Golf battery

Ammo increase in price

2 hours ago, Squaregrouper said:

The M193 was designed to cause a lot of damage to soft tissue.

M193 was designed to primarily maim.  It was believed that maiming  was more of a burden to the enemy than killing them where they'd just leave the dead on the battlefield. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

M195 was designed to primarily maim.  It was believed that maiming  was more of a burden to the enemy than killing them where they'd just leave the dead on the battlefield. 

I assume you mean m193. M195 is the grenade launching blank. But please, I've seen this stated so many times, but show me the documentation. 

M193 is what it is because yawing and fragmentation are your only choices for lethality with a small fast round that don't involve hollow points or bonded core bullets. 

We got m855 because barrier penetration became a need. 

Then, because bonded core is a readily msnufacturable thing now and because m855 ice pick wounds are bad at stopping people rapidly, we got the two m855 replacements. The mk318 sost and whatever the other one was.

Now we have m855a1 which is basically is a fragmenting penetrator.

1 hour ago, Squaregrouper said:

The projectiles serve different purposes. The M855 was designed to penetrate a UN blue helmet (my spin) at 600 meters. The M193 was designed to cause a lot of damage to soft tissue.

Thats funny, 600 meters with one  of the least accurate rounds made lol

1 hour ago, USRifle30Cal said:

I gotta look...i think there's a spare set floating around if you need...will advise

Much obliged. My wife has lots of family in the Bordentown area, and I have plenty of supplies to barter when I'm next in NJ. I won't ship any Hazmat stuff, but am sitting on quite a bit of stuff (low on SPP)

• Like 1

On 8/18/2020 at 10:06 AM, 10X said:

For anyone that is a member of the North Jersey Clay Target club in Fairfield, Geiser Guns hasn't raised their prices, and they deliver shells whenever they send a truckload of clay targets to the club.  I just ordered a bunch of these Top Gun loads at $52.95/flat, delivered.

Today is the last day to place an order for their Aug 30 delivery, but they will require a name and matching member number to accept the order.

More members than usual met the Geiser truck this morning...probably 50 cars.  Some of the high-volume shooters were picking up 20+ flats (of 10 boxes), which they'll do a couple of times a year...down to small orders of 2-3 flats.    It was good to see that the prices haven't gone up at all this year.  They're still selling a fair amount of components (they can't deliver powder or primers, just wads and shot).  I saw one guy picking up 15 or so bags of shot...I can't see the return on reloading target loads right now, but i guess if you have a very high volume press it can work out.

51 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

I just saw someone on Armslist selling 30 rounds of M855 ammo for $90.00! 

Taking advantage of the democrap libtards that recently became gun owners, those folks, yanno,  the morons who think more than 20 bullets is an ammo dump

2 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

Taking advantage of the democrap libtards that recently became gun owners, those folks, yanno,  the morons who think more than 20 bullets is an ammo dump

Dude must have seen my post......He just cut his price in half!  Only $1.50 per round now!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I was a bullet hole on Saturday and they are only selling 9mm for range usage, one box per customer. The guy behind the counter didn't quote a price but I cannot imagine it was cheap given those restrictions.

22 hours ago, CF1782 said:

I was a bullet hole on Saturday and they are only selling 9mm for range usage, one box per customer. The guy behind the counter didn't quote a price but I cannot imagine it was cheap given those restrictions.

Last week stopped by Reloaderz it was $42 bag of 50

• Haha 1
  • Crazy 1
  • FacePalm 2

23 hours ago, CF1782 said:

With those limits and them running out, if they can't get more.

Ranges might shut down just as they opened up

3 minutes ago, Bklynracer said:

With those limits and them running out, if they can't get more.

Ranges might shut down just as they opened up

Yeah I can't imagine it lasts very long. Though bullet hole was doing a fair bit of business as a gun shop(my transfer and more than a few people coming in looking to buy) and of course you could bring your own ammo. 

3 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

reloads?

Reloads are not possible without primers!   I have a shitload of large pistol primers but can't find any small pistol primers!  If anyone wants to trade some small pistol primers for large I am here!

35 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

reloads?

I dont reload so I would not have thought to ask but I have to go back when my nics clears. I'll ask then.

10 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

Reloads are not possible without primers!   I have a shitload of large pistol primers but can't find any small pistol primers!  If anyone wants to trade some small pistol primers for large I am here!

I'm in a similar position with rifle primers.

I picked up a good supply of large rifle primers before things went crazy, but I'm almost out of small rifle.

I went through a phase a month or two ago where I traded excess rifle primers for pistol primers, so that my supply better matched my demand (I overwhelmingly load pistol, but do use large and small rifle and pistol).   I moved a lot of primers around, but I think my stash now meets my needs.   If I find excess of something in the future, I'll put them up to trade.

It's funny, I remember when 'rebalancing the portfolio' referred to trading stocks and bonds...

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

reloads?

I asked this evening. Yes, they allow you to shoot your own reloads.

1 hour ago, CF1782 said:

I asked this evening. Yes, they allow you to shoot your own reloads.

- Save some old boxes from factory loads
- Put your reloads into them when you go to the range
- Don't ask, don't tell

• Haha 1

Looks like the shortage is starting to hit the reloading side of things more. Aside from Primers being OOS, and powder was drying up from places like Hodgdon even before this shit show. Many bullets are now OOS and im seeing an increase in pricing from places like x-treme, 30 dollar premium on 1000 55gr .224 projectiles. Even those are OOS. Plated offerings seem to be available still, but for how long.... Most the stuff i've been stocking up on is not available as of today. That includes certain popular caliber dies, powder, primers, bullets. Looks like we've begun to catch up with the manufactured market. 

• Sad 1

Yeap! It definitely doesn’t seem like demand and supply issue. We claim that we are the country who is capable of fighting two wars at a same time compare to that this is tiny thing. This is just create artificial panic in people to sway them. F..king 9mm steel casing ammo is $40 for 50 rds. That is height...on this side the guy is announcing relief package and other side price of everything goes 3-4-5 times. Simple thing like 2x4 studs are $6-7 just before six month it was $2.