Golf battery

Ammo increase in price

1 hour ago, JackDaWack said:

I dont think there is a munitions company not pumping out as much ammo as they can. Unless you know something we don't?

Its not like these companies have ever manipulated supply in the past when it would have benefited them. This only happens when people start stockpiling due to national events. 

Fear is great weapon of devil, When  fear is created, see many unexpected results! 

3 hours ago, Smith said:

Ok. Understood your side however, we are talking about same end result with two different causes. You are saying this is surge in demand so high so stores can’t keep up, I am saying supply has been reduced so much that stores doesn’t have anything to put on shelves. Either way stores doesn’t have any strategy of inventory mgmt. I agree! They just simply can’t!!! 

Yes, but you are demonstrably wrong. There are plenty of retailers posting the numbers they are selling through when they get inventory. When 30,000 rounds goes out the door in seconds when it typically lasted a month, that isn’t fake demand and low supply. When you have brick and mortar shops selling six months worth of ammo in one month to only walk in traffic and with limits in place, that’s not fake demand and limited supply. The demand has exceeded the industry’s capacity. They are running 24-7.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, silverado427 said:

....""We currently have over a year's worth of orders for ammunition in excess of $1 billion," Metz said during the Nov. 5 call. “With demand far outstripping supply and inventory levels in the channel at all-time lows, we see strong demand continuing, and this metric informs our viewpoint of what a recovery or normalization could look like."

3 hours ago, DaveR said:

Stopped by the LGS / Range the other day and there was actually a couple of dozen boxes of Blaser Brass on the shelf for $25 a box, not sure how that price is, don't have a .40.

.50/round is expensive, but not astronomically in the current environment. The last time I bought .40 cal in 2015 it was .26/round.

9mm right now starts around .60/round.

1 minute ago, silverado427 said:

Thanks for posting but the shipping kills the deal for me!:)

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, 45Doll said:

It starts at .65/round for steel. .70/round for brass.

https://ammoseek.com/ammo/45acp

geez... im seriously considering selling this whole case of federal M1911 .45acp...  i can make my own now, so why hold on the factory stuff any longer at these prices?!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, eyeinstine said:

geez... im seriously considering selling this whole case of federal M1911 .45acp...  i can make my own now, so why hold on the factory stuff any longer at these prices?!

I wouldn't let the factory ammo go until you have enough components in house to make the volume of ammunition you want.

You may find the price of components equals the cost of what you already own, and their availability to be nil.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, 45Doll said:

I wouldn't let the factory ammo go until you have enough components in house to make the volume of ammunition you want.

You may find the price of components equals the cost of what you already own, and their availability to be nil.

sorry, i should have been more thorough in my post.. Ive been acquiring presses and components for the past year and am VERY well stocked in everything i need to make my own ammo.. well, everything except time it seems.. I think its just more about the first time jitters. Hopefully within the next week and take my first crack it at..  Once i stock myself up on home brew ammo for most of my calibers, ill start unloading some of the factory stuff im sitting on...

3 minutes ago, eyeinstine said:

sorry, i should have been more thorough in my post.. Ive been acquiring presses and components for the past year and am VERY well stocked in everything i need to make my own ammo.. well, everything except time it seems.. I think its just more about the first time jitters. Hopefully within the next week and take my first crack it at..  Once i stock myself up on home brew ammo for most of my calibers, ill start unloading some of the factory stuff im sitting on...

Very well. Then have at it. Merry Christmas.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eyeinstine said:

I will never sell any ammo unless I no longer have a gun that shoots it. I have a lot of factory ammo that is stored in ammo cans. I shoot reloads exclusively for practice, but if my life depends on t I am loading up on factory ammo. All of my loaded (for defense purposes) AR, M1A and HD pistol mags are loaded with factory ammo. The only exception is precision/hunting ammo. I load my own and it is more accurate/effective than factory loads. Of course there is not much of a cost savings with the hunting loads but the hand loads are way more accurate/effective

16 hours ago, eyeinstine said:

Two things, always keep factory on hand, to what amount is a good discussion...  never use reloads for self defense...i subscribe to that thought..reloads are target shooting, gun games and hunting etc.

If you need reloading help, contact me pm and i will shoot you my cell.  :drinks:

Keep meticulous records....

