Golf battery

Ammo increase in price

18 minutes ago, silverado427 said:

There were 442,214 hand gun permits filed in 2020 according to the NJSP.

In 2019 there were only 102,270  hand gun permits  filed. 

Figure a hundred + rounds for each permit .  

DANG! That's a huge increase. 

7 hours ago, silverado427 said:

There were 442,214 hand gun permits filed in 2020 according to the NJSP.

In 2019 there were only 102,270  hand gun permits  filed. 

Figure a hundred + rounds for each permit .  

I moonlight at a gun shop outside of Baltimore. Last Friday (1/8/2021) the permit numbers were at 39xx for handguns. That means almost 4000 pistols were sold in Marylandistan in the first week of 2021. We need a Handgun Qualification License/HQL to even apply to buy a pistol. It involves: a 4hr class, fingerprints, background check, ~$250 out of pocket and a month before we can apply for a purchase permit. We have another 7 day wait after that.

A solid 75% of buyers are getting their first handgun.

Stopped by the LGS today, Blazer Brass $35 a box and it was sold out.  Getting tired of only using .22's at the range, no range here allows reloads and I'm not about to dip into my factory rounds at this time.  The sheriffs range I normally go to has been shut down for 11 months now.   The next free outdoor range I can go to is an hour or so away and you have to schedule the range time ahead, heard there is weeks backlog so haven't bothered.  I guess its not as bad as a 5 month wait if you want to renew or get new your carry permit in person in my area of Fla, that's the wait just to get a appointment at the tax collectors office to do the application.  Renewing online was about a < 14 day turnaround

Agreed.  I called it.  It was a weird thing.  A bunch of booths I stopped by and talked to were predicting this at shot show.  The one i talked to was a texas company.  Thats what inspired me to write this thread.  I warned you all. I stocked up on primers in march.  This is way past what we would ever imagined 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

9 hours ago, DaveR said:

Stopped by the LGS today, Blazer Brass $35 a box and it was sold out.  Getting tired of only using .22's at the range, no range here allows reloads and I'm not about to dip into my factory rounds at this time.  The sheriffs range I normally go to has been shut down for 11 months now.   The next free outdoor range I can go to is an hour or so away and you have to schedule the range time ahead, heard there is weeks backlog so haven't bothered.  I guess its not as bad as a 5 month wait if you want to renew or get new your carry permit in person in my area of Fla, that's the wait just to get a appointment at the tax collectors office to do the application.  Renewing online was about a < 14 day turnaround

No reloads?

Hmmm...

Segregate brass by head stamp....  keep box they came in...  reload brass..place back in box 

Voila...

5 hours ago, Golf battery said:

Agreed.  I called it.  It was a weird thing.  A bunch of booths I stopped by and talked to were predicting this at shot show.  The one i talked to was a texas company.  Thats what inspired me to write this thread.  I warned you all. I stocked up on primers in march.  This is way past what we would ever imagined 

People should have planned for this after sandy hook

On 2/11/2021 at 5:21 AM, CAL. .30 M1 said:

No reloads?

Hmmm...

Segregate brass by head stamp....  keep box they came in...  reload brass..place back in box 

Voila...

People should have planned for this after sandy hook

About 3/4 of what I reload is polymer coated lead, pretty colored bullets tend to stand out.

I also tend to follow rules.  So I honor their policy by not using their range much.

They have gone even crazier with their no reloads stance over the last year.  There used to be just 1 large range rules sign, now there are little signs over pretty much everything.

They have added several new lines to their ammo policy pretty much just repeating the same things.

Alamo Range Ammunition Policy:

1. Use only correct and well-maintained ammunition in your firearms
  2. THE ALAMO RANGE REQUIRES THE USE OF NEWLY MANUFACTURED COMMERCIAL AMMUNITION ON THE RANGE
  3. THE USE OF ARMOR-PIERCING, TRACER OR STEEL-CORE AMMUNITION IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED 
  4. THE USE OF RELOADED AMMUNITION IS PROHIBITED 
  5. The Alamo reserves the right to inspect all ammunition brought onto the range.
  6. Any projectiles with high steel content or ammunition that causes sparks on the backstop is prohibited
  7. Shotgun: #4 buckshot and larger is allowed on the Presidential Range only.  Steel shot is strictly prohibited.
  8. Shooters agree to confirm that they are always using the correct ammunition
  9. Shooters renting firearms must use only newly manufactured ammunition purchased at the Alamo

They have also become a bit stingy, they used to give a week of free range time with a firearm purchase, but no more.

Along with getting rid of their M-F day of the week range specials.

• Informative 1

On a humorous and sarcastic note, it is well known how expensive Cheaper Than  Dirt’s prices are. While perusing Ammoseek I came upon Alamo Ammo (presumably unrelated to the above mentioned Alamo range).

Alamo Ammo says to CTD “Hold my beer”.

CCI 22lr 40~60 cents per round,  Hornady 357magnum FTX. $6.80 per round.

• Crazy 1

I predict we will be trading home loads for ammo wanted.  Know who you’re getting it from.  Ive never had a squib load or overcharged load in tens of thousands of rounds. Well cause maybe im ocd with loading ammo.  Minimal of 6-9 more months of this bs.  

• Agree 1

I say this because im seeing major company sources drying up.  Even on gb. More remanufactured companies are coming into play now.  Nothing wrong with that.  But it shows you how much it’s drying up.  Never seen it this bad before.  

22 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

the big question(which i'm fairly certain will go unanswered) is if or not the govt agencies from local pd's on up to federal level le agencies are feeling the same squeeze we are. i think i know the answer to that.

I will try to get some answers to your questions tomorrow.  I have a contact who's job is moving  ordinance from one place to another. I am certain small arms ammo is also in that person's purview.  I will also speak with a former CPD friend for answers on the local level.

I will report back as soon as know more!

14 hours ago, Bagarocks said:

Shooting sports is starting to get too expensive for the little man.

go shoot 50 rnds of 9mm and it costs $60. How long does it take to shoot 50 at the range? heh

For sure..

Three of us can easily go through 700+ rounds on a range day... definitely getting interesting...

1 hour ago, 1LtCAP said:

the big question(which i'm fairly certain will go unanswered) is if or not the govt agencies from local pd's on up to federal level le agencies are feeling the same squeeze we are. i think i know the answer to that.

If they had large multi year contracts, then likely no. If they don’t and do year to year contracts, then likely yes or they will very soon now. 

10 hours ago, raz-0 said:

If they had large multi year contracts, then likely no. If they don’t and do year to year contracts, then likely yes or they will very soon now. 

I don’t believe those agencies would have any impact.

Since big tech companies are so great and doing a bang up job keeping us all free, maybe they can devise a 3D printer to print ammo.....they will tell us it's as good as anything produced by SPEER and not made in China.....

sorry....just read the whole thread and became frustrated....

21 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

I will try to get some answers to your questions tomorrow.  I have a contact who's  job is moving ordinance from one place to another. I am certain small arms ammo is also in that person's purview.  I will also speak with a former CPD friend for answers on the local level.

I will report back as soon as know more!

I got an answer today.  Per my friend, many ammo stocks are over capacity with 5.56 and pallets are coming in all the time.

2 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

I got an answer today.  Per my friend, many ammo stocks are over capacity with 5.56 and pallets are coming in all the time.

so they are being given priority over the rest of us. once again 2 sets of rules.

thanks man. i really thought he wasn't gonna answer ya......

• Like 1