eyeinstine

Mornings auction score! Deal or No Deal :-)

Hit the auction this morning and stocked up a little bit..  My typical ammo purchases are low price Tula and such for fun target shooting and plinking..  Would i be wrong to use either of these for general range fun? Im thinking better to hold on to it just in case; and keep using cheap stuff for range fun...

In addition to the 5.56 and teh .45ACP cases, you can see i grab some once fire hulls and nag of new wads.. Why?! lol.. just because i guess!

And the box full of reloading stuff has all sorts of goodies... Ill dig through it shortly and maybe post up some pics...

Im not married to ANY of this stuff, so some may even go on the market... :good:

Ron

IMG_5107.jpg

IMG_5108.jpg

IMG_5109.jpg

IMG_5110.jpg

IMG_5111.jpg

PMC X-Tac is decent ammo.  That's the stuff you keep for zombies and such.  The 12 gauge hulls?  There's a dumpster at Clinton range that probably has 10,000 hulls in it, and they free!

31 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

PMC X-Tac is decent ammo.  That's the stuff you keep for zombies and such.  The 12 gauge hulls?  There's a dumpster at Clinton range that probably has 10,000 hulls in it, and they free!

The old AA hulls were prized for being reloadable, seemingly forever.  They weren't often thrown out. 

They were redesigned some years ago (when the original Winchester tooling wore out) and now they have an internal plastic base ring that can come lose after a number of reloadings, posing a risk of getting stuck in the barrel.  Best to reload the new ones a few times, then toss them.

You can see the base ring in the new hulls if you look for it, but I find it easier to to feel for it with a screwdriver or dental pick before loading.

Overall, that's a pretty impressive haul.  I'd consider the hulls to be a freebie thrown in with a ton of good stuff.