Golf battery

Ammo increase in price

Since I'm starting to actually like you guys and gals, I will let you in on a little secret...

These pop up as available throughout the day and are available for an average of 4-5 minutes before they sell out. Free shipping for orders over $100. (In stock when I posted this)

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/9mm-115gr-elite-ball-fmj.html

12 minutes ago, Squaregrouper said:

Since I'm starting to actually like you guys and gals, I will let you in on a little secret...

These pop up as available throughout the day and are available for an average of 4-5 minutes before they sell out. Free shipping for orders over $100. (In stock when I posted this)

that 9mm is sold out and just about everything else is old out. however they did have some 45ACP in stock. if you put in a Jersey zip code "not available in your area" so I put in a PA zip code and GTG

12 minutes ago, Squaregrouper said:

Just now, FXDX said:

that 9mm is sold out and just about everything else is old out. however hey did have some 45ACP in stock. if you put in a Jersey zip code "not available in your area" so I put in a PA zip code and GTG

Exactly, they will not ship to NJ. I've contemplated attempting to ship to a friend in Pa, but doubt it'd go through with a NJ billing address. Besides, he's not that good of a friend for me to gift him ammo.

21 minutes ago, FXDX said:

that 9mm is sold out and just about everything else is old out. however they did have some 45ACP in stock. if you put in a Jersey zip code "not available in your area" so I put in a PA zip code and GTG

I got my monthly allotment of 2000rds, so I thought I would share.

Randomly click on the link throughout the day and you'll eventually get lucky. I HIGHLY recommend pre-registering and adding your cc info in advance. The stuff goes fast when it comes in stock.

53 minutes ago, Squaregrouper said:

Sig does not ship to N.J.!

47 minutes ago, Squaregrouper said:

I got my monthly allotment of 2000rds, so I thought I would share.

Randomly click on the link throughout the day and you'll eventually get lucky. I HIGHLY recommend pre-registering and adding your cc info in advance. The stuff goes fast when it comes in stock.

Yes, thanks for thinking of us but as VZguy, KC17 and my myself said Jersey is SOL

It looks like supply is starting to catch up. The local ACE Hardware close to me was fully stocked with 9mm handguns, ammo was full, and they had some primers in stock (SPP, LPP). Georgia Arms is selling online again, they were shutdown due to lack of primers. I just received a load of bullets from Missouri Bullet Company and my order of 4000 bullets from IbejiHeads has shipped. The bullet orders took more than 2 months to be filled.

• Informative 1

A flattening of the supply-demand curve and a softening of ammo prices in the fourth quarter of this year is clearly not going to happen. I wouldn't bet on it happening in the first quarter of 2021 either. People are scared about where the country is going and the pandemic has not helped either which will lead to massive hoarding whatever is available in the marketplace. 

5 minutes ago, SJG said:

A flattening of the supply-demand curve and a softening of ammo prices in the fourth quarter of this year is clearly not going to happen. I wouldn't bet on it happening in the first quarter of 2021 either. People are scared about where the country is going and the pandemic has not helped either which will lead to massive hoarding whatever is available in the marketplace. 

Seems like supply is getting a little better. I keep getting texts from Targetsports about 9mm being available, but prices are still high,  might start coming down once supply exceeds demand, which might be a while if people keep panic buying.

TSUSA is now regularly putting up various 9mm for sale. The 'problem' is it's all for .60/round.

I did score some 10mm at .423. Inflated but not ridiculous. Last time I purchased in February was around .30.

24 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

TSUSA is now regularly putting up various 9mm for sale. The 'problem' is it's all for .60/round.

I did score some 10mm at .423. Inflated but not ridiculous. Last time I purchased in February was around .30.

that'll seem cheap by this time next week

41 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

Every time I see that .60 number, makes me think of selling some of the Blazer that I have.

On 11/5/2020 at 11:06 AM, njJoniGuy said:

You mean like how the Democrat party, the mainstream media and Big Tech are treating America...

In and out, in and out, in and out ... until they're well fucked?

And Bill Gates and his 5G Rona virus.. I mean sheesh, we have enough to worry about when it comes to falling off the side of Flat Earth....Either way, ammo prices still haven't peaked in my opinion. Probably won't settle until 2 months after inauguration day.

