Golf battery

Ammo increase in price

8 minutes ago, Golf battery said:

Oct 15 th.  Ill have 6920’s and a 6940 for sale.  Yeah ill gouge.  Shoulda bought your shit and worried about it before the collapse.  I have an unfired 6940p i may part with if the price is right.  

No thanks. Colts are overpriced and not worth their price tag. Windham Weaponry is just as good, if not better, and are sold at a significantly lower price point. The Colt namesake ain't what it used to be.

I stocked up on 80% lowers when they were cheap and plentiful. As far as builds- I roll my own.

• Agree 1

Well, I'm now saving 9mm brass, which wasn't even a blip on my radar 6 months ago. If I get below 10k live rounds before the market opens back up, I will buy 9mm dies. If I get below 5k rounds I will actually start loading the round.

1 hour ago, Golf battery said:

Rutgers95.   I told ya so.  :moon:

Picked up a couple garands todays.   Hah

?  Garands?

1 hour ago, Squaregrouper said:

No thanks. Colts are overpriced and not worth their price tag. Windham Weaponry is just as good, if not better, and are sold at a significantly lower price point. The Colt namesake ain't what it used to be.

I stocked up on 80% lowers when they were cheap and plentiful. As far as builds- I roll my own.

ok let's not get stupid here. 

• Haha 1

A little late to be thinking of getting into reloading, powder and primers are as scare as unicorns.  I don't see this correcting until Trump gets re elected.  Don't even want to think about the alternative.  I've cut back on range time, instead of throwing lead and copper it feels more like gold.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, Squaregrouper said:

Well, I'm now saving 9mm brass, which wasn't even a blip on my radar 6 months ago. If I get below 10k live rounds before the market opens back up, I will buy 9mm dies. If I get below 5k rounds I will actually start loading the round.

Listen class, here's a good man with a clear understanding of what proper stocking levels should look like.

I haven’t checked lately. 3 mos.  but primers and powder are not available?   

On 7/19/2020 at 10:14 PM, Squaregrouper said:

You do your own rollmarks?

3 hours ago, USRifle30Cal said:

You all also have been hoarding wheel weights and molds for all your calibers...right?

And don't forget some solder.....

It is not hoarding if you intend on using it one day...It is stocking up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, JC_68Westy said:

It is not hoarding if you intend on using it one day...It is stocking up.

I dunno...a few months ago where there wasn't a roll of toilet paper to be found in the tri-state area, it was because some bastards were hoarding!

47 minutes ago, 10X said:

I dunno...a few months ago where there wasn't a roll of toilet paper to be found in the tri-state area, it was because some bastards were hoarding!

We are talking about lead wheel weights.  On the other hand, some people don't regularly stock up on anything.  We always have a good stock of necessities (this includes TP) so we weren't concerned about running out of anything.

• Like 1

we keep ample supplies of everything on hand.  In fact, the only shopping we've done is for milk, bread, eggs, and the like.  I haven't even dipped into my powdered eggs/milk supplies   lol

In another month or so, we'll need to restock but not too bad since March

• Like 1

Why would anyone stock up on 80% lowers?

I literally bought a bunch of finished lowers cheaper than any 80%'s I could find. 80% are nothing more than a gimmick or a way for people to own guns who cant legally buy them. You end up with a lower that cost you more, and is probably out of spec. 

The only thing I cant find right now for reloading is primers, I can source literally anything at normal price. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

I literally bought a bunch of finished lowers cheaper than any 80%'s I could find. 80% are nothing more than a gimmick or a way for people to own guns who cant legally buy them. You end up with a lower that cost you more, and is probably out of spec. 

The only thing I cant find right now for reloading is primers, I can source literally anything at normal price. 

You need primers?  Hit me up I might have some overstock and can help you out.

Barter is always good as well...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, USRifle30Cal said:

You need primers?  Hit me up I might have some overstock and can help you out.

Barter is always good as well...

