Golf battery

Ammo increase in price

On 3/1/2021 at 10:57 AM, gleninjersey said:

That makes no sense.  So a few ammo makers are intentionally holding back their product while their competitors sell at historic highs and take market share AWAY from the ones that are holding back their product and who are making no money as their product sits in warehouses and they still have to pay employees and overhead.

Go Google FedEx delays.  They say the entire industry is experiencing delays. So lower output at times of historic demand with nationwide shipping delays.  Perfect storm 

20210301_105450.jpg

Well now.  If i now i have a high demand product.  If i wait i know prices will rise on my product.  Why wouldn’t i wait to sell.  C’mon really.  Id do the same.  Im doing the same with stuff i want to sell.  I dont have a college degree. But i do have common sense. Are you a millennial?   

• Haha 1

Biggest problem I see is that Biden will ban imports first because he could do that.  Just about all the ammo I see on the shelf is from brands I never heard of coming from out of the country.

8 hours ago, DaveR said:

Biggest problem I see is that Biden will ban imports first because he could do that.  Just about all the ammo I see on the shelf is from brands I never heard of coming from out of the country.

With current prices, I have seriously considered selling my considerable stash of x39 ammo along with my Egyptian Maadi AK (I live in Marylandistan and it was grandfathered). It hasn't left my safe in 7-8yrs, but if I sell it, I can not buy a replacement unless I move to America.

If Biden bans importation of ammo, I think x39 ammo prices will go even higher and I'll proceed with what I have considered for quite a while. I will have to sell the rifle out of state, but they are currently fetching 3x what I paid in 2009.

On 3/24/2021 at 8:16 PM, Squaregrouper said:

With current prices, I have seriously considered selling my considerable stash of x39 ammo along with my Egyptian Maadi AK (I live in Marylandistan and it was grandfathered). It hasn't left my safe in 7-8yrs, but if I sell it, I can not buy a replacement unless I move to America.

If Biden bans importation of ammo, I think x39 ammo prices will go even higher and I'll proceed with what I have considered for quite a while. I will have to sell the rifle out of state, but they are currently fetching 3x what I paid in 2009.

I would not sell if you ever wanted another AK. The price to replace will be very high, or the sale may be banned in the future. This is not a good time to sell guns that are being targeted by the gun grabbers.

11 hours ago, JC_68Westy said:

I would not sell if you ever wanted another AK. The price to replace will be very high, or the sale may be banned in the future. This is not a good time to sell guns that are being targeted by the gun grabbers.

I disagree. Now is a GREAT time to sell guns that are targeted by the gun grabbers. My Maadi worth nothing near the $1500 they're currently fetching.

Prices are so inflated and demand is so high it is insane. Where I live (Maryland) first time gun owners are paying insane money for used Glocks, but ignoring everything else in the case. I work PT in a LGS just outside Baltimore. Here is a scenario that plays out, multiple times a day, every day, in the local shops...

Customer (C)- "I just got my HQL (Handgun Qualification License) and want to buy a Glock"

Staff (S)- "What model are you looking for?"

C- A Glock

S- What caliber?

C- A Glock

S- What size?

C- A Glock

S- I have a really nice Sig/H&K/IWI/CZ/S&W/etc. for less money and they are brand new

C- I want a Glock

S- Ohhh Kayyyy, here is a beat to shit used Glock 22 for $699

C- I'll take it

It is crazy, but I recently sold a G21 on consignment, grabbed a Redhawk 7.5" .44 Mag and put $200 in my pocket out of the deal. People are that crazy for Glocks because someone told them "GLOCK"!!!

A Maadi AK that hasn't left my safe in a long time isn't worth a mortgage payment to me. 

1 hour ago, Squaregrouper said:

I disagree. Now is a GREAT time to sell guns that are targeted by the gun grabbers. My Maadi worth nothing near the $1500 they're currently fetching.

Prices are so inflated and demand is so high it is insane. Where I live (Maryland) first time gun owners are paying insane money for used Glocks, but ignoring everything else in the case. I work PT in a LGS just outside Baltimore. Here is a scenario that plays out, multiple times a day, every day, in the local shops...

Customer (C)- "I just got my HQL (Handgun Qualification License) and want to buy a Glock"

Staff (S)- "What model are you looking for?"

C- A Glock

S- What caliber?

C- A Glock

S- What size?

C- A Glock

S- I have a really nice Sig/H&K/IWI/CZ/S&W/etc. for less money and they are brand new

C- I want a Glock

S- Ohhh Kayyyy, here is a beat to shit used Glock 22 for $699

C- I'll take it

It is crazy, but I recently sold a G21 on consignment, grabbed a Redhawk 7.5" .44 Mag and put $200 in my pocket out of the deal. People are that crazy for Glocks because someone told them "GLOCK"!!!

A Maadi AK that hasn't left my safe in a long time isn't worth a mortgage payment to me. 

I was just posting my personal opinion. I will not sell any of my guns just to make a quick buck. I also wouldn't pay $1500 for any AK.

I just seem to regret selling most of the guns that I have sold in the past and won't make that mistake again. The only time I sell guns now is to get a better gun. I won't buy any better versions of the AR's or AK's that I have now due to the stupid prices and am fine with what I currently have.

16 minutes ago, JC_68Westy said:

I was just posting my personal opinion. I will not sell any of my guns just to make a quick buck. I also wouldn't pay $1500 for any AK.

I just seem to regret selling most of the guns that I have sold in the past and won't make that mistake again. The only time I sell guns now is to get a better gun. I won't buy any better versions of the AR's or AK's that I have now due to the stupid prices and am fine with what I currently have.

My point was that the market is so hot right now, people are paying 2x the actual value of some firearms. Conversely, other stalwarts have gone down in value. "I will give you my 7.5" Ruger Redhawk .44 Magnum and $200 cash for your Glock 21". Yup it actually happened. (not literally, but that was the end result)

My Maadi will likely soon meet a similar fate. CZ Scorpion pistol and $500 as a trade perhaps???

1 minute ago, Squaregrouper said:

My point was that the market is so hot right now, people are paying 2x the actual value of some firearms. Conversely, other stalwarts have gone down in value. "I will give you my 7.5" Ruger Redhawk .44 Magnum and $200 cash for your Glock 21". Yup it actually happened.

My Maadi will likely soon meet a similar fate. CZ Scorpion pistol and $500 as a trade perhaps???

I agree with you on the value of some guns going down. I have bought 5 pre-lock S&W revolvers within the last 5 months at great prices.

• Like 1

Had my Sig CW FCU come in today.  Went to heritage in Branchburg and did my NICS and asked about ammo...no common calibers in stock unless you wanted to pay $1/rd for .223.  

older guy, been there for years told me that federal just hit them with a15% increase effective today and they stated another increase could come as early as June.  They cited Deman is just outpacing supply...

I see some

place now price dropping down for at least 9mm and 10mm. I saw it was all the way up to $45 for 50 round...now it starts at $35 or so...by no means to what it was...however, Government just released the relief package ...how else big shots going to suck money from people...fu..ing 2x4 which was $2/$3 is double and triple now...everything is in shortage suddenly ... A naked dance of unethical and immorals of capitalism!!! If you take ethics and moral out from any society what else is expected!!!