Malsua

Taylor's & Co Levers

I'm looking at maybe getting a Lever in .44 Mag.

I really want a side loader but Henry doesn't make a side loader in .44 mag except their Big Boy X model.  Not a real big fan of the plastic stock.  Maybe a different stock fits?

Browning had some older ones.

Then I saw the Taylor's and Co 1892 Alaskan takedown.   That's a pretty neat looking gun and it comes apart.  Even better for storage.

Anyone have any experience with a Taylor's?

I believe the Taylor's and Cimarron guns are all made by Uberti. I have a Cimarron Single Action Army copy and it is really finely finished! I would expect the lever actions to be of the same quality. That's about all I can tell you.

Side loading .44 Mag lever action? Another option for you may be a Marlin 1894.

24 minutes ago, pasu0115 said:

I believe the Taylor's and Cimarron guns are all made by Uberti. I have a Cimarron Single Action Army copy and it is really finely finished! I would expect the lever actions to be of the same quality. That's about all I can tell you.

Side loading .44 Mag lever action? Another option for you may be a Marlin 1894.

Thanks, good suggestion.  The Marlin Model 1894SBL in 44 Mag looks interesting.  Slightly cheaper than the Taylor's as well. 

For what it's worth, I ended up buying another Henry large loop big boy carbine in color case hardened that doesn't side load.  I have the exact same rifle in .357 so now I have a pair.  I love my Henry's I just wish I could get a side loader in a pistol cartridge that isn't plastic fantastic.

Just now, Ray Ray said:

Buy a Henry X, order wood furniture.   Problem solved. 

I didn't see anywhere to buy the furniture, I probably would have done that.  That said, when I was having Tom look it up, those X rifles are all constrained anyway, so I ordered the H012RCC Large Loop, color case hardened in 44 mag.

I shot my the H012RCC Sunday.  First round jammed in the elevator.  I eventually got it out.  Not sure what happened.  The action on my H012MCC(same rifle in .357) is a little smoother than the H012RCC.  Shrug.

• FacePalm 1