! 
 

@Zeke s ‘meatloaf’ is an unnatural abomination...as are his ‘crock pot ribs’. 
 

Run far, far away....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Displaced Texan said:

I think you and I are gonna get along just fine!! 
 

@Zeke s ‘meatloaf’ is an unnatural abomination...as are his ‘crock pot ribs’. 
 

Run far, far away....

Even @Scorpio64 has said “ your meatloaf is damn good “

true story 

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...