Golf battery

Ammo increase in price

48 minutes ago, Greenday said:

Midway had some .45 ACP Blazer Brass for 36cpr earlier this week. That went fast.

My LGS has American Eagle TMJ for 26cpr but will only sell you two boxes at a time max.

During the 2013 panic, a LGS had 9mm for $13/box for 1-2 boxes. All purchases beyond 2 boxes  were sold at $25/box.

I really liked that business model.

• Like 1

On 7/21/2020 at 2:27 PM, JackDaWack said:

That's what shovels were made for.... can't take what ya cant find.

I have since donated all my 80%'s to out of state friends, never got a chance to mill one out, my friend in PA has a milling machine. Either way, I never found 80% lowers that cheap. Do you recall who sold 6 for 150? I recall deals of like $600 for 6 including the jig. I bought a 3 pack from the cheapest place I could find and it was like $240, this was right around 2016 too. I bought 3 aero precision lowers for the same price. Which is astronomically cheaper considering them time still needed to finish the. 

If it's time to bury them, then it is time to use them.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

15 hours ago, Squaregrouper said:

I can't remember the company- it was one of the dozens of websites with "80% lower",  "80 percent lowers" "Best 80% lowers", etc.

I DO have the specifics of when we found Polymer80 G19/G23/G32 for $75 shipped. (Mods please let me know if linking another gun forum is not cool) https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=228882&highlight=polymer+sale

I remember that deal. Even at 75 bucks, they end up costing the same as buying a complete glock. Those 80's are 100000x easier to put together tho.

17 hours ago, Squaregrouper said:

In our current availability and price situation, this is a pretty damn good deal. Sign up for the Buyer's Club 30 day free trial to get a reduced price and free shipping.

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/winchester-nato-9mm-luger-124-grain-fmj-1000-rounds-with-ammo-can?a=2183341

The wolf is much cheaper

All of this reloading talk has forced me to order more bullets. I place an order this weekend with Missouri Bullet Company for 5000 coated bullets (or boolits) in 45 and 9mm. At least lead is still available and cheap. I found that while I like to cast it is very time consuming to make bulk bullets. I was pleasantly surprised at the availability/price.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JC_68Westy said:

All of this reloading talk has forced me to order more bullets. I place an order this weekend with Missouri Bullet Company for 5000 coated bullets (or boolits) in 45 and 9mm. At least lead is still available and cheap. I found that while I like to cast it is very time consuming to make bulk bullets. I was pleasantly surprised at the availability/price.

Agree- 90% of my casting hoarding hardware - is for when boolits are NOT readily available.

I have a great access to wheel weight takeoffs, on top of the probably 200lbs+ of ingots I have now - the nice part about them - at least for the older guns - is that the softer allow is easier on the barrels and as you know - as long as you are not trying to push them too much - leading is not an issue.

The lead is just stacked in buckets in the garage out of the way till needed.  One 5lb ingot can get you about (236) 148gr heads....+/-

However, even that - with the proper gas check etc, you can load them to FMJ characteristics.

If they want to ban guns - go after the ammo.  If you cannot feed a gun, people need to figure a way too "just in case"

I read that for most guns purchased in the past a mold would come with it - dunno if true.

9 minutes ago, Sota said:

amazon has delayed my reloading press 3 times now.

fuckers.

Because under orders from George Soros, Jeff Bezos' minions are still sabotaging it.

They DO NOT want you to be able to make reliable ammo because they know who the targets will be as things continue to go to shit in the USA.

Just FYI - if you are concerned about shotgun ammo availability and are a clay shooter Brownells still has 12 Gauge 1 oz #7.5 and #8 in stock for .25 / round, and will ship to NJ no problem. Received 2 cases this afternoon. 

https://www.brownells.com/ammunition/shotgun-ammo/first-class-target-load-12-gauge-2-3-4-ammo-prod123506.aspx

• Like 2

As something to consider, I just picked up a case of 9mm from my FFL for $250.  It's a bit higher than I usually pay but given the availability it was a bargain.  That same case on his shelf would go for $400.  Yes, 9mm is going for $20 a box on the shelf when there is any available.  I keep saying it and it's true - build a relationship with your local FFL.  He sold me a case at the same time he's limiting retail sales to 2 boxes.

I think his cost was $230 - he made a whopping $20 off me.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mustang69 said:

As something to consider, I just picked up a case of 9mm from my FFL for $250.  It's a bit higher than I usually pay but given the availability it was a bargain.  That same case on his shelf would go for $400.  Yes, 9mm is going for $20 a box on the shelf when there is any available.  I keep saying it and it's true - build a relationship with your local FFL.  He sold me a case at the same time he's limiting retail sales to 2 boxes.

I think his cost was $230 - he made a whopping $20 off me.  

This is NJ man, the only FFLs around me are mom and pop shops thst don't stack ammo, or they are establishments that want pandemic prices on a normal day.

Just now, JackDaWack said:

This is NJ man, the only FFLs around me are mom and pop shops thst don't stack ammo, or they are establishments that want pandemic prices on a normal day.

Sorry to hear that.  I did the same thing when I was in NJ.  My FFL would call me with stuff like this.  If a shipment came in he'd pick up the phone.  That FFL is regularly bashed on this forum for his prices - I never had that issue, and it's not that I'm such a nice guy... :)

17 minutes ago, Sota said:

he want to buy any more?  I might be willing to part with some at that price.

