Golf battery

Ammo increase in price

On 11/30/2020 at 6:03 PM, Bt Doctur said:

As far as I`m concerned they can shove all their overpriced ammo up their..............................

The days of cheap ammo anytime you want it are over. You think the prices now are insane wait till the demented old creep takes office and his handlers start pushing their agenda 

Does anyone know which ammo calibers have the highest demand/supply issues? My quess is that 9mm and .223 will be the worst.

Are there any demand issues with 7.62x54r, 7.62x39, 22LR? I am really good stocked with 7.62x39 and 22LR but only have about 40 rounds of 7.62x54r.

I was thinking of getting a Taurus Judge .45/.410 shotshell but don't know the ammo situation for these 2 Calibers.

Thanks

Mike

All common caliber target handgun ammo is selling for $0.80 to $1.00 per round. 223 sells at $1.00 to $1.50, and 300AAC sells for $2.00. Common 22LR sells at $0.20. I'm having trouble obtaining 30-30, 380, 38 Spcl, and 357 Mag. 

*AND* - when folks are done panicking and hoarding - prices will drop like they did after 2012 etc.

*THEN* - some will not learn to stock up a little at a time, or to reload

*WHEN* - the next storm comes to drive up ammo prices and availability again, we can resurrect this thread.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, PK90 said:

All common caliber target handgun ammo is selling for $0.80 to $1.00 per round. 223 sells at $1.00 to $1.50, and 300AAC sells for $2.00. Common 22LR sells at $0.20. I'm having trouble obtaining 30-30, 380, 38 Spcl, and 357 Mag. 

if shipping wasn't such a pia with ammo, I'd help you out on the 38 and 357.

2 hours ago, PK90 said:

This is nuts!  40 cents per round of CCI Mini-Mag!  At what level is the price gauging happening? I don't believe the manufacturer is selling above normal price.  Someone is getting rich!

6 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

This is nuts!  40 cents per round of CCI Mini-Mag!  At what level is the price gauging happening? I don't believe the manufacturer is selling above normal price.  Someone is getting rich!

up to 2yr backlog and over 1billion in sales pending so it's not gouging, it's supply issue.  Raw components are not up while demand far outstrips availability.

.20/rd for 22lr is going to be here a while.  While I have a ton of 36gr high velocity ammo, I'm glad I bought all those Thunderbolts at .02 delivered while everyone dogpiled them on the deals posting.  lol   I sold 3k of it so far to people begging for 22 at 200/1k

I've zero sympathy for people that didn't stock up

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

Well look at the manufacturers selling direct. They are selling at basically $0.50 per round for 9mm and nearly a buck a round for a bunch of other stuff. So a good chunk is all the way up the supply chain. 

I've been reading places where some retailers participate, and one of the things happening is not so much gouging as the removal of the wholesaler/distributor discount we are used to. Some shops are paying retail or scalper prices just to have inventory for their local customers. So you are paying their operational markup on retail prices. 

I 'm picking up a case of wolf 7.62x39  for $350 shipped. 

Mean while last year i was  saying to myself $ 200 shipped was over priced.

I just needed one more case for backup.. 

Well it looks like i'm going to be selling a couple of bricks of .22

• Like 1

Just now, silverado427 said:

I 'm picking up a case of wolf 7.62x39  for $350 shipped. 

Mean while last year i was  saying to myself $ 200 shipped was over priced.

I just needed one more case for backup.. 

Well it looks like i'm going to be selling a couple of bricks of .22

I'm thinking of posting some 9mm and 357.  I see quite a few new people joining and they may need ammo but it's not cheap

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, RUTGERS95 said:

up to 2yr backlog and over 1billion in sales pending so it's not gouging, it's supply issue.  Raw components are not up while demand far outstrips availability.

.20/rd for 22lr is going to be here a while.  While I have a ton of 36gr high velocity ammo, I'm glad I bought all those Thunderbolts at .02 delivered while everyone dogpiled them on the deals posting.  lol   I sold 3k of it so far to people begging for 22 at 200/1k

I've zero sympathy for people that didn't stock up

U know anyone who wants more.. at those prices I've got plenty to sell.

23 minutes ago, RUTGERS95 said:

I'm thinking of posting some 9mm and 357.  I see quite a few new people joining and they may need ammo but it's not cheap

I'm over flowing with .223/5.56 its soo damn tempting to even sell just a single case.

1 minute ago, JackDaWack said:

U know anyone who wants more.. at those prices I've got plenty to sell.

I'm over flowing with .223/5.56 its soo damn tempting to even sell just a single case.

I hear you and myself as well but I can sell a little.

40 minutes ago, njJoniGuy said:

What a way to fund a retirement!

Selling $.05 / round .22 for $.20 a pop !!

I think some of the gun dealers/lgs are the real culprits.  Anyone see the Colt thread where RTSP tried to give the guy 1100 for 3 colts?

3 hours ago, USRifle30Cal said:

*AND* - when folks are done panicking and hoarding - prices will drop like they did after 2012 etc.

*THEN* - some will not learn to stock up a little at a time, or to reload

*WHEN* - the next storm comes to drive up ammo prices and availability again, we can resurrect this thread.

*AND THEN* - Biden realizes he won't get "gun control" through the legislature so he decides to tax ammo at 40% and eliminate online sales - all through EO

• Like 1