Golf battery

Ammo increase in price

1 hour ago, USRifle30Cal said:

I have thousands of shottie primers i am NEVER GOING to use....who needs some and wants to trade..

I am in a very similar boat. I have about 19K 209 primers and don't need anything close to that amount.  I am going to load 500 slugs.  I mostly load 10 gauge turkey and deer loads.

Based on various articles and forum griping, I do believe all existing stock of popular calibers is GONE and we now in the phase where you are catching what you can as production capacity delivery what it can. 

Per usual Primers are becoming the pain point as they are the least automated element of a cartridge. 

I have enough for now, just wondering what you guys are paying and where your buying from.  friend wanted to buy some he found a place that had Federal for $75 case shipped, I remember paying I think $60 from Dicks a while back when they were still 2A friendly and sold ammo. So I'm thinking $75 not that bad with all that's going on?

13 minutes ago, Bklynracer said:

I have enough for now, just wondering what you guys are paying and where your buying from.  friend wanted to buy some he found a place that had Federal for $75 case shipped, I remember paying I think $60 from Dicks a while back when they were still 2A friendly and sold ammo. So I'm thinking $75 not that bad with all that's going on?

$75 a case is a good price. I was paying $70+ shipping or $75 in person prior to this shit show.

On 8/15/2020 at 3:15 PM, Bklynracer said:

If anyone is interested this is the info I got. .28 rd / $70 shipped

https://www.rogerssportinggoods.com/federal-top-gun-target-loads-12ga-2-3-4-1oz-1250fps

For anyone that is a member of the North Jersey Clay Target club in Fairfield, Geiser Guns hasn't raised their prices, and they deliver shells whenever they send a truckload of clay targets to the club.  I just ordered a bunch of these Top Gun loads at $52.95/flat, delivered.

Today is the last day to place an order for their Aug 30 delivery, but they will require a name and matching member number to accept the order.

4 hours ago, Grapeshot said:

On the plus side, for those of us who stocked up after the last shortage, the ranges are pretty empty! Went to EFG last week and had the handgun range all to myself. 

I'm going to cjrpc with the boys next weekend.  if anyone wants to go......

On 8/15/2020 at 5:43 PM, JC_68Westy said:

I was just at my local Walmart and they had target loads for 20ga and 12ga at 5.85 per box (58.50/case).

Went to Solomon's today, waiting for Gene to open up shop, making small talk with some dudes on line.  They are interstate truck drivers, said they can get shotgun target and small game/bird hunting loads just about anywhere, reasonable prices, no problem.  Same for common cartridges like 7mm-08, 30-30, 270, 300 Win Mag and the likes, all on the shelves, plentiful, prices not horrific.

00 buck, 5.56, 7.62, 22lr, 9mm fuggedaboudit.  Hen's teeth.

The panic buying dynamics are very different this time around.  With exception of 22lr, Folks are not hoard-piling recreational or hunting ammo.

Went today to Hackettstown to buy some .308. Nice place, friendlily staff...so they told me, that the situation with weapons gradually improves, but the situation with ammo is getting worse. I see myself dipping into the reloading game in near future. 

I went to the website of Georgia Arms and the website states that production is shut down due to a nationwide primer shortage. I noticed that a few weeks ago in my area that the only thing that is out of stock everywhere was primers. It seems like there are none anywhere...

18 minutes ago, JC_68Westy said:

I went to the website of Georgia Arms and the website states that production is shut down due to a nationwide primer shortage. I noticed that a few weeks ago in my area that the only thing that is out of stock everywhere was primers. It seems like there are none anywhere...

Yup. Primers are the most labor intensive and hazardous component. They almost always run out first. 

4 minutes ago, raz-0 said:

Yup. Primers are the most labor intensive and hazardous component. They almost always run out first. 

I am stocked really deep, but I like to replenish and never go below 10K per primer type.

• Like 1

Why do people prioritize green tip m855?

Prices are retarded for the use of the round. 

It's my understanding the NATO round was designed to minimize the cavity damage produce when a person is shot... one of the Geneva humanitarian or wtv restrictions, and maintaining  bullet integrity when pushed through building materials

I see zero benefit this round has other than over penetration, which can be a negative. 

It's actually interesting that a standard 55gr bullet at top velocities actually has more punch through when it comes to things like ar500 Hard armor. It has better fragmentation when hitting soft tissue. 

Do people just think "penetrator"  or "steel tip" and thinks its some kind of AP round? 

Ammo prices are nearing 90c a round and even surpassed $1 for IMI green tip (gasp)

Desperation is definitely setting in for some. Prices are going to be absolutely insane in October. 

And lets reflect on this stupidity, Its more economically efficient for me to shoot my Ar10 today than my AR-15, where the cartridges literally cost the same in the market today. M80 Vs m193/855

2 hours ago, silverado427 said:

Fed 223 55 gr  is going for  $ .60 to .66  a round.

9mm is going for $500 to $700. 1K

Gunbroker prices.

Crazy times.

I want to shoot another 3gun match so I'm picking up a 500 round box of .223 ball ammo for $300!!!

I reload, but I my daughter uses the .223 when we do long range shooting, so I don't want to exhaust my supply of handloads.

Same place had 9mm ball ammo for $30 for a box of 50 with a 4 box limit.

I recently got back from Ocracoke NC. Shelves at a rural Walmart (near Rocky Mount NC) were fully stocked. They had 10+ pump guns in the case and plenty of "non scary" ammo. Here in the Baltimore/DC metro area, everything is cleaned out.

I'm pretty sure I mentioned in this thread that 6-8 months ago, I never would have fathomed the need to reload 9mm and .223, as I could buy cases for $10-$20 more than rolling my own.  Now I can't even find Lee dies in 9mm Luger.

2 hours ago, Squaregrouper said:

I recently got back from Ocracoke NC. Shelves at a rural Walmart (near Rocky Mount NC) were fully stocked. They had 10+ pump guns in the case and plenty of "non scary" ammo. Here in the Baltimore/DC metro area, everything is cleaned out.

I'm pretty sure I mentioned in this thread that 6-8 months ago, I never would have fathomed the need to reload 9mm and .223, as I could buy cases for $10-$20 more than rolling my own.  Now I can't even find Lee dies in 9mm Luger.

I gotta look...i think there's a spare set floating around if you need...will advise