Livisdaddy19

Address Change confusion

Hi all, I am looking for some help because I have a fairly perplexing situation. In 2017 I was issued an FID in my old town. I recently moved and sent in an address change form. Now back in 2005, I was arrested for “simple assault”. It was a non-issue, it was immediately dismissed and had never been an issue. My new town Sergeant called me and said he’d be unable to issue a new FID because of the disposition on the arrest (the arrest is listed as unknown disposition). The sergeant suggested I call the court where it was thrown out to get an updated disposition. I called the court and they have absolutely no record of any such arrest. I’m unsure where to go now. Any thoughts?

GET ... A ... LAWYER ... NOW

YOUR RIGHTS DEPEND ON IT!

You now have a denial on your "permanent record".  Your timeline to appeal is short...I forget the exact number but I think it's 30 days.  Others will chime-in soon With the exact info; but you need to act NOW before it becomes extremely messy and possibly permanent.

so unless you are comfortable with kissing your guns goodbye ... you need to find a good gun lawyer NOW.

And once you get this mess straightened-out, you need to get in the fight.  NJ gun laws SUCK and need to change!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Perhaps the court clerk was confused. Get the court case number from the officer to give to the court clerk.

Wait. What? You were denied because of a Disorderly Persons charge? Was it a Domestic?

I was arrested back in 2005 because my sister and I were arguing and she ended up calling the police. She admits that it was ridiculous and told the court as much. However the court system has absolutely no record of this ever occurring. The police records department has it as happening and then being dismissed.

31 minutes ago, Livisdaddy19 said:

I was arrested back in 2005 because my sister and I were arguing and she ended up calling the police. She admits that it was ridiculous and told the court as much. However the court system has absolutely no record of this ever occurring. The police records department has it as happening and then being dismissed.

If that happen to me that would have been the last time I talked to my sister.   

23 minutes ago, PK90 said:

Definitely a domestic assault. See an attorney. 

First - welcome back, LivisDaddy!  I was starting to wonder if you were a troll or a plant.  Sadly, they DO pop-up over here.

Second - See my first comment,  I'll make it easy to read.

GET ... A ... LAWYER ... NOW

YOUR RIGHTS DEPEND ON IT!

You now have a denial on your "permanent record".  Your timeline to appeal is short.

You are bouncing back and forth between police depts and courts; wasting your appeal time.

You need to file an appeal, and you need someone who knows what the hell they're doing

We aren't fighting you; and we aren't shills for lawyers.   We don't want to see you get screwed.

• Agree 1

Yup, stop f’ing around with making calls and go directly to a NJ firearms lawyer.  

You now have an FID denial pending with a limited time to appeal it.  

If you don’t get your appeal filed promptly then you are at risk of losing your legal ability to get firearms not just in NJ but the entire U.S.

2 hours ago, DirtyDigz said:

If you don’t get your appeal filed promptly then you are at risk of losing your legal ability to get firearms not just in NJ but the entire U.S.

Right.  NOT just a NJ thing...