Golf battery

Ammo increase in price

14 minutes ago, mustang69 said:

My FFL just sold me 1200 rounds of 55grn 5.56 for $450.  I realize it's not a great price when compared to the past, but for the current situation I think it's a steal!  I don't usually keep much 5.56 on hand since I don't shoot it much but I think with the election and fallout after November it will only get more expensive.  Yes I know, late to the party but at $.38 a round with today's craziness I figured it was worth it.

Was that sticker price? Or "buddy" pricing.. lol

34 minutes ago, mustang69 said:

My FFL just sold me 1200 rounds of 55grn 5.56 for $450.  I realize it's not a great price when compared to the past, but for the current situation I think it's a steal!  I don't usually keep much 5.56 on hand since I don't shoot it much but I think with the election and fallout after November it will only get more expensive.  Yes I know, late to the party but at $.38 a round with today's craziness I figured it was worth it.

That's an excellent price in today's environment.  They have anymore at that price?  If so, I'm sure it will sell quickly.

• Agree 1

58 minutes ago, mustang69 said:

Just out of curiosity what brand  of ammo was it.

56 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

Was that sticker price? Or "buddy" pricing.. lol

I'm sure it was "buddy" pricing.  Pretty sure it was his cost.

38 minutes ago, gleninjersey said:

That's an excellent price in today's environment.  They have anymore at that price?  If so, I'm sure it will sell quickly.

No idea.  I walked into the shop, he handed me the case and told me I owed him $450.  Easy peasy.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, The_Matrix said:

To me, Aguila ammo smells like

6 hours ago, silverado427 said:

cat piss

Aguila's reputation for stinky ammo comes from the brands use of Eley Tenex primer in their 22lr ammo.  The "cat piss" odor is pervasive at every top level 22lr match around the world.  Eley primer is considered the most reliable and most consistent.

vpa0dfxye4r41.jpg

Most folks that shoot 22lr are not familiar with the odor because most folks are not willing to pay $20-$30 ( in normal times) for 50 rounds of match grade 22.

The use of Eley primer is not to say that all Aguila is match grade, but it is very reliable.  Mexicans take their 22lr ammo very seriously, as they do with shotgun ammo, because that is typically all they are allowed to own south of the border.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

45 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

Aguila's reputation for stinky ammo comes from the brands use of Eley Tenex primer in their 22lr ammo.  The "cat piss" odor is pervasive at every top level 22lr match around the world.  Eley primer is considered the most reliable and most consistent.

I love the smell of Eley ammo.  It smells like victory!

1 hour ago, njJoniGuy said:

And the air in Terre Haute used to smell like freedom, too. Didn't it?

I don't recall the air in Terre Haute ever smelling particularly good...lotsa good smoke on homecoming weekend when they lit the world's largest bonfire, though.

'ol Rose was just named the best undergrad engineering school in the US for the 22nd consecutive year...almost as impressive as their old varsity rifle team was!

On 8/29/2020 at 11:42 AM, silverado427 said:

Fed 223 55 gr  is going for  $ .60 to .66  a round.

9mm is going for $500 to $700. 1K

Gunbroker prices.

seriously, anyone who wants to pay those prices  in cash, I'd sell some.  I'm willing to take that gamble.

5 hours ago, Sota said:

seriously, anyone who wants to pay those prices  in cash, I'd sell some.  I'm willing to take that gamble.

That is fu..ing ridiculous...this Is necked dance of hypocrisy...The law does not see the price gouging anywhere now? I haven’t heard one case filled in any of the court against anyone...well it is what it is. Poor small store owner and gas pump were shown the strength of law... how about the these giants now???? 

7 hours ago, RUTGERS95 said:

I love wolf steel, always a buyer of it.  I think it's very underrated and old bias dies hard. 

I love wolf steel as well. That’s what I mean above. I meant Winchester forged jam 3 times in 100 rounds but wolf didn’t have problem even once in last 500 rounds.

1 hour ago, JohnnyB said:

I have used Wolf steel as well with no problems except for the fact you can't reload them which in my opinion is a waste!

If you are into reloading look at this ones easy to pickup ...https://www.shellshocktechnologies.com/shop/cases-reloading-tools/1500-new-unprimed-9mm-luger-nas3-cases/

21 hours ago, Sota said:

I have sold 2k, 600 and 650 for 1k rounds each to people who begged.  At these prices, I could buy another higher end classic car on 5.56 alone and that doesn't even get to other calibers...lol

buy cheap, stack deep

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, RUTGERS95 said:

I have sold 2k, 600 and 650 for 1k rounds each to people who begged.  At these prices, I could buy another higher end classic car on 5.56 alone and that doesn't even get to other calibers...lol

Ha.... Looking at the current prices, I'm really tempted to off load some stuff I'll probably never shoot. I don't need the cash, but like you said, it would nice way to put that cash towards other toys. :ok:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Ha.... Looking at the current prices, I'm really tempted to off load some stuff I'll probably never shoot. I don't need the cash, but like you said, it would nice way to put that cash towards other toys. :ok:

I'm 99% a buyer in all situations but will sell on occasion.  I rarely sell ammo, have sold exactly 5 times in 5yrs and most just unloading calibers I don't shoot or recycling to different ammo for a particular rifle.  Only sale I regret is the 308 wolf but I never sell.  these guys begged for ammo so I said ok and besides, I found 3k I didn't even know I had back in a closet I haven't looked in about 5yrs..lol

still have 1k I 'could' trade or sell away   :)

23 minutes ago, Sniper said:

bingo, new toys!!!!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RUTGERS95 said:

bingo, new toys!!!!!!!

I'm looking for 2 new toys:

A .45-70 revolver and a Space-Time Generator.

The .45-70 so I have another way of sending my powderpuff 405 grain loads downrange.

And the Space-Time Generator so I have more space for the new toys and more time on this spinning globe to enjoy them.

I wonder if Harbor Freight sells them?

32 minutes ago, RUTGERS95 said:

I'm 99% a buyer in all situations but will sell on occasion.  I rarely sell ammo, have sold exactly 5 times in 5yrs and most just unloading calibers I don't shoot or recycling to different ammo for a particular rifle. 

That's the way I've been, bought when I saw a good deal, but never sold. But, I was looking at inventory the other day and said "where the hell did all this 22LR and 9mm come from?" Then, wifey asks "why is the floor sagging?"  :mutley:

31 minutes ago, RUTGERS95 said:

bingo, new toys!!!!!!!

My favorite quote "He who dies with the most toys, wins!".

• Haha 1