Rob0115

What’s the best range near Rumson, NJ?

I just finished my new home on Amelia Island, FL in July and my wife informed me she’s tired of her NE time being in Manhattan, she just ain’t a city girl.  I also think my adult children who live in Manhattan manipulated her into building a getaway for them on summer weekends.  So the time I spend up here will be ferry commuting from Highlands, NJ (luckily it’s part time and I’ll save 4% in city tax). So I’m renting out my condo on the UWS and hoping my house will be done by 3-31.  I plan on repatriating some NJ legal stuff (a few 1911, wheel guns and a bolt action or two) so I’d like to find a place to use them.  

1 hour ago, Rob0115 said:

I just finished my new home on Amelia Island, FL in July and my wife informed me she’s tired of her NE time being in Manhattan, she just ain’t a city girl.  I also think my adult children who live in Manhattan manipulated her into building a getaway for them on summer weekends.  So the time I spend up here will be ferry commuting from Highlands, NJ (luckily it’s part time and I’ll save 4% in city tax). So I’m renting out my condo on the UWS and hoping my house will be done by 3-31.  I plan on repatriating some NJ legal stuff (a few 1911, wheel guns and a bolt action or two) so I’d like to find a place to use them.  

Hey Bud, I think I can help!  If you can be satisfied just shooting pistol, rifle & scattergun leagues, for just $20 per "ride" (per league visit) you can shoot at Old Bridge w/o paying ANY dues & be under ZERO obligation for work hours...I'm a discipline chair (ride operator, lol).

If you want to come & go as you please on your own schedule, including at ZERO DARK THIRTY for indoor hand gun calibers, then joining a private club (Old Bridge or Central Jersey) is whatcha wanna do.  CJ has a $600 initiation fee and Old Bridge is just half that ($300).

Commercial ranges at Lakewood (Garden State Shooting Center) & Brick (Sure Shot)  allow walk-ins, but then you may need someone to buddy with you (since you're male) depending on range rules since suicides have happened at commercial ranges.  So check policies PRIOR to just showing-up without a NJFPID card!

I'm at your service, so if you wanna chat to bounce questions & ideas off me, just shoot me a PM so we can exchange phone numbers.

Rosey

• Like 1

Hey Rosie thanks for the news.  I’d probably wanna join so I could come and go as needed. Believe it or not I have my old FPID so would only need to do a change of address!   

13 hours ago, Rob0115 said:

Hey Rosie thanks for the news.  I’d probably wanna join so I could come and go as needed. Believe it or not I have my old FPID so would only need to do a change of address!   

8:45 am SHARP on 2nd Sunday of every month is the "Sign-Up & Safety Check" held at the club's indoor range at 95 Maple Street in Old Bridge, NJ  08857.  Bring a checkbook or $342 CASH (6 months dues & 1/2 of your $300 initiation fee), a pistol .45 ACP or smaller (NO magnum ammo---but .38's in a .357 frame are FINE), your NRA card, and a smile.

The membership committee gives you a membership packet containing your Observation & Participation Form (for Probies), our bylaws, tells you what the rules are for both indoor & outdoor ranges, and teaches you how to throw switches to control HVAC & lights.  Then you go inside the indoor range & prove competency (don't hit walls, floor or ceiling, lol), then out to the outdoor range for an intro into what you're expected to do there.

It's fun & easy.  They just want you to be SAFE!

Rosey