Golf battery

Ammo increase in price

On 12/3/2020 at 1:38 PM, Old Glock guy said:

After the panic of late 2012-early 2013, I stocked up, and bought lots of ammo whenever the prices were good.  Still, I would not sell any, as the supply and price situations don't look like they will get better any time in the foreseeable future.  While I have a lot, it's not an infinite supply, and I'm planning on making it last for at least the next several years.

Similar here. In fact, the panic of 2012-2014 coincided with my new found preparedness mindset that stemmed from Hurricane Sandy. That new mindset is what got me back “all in” into 2A and firearms. So over these years have acquired an “adequate” amount of ammo for my needs.  Worth repeating something I once read.  “The ammo you have on hand may be all you were ever have.” and factoring this into your inventory planning.  As an aside, about a year ago I donated approx. 4K rounds of 22lr to CNJFO for their youth shoots. Still thrilled to have done that regardless of the current price. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

18 hours ago, USRifle30Cal said:

Someone 'complained' in a forsale thread..about he price of .22 lr

45 per 500..or so.

Yes that is LESS than the going rate..i sold two bricks at 85 a pop yesterday...  i PAID .05 a round....back years ago...do i feel bad ? 

Not one bit...the buyers are seasoned shooters...   who REFUSED to pay attention..

NEW shooters get a pass....and good prices 

You and I think exactly the same on this. I may have even posted it on this forum.

Newbies, who are friends, get my ammo at pre-panic prices. Anyone who owned firearms during the post-Sandy Hook shortage should have known better and get zero sympathy from me.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Squaregrouper said:

You and I think exactly the same on this. I may have even posted it on this forum.

Newbies, who are friends, get my ammo at pre-panic prices. Anyone who owned firearms during the post-Sandy Hook shortage should have known better and get zero sympathy from me.

And a couple kind forum members with the same attitude help me out greatly with ammo when I picked up my first rifle and pistol, ammo was nowhere to be found, but members here sold me two 500 round cases at a very fair price. Did they make a few dollars? Absolutely! Did they deserve to? Absolutely!

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, RUTGERS95 said:

Whoever complained is a fking loser who should be banned. You don't like price, move on

Well the FS thread got locked - so it is a moot point.

But the seller was selling it cheap, considering.

There are the two schools of thought on this and it always reminds me of Aesop fable - that can be applied to the ammo situation:

image.thumb.png.d91a8f0fca61bb059cd658317771c4d6.png

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, this_is_nascar said:

So, just asking (for a friend), would $.60 per round for 9mm Federal American Eagle 115 grain, full metal jacket, 9mm luger ammunition be a fair price in today's market?

'Fair' is in the mind and wallet of the buyer. Right now .60/round is the bottom end price for most available 9mm.

Through online retailers anyway. If you have a friend somewhere you might do better.

14 minutes ago, this_is_nascar said:

So, just asking (for a friend), would $.60 per round for 9mm Federal American Eagle 115 grain, full metal jacket, 9mm luger ammunition be a fair price in today's market?

tula is selling for .60/rd for perspective

On 12/12/2020 at 10:32 AM, silverado427 said:

oos and I'll bet that in 3 mos, we'll think this was 'cheap' .   My guess is 5.56 is going $1 round

• Haha 1

AE38B - Federal American Eagle 38 Special 158 Grain Lead Round Nose (50ct)

Your Price: $44.45
Part Number: AE38B
Availability: In Stock.
Caliber .38 Special
Rounds Per Box 50ct

Was 1.20 a round a few weeks back.  

1 minute ago, Redeye65 said:

AE38B - Federal American Eagle 38 Special 158 Grain Lead Round Nose (50ct)

Your Price: $44.45
Part Number: AE38B
Availability: In Stock.
Caliber .38 Special
Rounds Per Box 50ct

Was 1.20 a round a few weeks back.  

for lead round nose that's rich!  heck, I'd sell fmj at .80/rd.  sitting on piles, maybe I should add that to my list as well.....

• Like 1

Not sure if this is a good deal, saw this pop up. Freedom Munitions 9mm, 115 grain, $0.62 a round.

You can order in any quantity: 50 round box up to whatever..

https://www.freedommunitions.com/ammunition/pistol/9mm/9mm-luger-115-gr-rn-new-1.html