I appreciate the offer, I have plenty of primers for right now, but i keep my eye out to see what the trends are. I would say that everything is going to start to get worse as reloading components lag ammo shortages. When stock came back after 2012 I invested in a few 5k boxes for each caliber. I've barely touch them since ammo has been cheap. Primers are too cheap not to stock up on when available.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

In 2016, one could buy six 80% lowers for $150 delivered. On a good day, an Anderson completed lower is $40-$50. I like 80% lowers because the a-holes working in Analpolis  (sic) are on a non stop run to ban everything they possibly can. They can't confiscate what they don't know exists and there isn't a 7 day wait to buy an 80%.

FWIW- Marylandistan does have a database of everything purchased on a form 77r (MD's state version of a 4473)

1 hour ago, Squaregrouper said:

In 2016, one could buy six 80% lowers for $150 delivered. On a good day, an Anderson completed lower is $40-$50. I like 80% lowers because the a-holes working in Analpolis  (sic) are on a non stop run to ban everything they possibly can. They can't confiscate what they don't know exists and there isn't a 7 day wait to buy an 80%.

FWIW- Marylandistan does have a database of everything purchased on a form 77r (MD's state version of a 4473)

That's what shovels were made for.... can't take what ya cant find.

I have since donated all my 80%'s to out of state friends, never got a chance to mill one out, my friend in PA has a milling machine. Either way, I never found 80% lowers that cheap. Do you recall who sold 6 for 150? I recall deals of like $600 for 6 including the jig. I bought a 3 pack from the cheapest place I could find and it was like $240, this was right around 2016 too. I bought 3 aero precision lowers for the same price. Which is astronomically cheaper considering them time still needed to finish the. 

you can still get Anderson lowers for less than 50.

My sons and I just put their ARs together using Anderson no logo receivers, Anderson LPK, Anderson Upper, BA pencil barrels and rails from righttobear.  I have to say, I've only ever used Colt, DD or Aero LPK but the Anderson seem fine thus far and the trigger is actually pretty good

On 7/21/2020 at 2:27 PM, JackDaWack said:

That's what shovels were made for.... can't take what ya cant find.

I have since donated all my 80%'s to out of state friends, never got a chance to mill one out, my friend in PA has a milling machine. Either way, I never found 80% lowers that cheap. Do you recall who sold 6 for 150? I recall deals of like $600 for 6 including the jig. I bought a 3 pack from the cheapest place I could find and it was like $240, this was right around 2016 too. I bought 3 aero precision lowers for the same price. Which is astronomically cheaper considering them time still needed to finish the. 

I can't remember the company- it was one of the dozens of websites with "80% lower",  "80 percent lowers" "Best 80% lowers", etc.

I DO have the specifics of when we found Polymer80 G19/G23/G32 for $75 shipped. (Mods please let me know if linking another gun forum is not cool) https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=228882&highlight=polymer+sale

In our current availability and price situation, this is a pretty damn good deal. Sign up for the Buyer's Club 30 day free trial to get a reduced price and free shipping.

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/winchester-nato-9mm-luger-124-grain-fmj-1000-rounds-with-ammo-can?a=2183341

"Expected availability: 8/10/2020"

Although they 'won't charge your credit card until the item ships". Fair enough.

.24/round is a very fair price in this market. Earlier today TSUSA had the same ammo in Federal at .36/round. Now it's out of stock.

I’ve tried ordering ammo from Sportsman’s Guide three times since March fully knowing they were back ordered and an “expected availability” date way down the road. First it was April, then June, then August, then November, and then they just canceled my orders. I give up with them. 

37 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

"Expected availability: 8/10/2020"

Although they 'won't charge your credit card until the item ships". Fair enough.

.24/round is a very fair price in this market. Earlier today TSUSA had the same ammo in Federal at .36/round. Now it's out of stock.

Midway had some .45 ACP Blazer Brass for 36cpr earlier this week. That went fast.

My LGS has American Eagle TMJ for 26cpr but will only sell you two boxes at a time max.