Golf battery

Ammo increase in price

Ok, I have seen there stuff. I have not used it. Is there a current / local remanufactured ammunition company that is generally recommended? In the 80's early 90's I purchased from a commercial reloader. He was off of Route 22 near Branchburg or Bridgewater. He sold quality stuff in bulk at a big discount to factory ammo. Tom Mundy or something like that. He sold mostly to dealers, ranges and PD's. I would love to find if he is still out there or who took over for him. 

Between us Mrs. 45Doll and I shot over 15,000 rounds of FM reman ammo in 9, 38, 40 and 45 without a significant problem.

The only reason I stopped buying from them was when the price of new ammo dropped to FM's price, or below.

On 12/4/2020 at 2:55 PM, raz-0 said:

No need. The pulse will be: Shortage. Even if the demand dried up today, all the distributors and retailers have placed orders for high volumes. They could get fucked on that, but I doubt it significantly.

If it were some conspiracy of easy market manipulation as you believe, the answer will be: shortage. Because why not print money if you can. 

Based on past performance, once the buying starts to decline rather than increase, we will still have at least a year of shit supply and prices to deal with. 

I was talking to few of my international friends and here is what website of stores like brass pro looks like, in Canada, Europe...

image.png.bfbf20994dddaba4b8159fbc30e9b3a8.png

1 hour ago, Smith said:

I was talking to few of my international friends and here is what website of stores like brass pro looks like, in Canada, Europe...

What’s your point? Those prices are what we are seeing in the us. We just buy it all when it comes into stock. The rest of the world doesn’t have that demand, so when it comes into stock it’s... you know... available for a period of time. 

As I stated before we are seeing some insane retail prices because we have reached a perverse situation where some retailers are buying supply at retail prices and still have to mark them up to turn a profit. 

1 hour ago, raz-0 said:

What’s your point? Those prices are what we are seeing in the us. We just buy it all when it comes into stock. The rest of the world doesn’t have that demand, so when it comes into stock it’s... you know... available for a period of time. 

As I stated before we are seeing some insane retail prices because we have reached a perverse situation where some retailers are buying supply at retail prices and still have to mark them up to turn a profit. 

I have two points...1) it is not as much price as US, in US it is at least 1.5 to 2 times more than this. 2) it is not as constricted supply as US. It is more freely available. So the theory of global crisis due to 5M new users and hoarding is little far fetched from reality. As I was saying we as American lives in alternate reality from rest of the World and our reality is more driven by media 24x7 BS’ing.

16 minutes ago, Smith said:

I have two points...1) it is not as much price as US, in US it is at least 1.5 to 2 times more than this. 2) it is not as constricted supply as US. It is more freely available. So the theory of global crisis due to 5M new users and hoarding is little far fetched from reality. As I was saying we as American lives in alternate reality from rest of the World and our reality is more driven by media 24x7 BS’ing.

The prices there are inflated as well. The price there for American eagle is in fact the price federal is charging if you buy direct from them. They are seeing the price increases from manufacturing capacity being overwhelmed. They are not seeing the price increases from the retail supply chain breaking down as is going on in the us. 

3 hours ago, Smith said:

means nothing here, absolutely nothing to our market

That said, the prices on ammoseek etc are not retail correct.  I've checked multiple supplier sites and the prices are all in line with what we are seeing.  We are seeing .60-65/rd for 9mm, .7-90/rd for 5.56, 1.0-2.5/rd for 308, 38/357 is .8-1.0/rd

7mm new gunners on the low estimate means billions more rounds for just 2 boxes of 9, 5 boxes of 5.56 etc..

supply and demand

I have ammo if anyone needs it but it's at mkt price.  Feel zero sympathy for people that did not stock up.  I dealt with the wife bitching on 1k/month in ammo purchases for several years.  Now she has the balls to say good job...lol

I also shoot more than 99% of the people not a Navy Seal or specialized units.  I know I definitely shoot more than swat guys I know. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RUTGERS95 said:

Feel zero sympathy for people that did not stock up.  I dealt with the wife bitching on 1k/month in ammo purchases for several years.  Now she has the balls to say good job...lol

Ha... I thought I was the only one to hear that bitching... :sarcastic:

When I tell her what it's worth NOW, her jaw drops...