14 hours ago, JC_68Westy said:

I will never sell any ammo unless I no longer have a gun that shoots it. I have a lot of factory ammo that is stored in ammo cans. I shoot reloads exclusively for practice, but if my life depends on t I am loading up on factory ammo. All of my loaded (for defense purposes) AR, M1A and HD pistol mags are loaded with factory ammo. The only exception is precision/hunting ammo. I load my own and it is more accurate/effective than factory loads. Of course there is not much of a cost savings with the hunting loads but the hand loads are way more accurate/effective

Agree.....  however, if God forbid we find ourselves in general open conflict, whether reloads or factory, will not matter ....imo at that point...

Normal self defense in 'normal' times..factory rules...

I sold a ton of ammo last week. A year ago I was paying $180/1000 for target 9mm. I am selling it for $500/1000 and in today's world, my price is significantly lower than anything on Ammoseek. This way I made a hefty profit and did it with a clean conscience.  All in, I sold thousands of: 9mm, .223, .357 Sig, .45ACP,  and .38 Special. Everything I sold, I have components in hand to reload. (I kept 2000 each of 9mm and .223/5.56 and a couple hundred of the others) In my opinion, NOW is the time to sell if you're a reloader with components in stock.

As I have stated previously, I have no sympathy for anyone who owned a gun in 2013 and didn't slowly stock up between 2015 and 2019. I will take care of new shooters who I'm close to, but not long time gun owners.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Squaregrouper said:

I sold a ton of ammo last week. A year ago I was paying $180/1000 for target 9mm. I am selling it for $500/1000 and in today's world, my price is significantly lower than anything on Ammoseek. This way I made a hefty profit and did it with a clean conscience.  All in, I sold thousands of: 9mm, .223, .357 Sig, .45ACP,  and .38 Special. Everything I sold, I have components in hand to reload. (I kept 2000 each of 9mm and .223/5.56 and a couple hundred of the others) In my opinion, NOW is the time to sell if you're a reloader with components in stock.

As I have stated previously, I have no sympathy for anyone who owned a gun in 2013 and didn't slowly stock up between 2015 and 2019. I will take care of new shooters who I'm close to, but not long time gun owners.

I would consider 2000 rds of .factory 223/556 and 9mm barely stocked up. I have the components for 223 and have loaded it, but it just isn't worth it to me to reload. It is way too high pressure of  a round for me to load in my progressive presses. When I load it .223/556 is strictly single stage and loaded for accuracy, normally Barnes TSX and similar bullets. I have a lot of factory 5.56 that has been accumulated over the years and it is worth way more to me than a quick buck. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't find ourselves in a situation where ammo and component sales are regulated heavily to the point of putting manufacturers out of business as a back door gun ban.

A good example is California and the ban on lead ammo for hunting. This can easily be changed to a ban on lead ammo. This would greatly curtail your ability to buy ammo/components. Copper bullets are very expensive. I believe most primers contain lead.

15 hours ago, JC_68Westy said:

I would consider 2000 rds of .factory 223/556 and 9mm barely stocked up. I have the components for 223 and have loaded it, but it just isn't worth it to me to reload. It is way too high pressure of  a round for me to load in my progressive presses. When I load it .223/556 is strictly single stage and loaded for accuracy, normally Barnes TSX and similar bullets. I have a lot of factory 5.56 that has been accumulated over the years and it is worth way more to me than a quick buck. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't find ourselves in a situation where ammo and component sales are regulated heavily to the point of putting manufacturers out of business as a back door gun ban.

A good example is California and the ban on lead ammo for hunting. This can easily be changed to a ban on lead ammo. This would greatly curtail your ability to buy ammo/components. Copper bullets are very expensive. I believe most primers contain lead.

To each his own. At my income level/net worth, being able to quickly put almost $5000 in my pocket was a game changer.

My 5.56 rifles are for plinking  steel out to 200yds. If I'm getting 1.5 MOA out of them I'm happy. I stay well below max, so even an accidental 0.5gr powder throw difference isn't a game changer. 5.56 isn't even in my top 5 choices for PRS. I load my 6.5's (CM, Grendels and Swede) on a single stage with a trickler because I take them out to 1000yds plus.  (Grendels get tricky after 800yds)

Just my 2 cents...

• Informative 1

55 minutes ago, silverado427 said:

The ad said "500 rounds". The picture said "1000 rounds". The price said "$2,000".

So, is it totally ridiculous or uber ridiculous?

"Words just fail me!"

Kraut Mueller, Run Silent Run Deep