Stan M.

Walmart Firearm Sales to NJ Residents

Hi,

I am not a new shooter, been at it for 50+ years, but wanted to share an experience that I had yesterday and see if any others could add to it. I was traveling back home from PA and stopped by the Walmart in Easton, PA. They had a Mossberg 500 .410 in the display the price was around $250, which I thought was pretty good, so I asked about purchasing it. The sales associate told me Walmart no longer sells firearms to residents of NJ or NY. Unfortunately, I am a NJ resident. I remember buying a Ruger 10/22 at that very same store, but it was at least ten years ago. I have emailed the store customer service this morning, and am still waiting for a reply that makes any sense. I have a second home in PA and I've been contemplating changing residency, but have not made the plunge just yet. Can anyone else provide any insight or similar experience?   

1 hour ago, Stan M. said:

Hi,

I am not a new shooter, been at it for 50+ years, but wanted to share an experience that I had yesterday and see if any others could add to it. I was traveling back home from PA and stopped by the Walmart in Easton, PA. They had a Mossberg 500 .410 in the display the price was around $250, which I thought was pretty good, so I asked about purchasing it. The sales associate told me Walmart no longer sells firearms to residents of NJ or NY. Unfortunately, I am a NJ resident. I remember buying a Ruger 10/22 at that very same store, but it was at least ten years ago. I have emailed the store customer service this morning, and am still waiting for a reply that makes any sense. I have a second home in PA and I've been contemplating changing residency, but have not made the plunge just yet. Can anyone else provide any insight or similar experience?   

Buy from 2A friendly stores

That was ages ago in the gun world

Why not use your passport and tax bill from PA?

Not necessary

• Informative 1

The store MGR just called me and it seemed to me as though she wasn't sure what the policy is regarding interstate sales. She said she was going to check up on it though. I always support the local and pro-2A people, but this would have been more or less an impulse buy because the price was $100 less than pretty much everywhere else. Also,  the NICS is only $5.

I would say dont bother. I bought an 870 in York a few years ago and the price was not all that special but I had a couple gift cards.

A lot of back and forth at the counter to get the right person and the right model and blah blah blah...

After the sale, the dude that works there and probably could not pass the PICS was required to carry the box from the counter in the back of the store all the way to my parked vehicle.

No thanks

• Like 1