muzzelloader69

ruger p85 magazines

I have a Ruger P89 and they no longer sell magazines for it. I have 4 mags for it so it is really not an issue for me. But, I still look for them some nights.  I blocked 2 down from 15 to 10, also had 10 rounds from the last ban.

1 hour ago, GRIZ said:

Mecgar makes 10s at a reasonable price. 

I just did a quick search, here are some 10 rounders:

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/mec-gar-ruger-p-series-magazine-9mm-luger-10-rounds-steel-blued-mgrp8510b/FC-765595113305.html

Fits:
Ruger P Series models:
P85
P89
P93
P94
P95

2 hours ago, rtquig said:

I have a Ruger P89 and they no longer sell magazines for it.

I did another Google search, there are tons of them on many different sites. Both 10 round and 15 round. Even Ruger has them listed on their site.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ruger+p95+magazines+10+round&ei=ysVAXsXcEoOlytMPsde-2AM&start=0&sa=N&ved=2ahUKEwjF6ajQ_cXnAhWDknIEHbGrDzs4ChDy0wN6BAgMEC0&biw=1234&bih=545

2 hours ago, muzzelloader69 said:

rtquig, how did you go about blocking your down? thanks 

I ordered blockers online, I'm at work so I don't have the vendors name. You pull out the floorplates and install the blockers. Then I drilled the bottom and rivited them in. Next, I epoxy the base to insure that it is a permanent fix.

I had bought P89 magazines online but the are a poor fit and are a pain to get in and out. 

On 2/13/2020 at 5:02 PM, muzzelloader69 said:

i got my mag blocks in for my pistols, how does one epoxy, weld , or make them so there not returnable to 15 round according to state law?  

Drill the base plate and the blocker. Rivet them with the same diameter as the drill. When done epoxy the area where the mag release button is. When it dries, sand them.