Sniper

Bill to ban Assault Weapons in Virginia advances in House

Well, that uproar (rally) in Virginia may have been by a minority of the people.  After all, it’s the Virginia voters who elected the Democrat/liberal politicians who passed this bill. Supposedly voter turnout was 47% in the last election, the highest it’s been in decades. 

Virginia is no longer a red/Republican/conservative state.  Virginians have voted more and more Democrats into their higher offices (congressmen, senators, governors, attorneys general) over the past decade +.  Virginia voters even overlooked the slime that trails behind that Clinton crony, Terry McAuliffe, and made him their Governor. – They say Virginia is increasingly populated by more and more liberal lobbyists, high-paid lawyers, and government employees; the VA counties that surround D.C. have become like the MD counties that surround D.C. – people working in well-paid govt. jobs, lobbyists, millionaire lawyers with govt. or lobbyist contracts, etc. And then there’s all the jobs associated with the military – no longer can people in the military be assumed to be all, or mostly, conservative-minded individuals.

Bloomberg’s reach and money is scary. And to think this was pulled off in the NRA’s turf, where they were outspent in the last election  

On 2/7/2020 at 9:13 PM, Sniper said:

The video:

Who owns this house? Certainly NOT the Capital Police...

Sturmabteilung?  Clearly not on the side of the American people.

• Informative 1

8 minutes ago, Zeke said:

It failed in their senate 

We never gave up here in VA.  There has been a massive phone and email campaign along with people showing up at their delegate and senator's offices to voice concern.  I got really involved down here and the sheer number of people involved was awesome.  Nobody waited for an organization to do it for them.  My county and most others stood up grass roots 2A groups. It was a very organic process.  County and Local LEO overwhelmingly stated that they would not enforce any ban.  The VASP troopers in private said they did not support it.   

• Like 4
  • Informative 1

2 minutes ago, JC_68Westy said:

We never gave up here in VA.  There has been a massive phone and email campaign along with people showing up at their delegate and senator's offices to voice concern.  I got really involved down here and the sheer number of people involved was awesome.  Nobody waited for an organization to do it for them.  My county and most others stood up grass roots 2A groups. It was a very organic process.  County and Local LEO overwhelmingly stated that they would not enforce any ban.  The VASP troopers in private said they did not support it.   

Good on ALL of you! A very impressive display. You'll have to keep the pressure on obviously... because Northam will come back at that ban in a year. Though, I have a feeling this whole situation will spur a lot of pro-2A people to get out and vote and even to run for local and higher office, which is really what's needed.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, JC_68Westy said:

God bless you guys! From my heart! 

• Agree 1

I can see why people are celebrating the tabling of one bill. However, I think they are victims of the usual gun grabbers play/ploy. They propose something really bad and when they give up on it, even for a while, we declare victory even though the other less bad, but bad nonetheless, bills pass.

There were 3 other bills that were passed. This wasn't a victory, just a less bad defeat - for now. The bill was tabled, not voted down.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

20 hours ago, Mr.Stu said:

I can see why people are celebrating the tabling of one bill. However, I think they are victims of the usual gun grabbers play/ploy. They propose something really bad and when they give up on it, even for a while, we declare victory even though the other less bad, but bad nonetheless, bills pass.

There were 3 other bills that were passed. This wasn't a victory, just a less bad defeat - for now. The bill was tabled, not voted down.

The bill was voted down in committee 10-5.  It could not move forward. Three Democrat Senators voted with the Republicans.  The reason it was tabled it there was no point in trying to move forward or debate it because of the down vote in committee.  One thing we did here in VA is we as individuals kept the pressure up with phone calls every day and emails. This doesn't happen in NJ.  There are too many naysayers in NJ that are truly defeatists that don't bother to fight.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mr.Stu said:

Obama loved compromise. Where compromise means that they ask fro way, WAY more than they want, and you meet them in the middle and give them everything they want. Because they believe they are very smart to come up with such an idea and that you are too stupid to understand what they are doing. 

Bloomberg bought them a state government. They will float everything his gun grabbing minions have ever considered, but don't expect all of it to be fought for tooth and nail. That would mean they would have to be true believers and prepared to suffer the consequences of doing something. Which politicians are very adverse to. 

• Agree 2

8 hours ago, JC_68Westy said:

The bill was voted down in committee 10-5.  It could not move forward. Three Democrat Senators voted with the Republicans.  The reason it was tabled it there was no point in trying to move forward or debate it because of the down vote in committee.  One thing we did here in VA is we as individuals kept the pressure up with phone calls every day and emails. This doesn't happen in NJ.  There are too many naysayers in NJ that are truly defeatists that don't bother to fight.

You appear to be missing my point. The one bill was defeated, but the anti-gun lobby still walked away with 3 victories. I'm not a naysayer for being able to see this. 

Imagine a bill that increases taxes to from 25% to 90%. It is not a victory if it is changed to 50%. You are still paying more taxes.

• Agree 1

On 2/19/2020 at 5:31 PM, Mr.Stu said:

You appear to be missing my point. The one bill was defeated, but the anti-gun lobby still walked away with 3 victories. I'm not a naysayer for being able to see this. 

Imagine a bill that increases taxes to from 25% to 90%. It is not a victory if it is changed to 50%. You are still paying more taxes.

Yeah but the difference is even the laws they pass in Richmond won't mean a thing when they can't be enforced because there are armed militias ready to stand with their fellow Virginians, which include an overwhelming majority of sheriffs?  Who is going to want the blood on their hands?  Who will enforce the laws if County Sheriff will not?  National Guard? Not if Trump pulls an Ike.  State Police? I doubt it. 

3 hours ago, 45Doll said:

I own property in Virginia (vacation and off-grid, bail-out-to property), have been a VCDL member, and I think Youngkin did a tremendously good job with the veto pen. I just hope he gets reelected in 2025 and has a friendlier House of Delegates to work with tthen (VA Senate isn't up unitl 2027).