Wow! I mean I am not on side of donkey or elephant but need to understand that arm industry is hold by Republicans operated by republican and when the artificial demand increases and supply miraculously starts falling short all of sudden Democrats gets so good hold of industry that the whole supply and demand chain they start controlling. I mean dems are fucking nonsense when they say we will give health care to illegal over veterans and all other BS like you have to say happy holidays and that shit...but just watch which company is making more profit if they are public...republicans also are thief, they give you bullet for 20 cents but takes every last grain of from your plate. They will send $300 IRS check for one year but from next year they take $10000 more( for middle class).  This fucking party system needs to be resolved and each candidate need to prove for him/herself and no business can fund the election... that’s how they fucking skew the laws in favor....

I think I already posted once before that this shortage is artificial and will go away once election is over!!!! Price is different thing because greediness is not that easy to let go...

On 11/9/2020 at 1:54 AM, Smith said:

Wow! I mean I am not on side of donkey or elephant but need to understand that arm industry is hold by Republicans operated by republican and when the artificial demand increases and supply miraculously starts falling short all of sudden Democrats gets so good hold of industry that the whole supply and demand chain they start controlling. I mean dems are fucking nonsense when they say we will give health care to illegal over veterans and all other BS like you have to say happy holidays and that shit...but just watch which company is making more profit if they are public...republicans also are thief, they give you bullet for 20 cents but takes every last grain of from your plate. They will send $300 IRS check for one year but from next year they take $10000 more( for middle class).  This fucking party system needs to be resolved and each candidate need to prove for him/herself and no business can fund the election... that’s how they fucking skew the laws in favor....

I think I already posted once before that this shortage is artificial and will go away once election is over!!!! Price is different thing because greediness is not that easy to let go...

Proper sentence structure never killed anyone..

To add, im not sure you fully understand the supply chain logistics of manufacturing and selling ammunition.  

• Crazy 1

1 hour ago, JackDaWack said:

Proper sentence structure never killed anyone..

To add, im not sure you fully understand the supply chain logistics of manufacturing and selling ammunition.  

:good: I have a two masters in math could discuss any supply demand theory and each variable of each theory you want(over the beer :icon_e_biggrin:) and that is different story but here it doesn’t need to be that much complicated either.

1 hour ago, Smith said:

:good: I have a two masters in math could discuss any supply demand theory and each variable of each theory you want(over the beer :icon_e_biggrin:) and that is different story but here it doesn’t need to be that much complicated either.

So which characteristics do you feel match the ammunition supply chain? Efficient, Responsive, Risk- hedging, or Agile?

Do you think it would include an evolving or stable supply? And would it be a functional vs innovative product? 

The answers to these questions should make it abundantly clear why some manufacturers were going out of business 2 years ago with over stock, and why today they can't source enough materials to meet demand. 

We could also get Into some other aspects, like revenue management, where most mathematical theories are applied, but we don't even have to think that deeply about this. Every company seeks to maximize profits by finding the sweet spot in price vs demand. You wouldn't be in business very long if you didn't. 

Inventory is low on a high demand product, dont need a masters to figure out that math. Most manufacturers haven't raised their prices that much, the retailers are. A 20% bump in price at the distribution level is amplified to 50% at the point of sale to a customer. Again, due to the lower volume of sales.

I wouldn't expect manufacturers to even consider tooling up for higher output, especially since there's no way to identify what the ROI would be on that massive a CapEx.  We're just going to have to suffer until gluttons are satiated.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sota said:

I wouldn't expect manufacturers to even consider tooling up for higher output, especially since there's no way to identify what the ROI would be on that massive a CapEx.  We're just going to have to suffer until gluttons are satiated.

Some already are. I suspect the reasoning is that it’sa large panic, and just like every other one there’s will be converts from a buy it by the box customer to buy it by the case customer. And some converts from the buy it by the case customer to the stack it deep customer. 

• Agree 1

52 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

So which characteristics do you feel match the ammunition supply chain? Efficient, Responsive, Risk- hedging, or Agile?

Do you think it would include an evolving or stable supply? And would it be a functional vs innovative product? 

The answers to these questions should make it abundantly clear why some manufacturers were going out of business 2 years ago with over stock, and why today they can't source enough materials to meet demand. 

We could also get Into some other aspects, like revenue management, where most mathematical theories are applied, but we don't even have to think that deeply about this. Every company seeks to maximize profits by finding the sweet spot in price vs demand. You wouldn't be in business very long if you didn't. 

Inventory is low on a high demand product, dont need a masters to figure out that math. Most manufacturers haven't raised their prices that much, the retailers are. A 20% bump in price at the distribution level is amplified to 50% at the point of sale to a customer. Again, due to the lower volume of sales.