2 hours ago, RUTGERS95 said:

7mm new gunners on the low estimate means billions more rounds for just 2 boxes of 9, 5 boxes of 5.56 etc..

I don't think the new 7 million make such a dent in the supply. It's the other 100 million stocking up too, as well as dealers grabbing what ever they can find.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Smith said:

The reason is that in EU they are not as free as we are here in the US. In my country of origin there is a limit of 48(!) rounds per weapon, that you can own at any given time. So no hoarding is possible. 

One local gun store near me stated they are buying retail and then marking up slightly just so they have something to sell to their clients

Local gun stores are having as much of hard time finding ammo as everyone else. They are also buying from places like Gunbroker and scouring sites like anmoseek just like their clients are.  This drives prices up even further in the aftermarket.

Either pay to play or wait it out until prices come down.  For almost all of us shooting is a hobby or recreational.  Not a necessity.  Buy it cheap & stock it deep.  Now is not that time unfortunately.

3 hours ago, gleninjersey said:

One local gun store near me stated they are buying retail and then marking up slightly just so they have something to sell to their clients

Local gun stores are having as much of hard time finding ammo as everyone else. They are also buying from places like Gunbroker and scouring sites like anmoseek just like their clients are.  This drives prices up even further in the aftermarket.

Either pay to play or wait it out until prices come down.  For almost all of us shooting is a hobby or recreational.  Not a necessity.  Buy it cheap & stock it deep.  Now is not that time unfortunately.

I work PT at a gun shop in Marylandistan. We're doing the same thing. Buying at "Ammoseek low price" in bulk and marking up the ammo by $2-$3 per box after shipping is factored in. The amount of foot traffic we have simply because we have ammo in stock is crazy. Oddly enough, the customer base fully understands that $40/50 for target 9mm is currently reasonable because they know they can come to us and actually put their hands on it. People are sick of going to Bass Pro for the 1 in 20 chance they can actually find a box for $18.

ETA- .357 Sig, 10mm and .45ACP are currently retailing for the same, if not slightly lower than 9mm in suburban Baltimore.

4 hours ago, Squaregrouper said:

I work PT at a gun shop in Marylandistan. We're doing the same thing. Buying at "Ammoseek low price" in bulk and marking up the ammo by $2-$3 per box after shipping is factored in. The amount of foot traffic we have simply because we have ammo in stock is crazy. Oddly enough, the customer base fully understands that $40/50 for target 9mm is currently reasonable because they know they can come to us and actually put their hands on it. People are sick of going to Bass Pro for the 1 in 20 chance they can actually find a box for $18.

ETA- .357 Sig, 10mm and .45ACP are currently retailing for the same, if not slightly lower than 9mm in suburban Baltimore.

If you don't mind me asking what's a brick of  22lr going for

9 minutes ago, silverado427 said:

If you don't mind me asking what's a brick of  22lr going for

$100 bucks on Gun broker!  Totally nuts!  If I had any sense, I'd sell off a few thousand rounds! But alas, I love my ammo!  

On 12/29/2020 at 11:03 PM, JohnnyB said:

$100 bucks on Gun broker!  Totally nuts!  If I had any sense, I'd sell off a few thousand rounds! But alas, I love my ammo!  

just looked, 22lr is now over $100/brick.  The winchester m-22 is 200!

Tula 308 at $25/box online before tax and shipping

• Crazy 1

8 minutes ago, silverado427 said:

That's fargin crazy

No, what's happening to our country causing the price increases is crazy.  The inflated prices are a natural and predictable consequence.  If you want normal ammo prices, fix the root problem.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, silverado427 said:

That's fargin crazy

not at all.  think about it like this, if you are going to train with your AR and 5.56 is out of reach then what are you training with?  22lr is like budweiser, ammo of second choice

also don't forget how long it took for 22lr to come back on the mkt after the last scare

what is crazy is the tula 308.  Now that is fking nuts!!!!!!!

I wonder what surplus 30-06 is going for