Yeah, no shit. I am sitting on a solid 5yr supply of .223 and 5.56. I would happily sell green tips for $500/1000 and Wolf Gold for $450/1000.

I have (by Marylandistan standards) a metric shit ton of 9mm, but I shoot a solid 500rds each month. Hell, at a bad day at my club's "Outlaw Steel Challenge", I will go through 250rds in a few hours.

7 hours ago, JC_68Westy said:

Ive been looking into these coated boolits too... seems this place has good prices too; price includes shipping.

https://www.ibejiheads.com/index.php?cPath=1

But im just getting prepared to start reloading, and a little confused on what to get! There's beveled bottom, flat bottom, and the real stickler, grooved or not grooved? when and what do i look for!??

15 minutes ago, JC_68Westy said:

For coated I get non-grooved. Beveled bases are easier to load.

Got it, thanks for the info..  My thoughts were beveled base, round nose, no groove for reloading my semiauto handgun rounds..  Sounds like i was on the right track..

Been using ibejiheads for years, only 'complaint' is the lack of .44, think last time I got those from bayou bullets.

One  ibejiheads oddity is that ordering 2x 500 is cheaper then 1x 1000.

Jacketed I usually get from Xtreme bullets, I just wait for a sale / free shipping combo and order bulk.  Deals were much better prior to new ownership, but quality remains.

This Covid has messed things up a bit, my local reloading supplier went mail order only a couple of years ago, but had one day a week for local pickup with a 5% discount for pickup.  Worked out great for powder and primers where the hazardous shipping + regular shipping makes everything unaffordable.

Just glad I majorly stocked up last November when prices were good and rebates plentiful.

Gotta stop by the LGS/range to see if the have any 9's and what the going rate is.  Don't need em, just curious because they sent an email saying they had some stock.  In the recent past it's been OOS or limit of 1 box only with range time or firearm purchase.  They do not gouge ( so far ), gotten UMC range ammo for 8.50 on sale there, but find it kinda weak,   Typical prices are store prices, not NJ range prices.

• Informative 1

On 7/23/2020 at 1:56 PM, njJoniGuy said:

Because under orders from George Soros, Jeff Bezos' minions are still sabotaging it.

They DO NOT want you to be able to make reliable ammo because they know who the targets will be as things continue to go to shit in the USA.

I've ordered tons of reloading stuff off Amazon and have had no issues.

4 hours ago, njJoniGuy said:

Could that be because you are on Oligarch Bezos' 'nice list' while the rest of us are on his 'naughty list'?

That's true. I hit up him on speed dial and told him to approve my stuff.

Went to the LGS/range, no 9's in sight, pretty much all the ammo and gun shelves were bare.  Range was dead as well, guess the lack of ammo and high prices are keeping people away.  They did have a nice looking Trump Thompson .45 that they just got in, but at $2400 guess it will hang around for a while. Not worth the $1000+ premium for the engraving, at least to me that is.

Asked what 9's have been going for when they do get them in and they said 17-18 a box.

Really can't stand that the place I regularly go to, the outdoor sheriffs range, has been closed to the public over 4 months now.

Another DOT on the radar stating ammo to get even tougher to find, and might not improve for years. Last warning to stock up!

....."Jacobs tells ABC11 that his friends in the ammunition industry cite the shortage of primer as being a major factor. The primer is the chemical or device that is responsible for making the bullet combust, according to Jacobs. This key ingredient is manufactured in Italy, a country devastated by COVID-19 in recent months.

"That created this huge backlog in the need for primers," Jacobs said.

As a result, many shops are needing to raise ammo prices. Jim's Gun Jobbery has had to raise theirs by 100 percent.

In addition, companies are having to prioritize who gets new shipments of ammo, creating longer wait lists for businesses.

"There are certain manufactures that are only distributing to military and law enforcement. As far as the civilian market is concerned, that is only going to push the availability back," Jacobs said.

According to Jacobs, he's hearing through the grapevine that this ammo shortage may last several years. He encourages gun owners to become more frugal with their ammo."

https://abc11.com/society/gun-sales-continue-to-skyrocket-in-nc-amid-ammo-shortage/6360531/

• Informative 1

On 8/8/2020 at 1:58 PM, always_an_eagle said:

I was at Cheyenne Mountain Outfitters yesterday since I was in the area. They were all out of small pistol primers and 9mm, but had 223, 40 S&W and 38 special which I picked up a few boxes of each.

Glad I scored a great deal on SP primers last year.  Primers were on sale for 26, local reloading supplier gives a 5% discount if you pick up, they offer 1 day a week for a few hours for local pickup. other then that its mail order only. Plus Winchester had a 25% on primers rebate for another -50.  Should have gone for 16 boxes for the rebate max of 100, but I always worry about rebates.

So 8 boxes of 1000 for $150.

Last I checked they showing for 35  but were out of stock, CCI was the same but at 40.

What a difference an election year + Covid + peaceful protests makes.

Winchester - WSP Small Pistol Primers Winchester_WSP_Primers-1000     $26.00     8     $208.00
Subtotal     $208.00
Discount (EGFD619)     -$20.28
Tax     $13.16
Estimated Total     $200.88