Many parameters you are pointing out is specific to only certain setup of business. e.g. if you are talking about Cabela, yes, you need to consider stock optimization and above certain level of ROI, however, you need to Analyze the curve of demand! Online stores on other hand, doesn’t have same logistics. Here you need to go by manufacturing capacity. Again companies around the world doesn’t have manual Labour instead have fully automated machineries. My point here is, you have this issue two ways. We might have certain level of rise in demand, however Choking the supply is also going to create higher demand as both of curve are inverse to each other(image below). FYI, which characteristic is followed, depends on your business setup, if you are retailer store like Cabela or some online store or manufacturing unit. Your four characteristics falls into inventory optimization. Every Wall Street company think about maximum profits because they have to feed hungry greedy mouths. Economics without ethics!!! Problem here is most of the store that are out of stock have online presence to sell same item at twice or thrice the price. So all in all choking supply, greed driven opportunist business without ethics results in situation like this. Now if you want to restrict the supply chain who are in best position to do that?

image.png

1 hour ago, Smith said:

Many parameters you are pointing out is specific to only certain setup of business. e.g. if you are talking about Cabela, yes, you need to consider stock optimization and above certain level of ROI, however, you need to Analyze the curve of demand! Online stores on other hand, doesn’t have same logistics. Here you need to go by manufacturing capacity. Again companies around the world doesn’t have manual Labour instead have fully automated machineries. My point here is, you have this issue two ways. We might have certain level of rise in demand, however Choking the supply is also going to create higher demand as both of curve are inverse to each other(image below). FYI, which characteristic is followed, depends on your business setup, if you are retailer store like Cabela or some online store or manufacturing unit. Your four characteristics falls into inventory optimization. Every Wall Street company think about maximum profits because they have to feed hungry greedy mouths. Economics without ethics!!! Problem here is most of the store that are out of stock have online presence to sell same item at twice or thrice the price. So all in all choking supply, greed driven opportunist business without ethics results in situation like this. Now if you want to restrict the supply chain who are in best position to do that?

image.png

How do you optimize inventories when you physically can't keep up with demand? Most companies already figured out the bullwhip from prior shortages. While some may invest a bit in increasing output, there are still bottlenecks with supply, such as primers. They also know that one day demand will sharply fall where they will have to severely discount their products. At which point any investments in manufacturing will become a financial burden.

Like I said just ONE year ago they were handing people hundreds of dollars in rebates. I have never seen a ammunition company purposely limit availiblty to drive costs up. 

In fact, many companies rented out their facilities to keep cash flowing through a plant.

Any restrictions in the supply chain are direct responses to supply of raw materials, and forecasting decreased demand over time. 

Greed has nothing to do with maximizing profit. Becuase sometimes that means dropping prices to move more of a product. Its a strategic way to fend off competition.

15 hours ago, JackDaWack said:

How do you optimize inventories when you physically can't keep up with demand? Most companies already figured out the bullwhip from prior shortages. While some may invest a bit in increasing output, there are still bottlenecks with supply, such as primers. They also know that one day demand will sharply fall where they will have to severely discount their products. At which point any investments in manufacturing will become a financial burden.

Like I said just ONE year ago they were handing people hundreds of dollars in rebates. I have never seen a ammunition company purposely limit availiblty to drive costs up. 

In fact, many companies rented out their facilities to keep cash flowing through a plant.

Any restrictions in the supply chain are direct responses to supply of raw materials, and forecasting decreased demand over time. 

Greed has nothing to do with maximizing profit. Becuase sometimes that means dropping prices to move more of a product. Its a strategic way to fend off competition.

Ok. Understood your side however, we are talking about same end result with two different causes. You are saying this is surge in demand so high so stores can’t keep up, I am saying supply has been reduced so much that stores doesn’t have anything to put on shelves. Either way stores doesn’t have any strategy of inventory mgmt. I agree! They just simply can’t!!! 

52 minutes ago, Smith said:

Ok. Understood your side however, we are talking about same end result with two different causes. You are saying this is surge in demand so high so stores can’t keep up, I am saying supply has been reduced so much that stores doesn’t have anything to put on shelves. Either way stores doesn’t have any strategy of inventory mgmt. I agree! They just simply can’t!!! 

I dont think there is a munitions company not pumping out as much ammo as they can. Unless you know something we don't?

Its not like these companies have ever manipulated supply in the past when it would have benefited them. This only happens when people start stockpiling due to national events. 

• Like 1