JMich3

Moving question

13 minutes ago, JMich3 said:

Probably a silly question but i figure better safe than sorry. I’ll hopefully be moving soon, within New Jersey. Do i need to notify the town I’m going to or the one I’m leaving? 

Go to DMV after moving and get your license updated... they dont send out stickers anymore.

Then,

Go to new PD, request change address FPID.. they will contact your old PD and give you new one.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

Go to new PD, request change address FPID.. they will contact your old PD and give you new one.

I don't believe it works that way anymore, it has all moved to the online FARS system to apply for a change of address.

Form S.T.S. 033 is used for any of the following reasons:

• Initial Firearms Purchaser Identification Card
  • Application to purchase a handgun
  • Change of Name on Identification Card
  • Change of Address on Identification Card
  • Change of Sex on Identification Card
  • Lost or stolen Identification Card
  • Mutilated Identification Card

https://www.njportal.com/NJSP/Fars/

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sniper said:

I don't believe it works that way anymore, it has all moved to the online FARS system to apply for a change of address.

Form S.T.S. 033 is used for any of the following reasons:

• Initial Firearms Purchaser Identification Card
  • Application to purchase a handgun
  • Change of Name on Identification Card
  • Change of Address on Identification Card
  • Change of Sex on Identification Card
  • Lost or stolen Identification Card
  • Mutilated Identification Card

https://www.njportal.com/NJSP/Fars/

" The online S.T.S. 033 Form should be used only after consultation with your local Police Department or the State Police Barracks"

I know my PD has NOT changed over yet to this... at least last I checked a few months ago, their website also doesnt imply any updates. Neighboring towns are using it tho.. so I would just check first with a phone call.

Last July I moved within the same town and I was required to go through the FARS/regular application process.

My town clerk is fantastic with permits and FID cards so I had my updated one in a couple of weeks.

9 minutes ago, 124gr9mm said:

Last July I moved within the same town and I was required to go through the FARS/regular application process.

My town clerk is fantastic with permits and FID cards so I had my updated one in a couple of weeks.

Weeks? Ouch, the last change of address for my FID I did in NJ took 3 days. That was before FARS

Just now, fishnut said:

Weeks? Ouch, the last change of address for my FID I did in NJ took 3 days. That was before FARS

Mine took a month and a half, my new PD said the old one was slow.. although I have no idea what they recieved from them.. I thought records are supposed to be destroyed.

2 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

Mine took a month and a half, my new PD said the old one was slow.. although I have no idea what they recieved from them.. I thought records are supposed to be destroyed.

The old blame it on the other guy routine. Considering people lie to cops all the time you would think they would have come up with a better excuse 

1 minute ago, fishnut said:

The old blame it on the other guy routine. Considering people lie to cops all the time you would think they would have come up with a better excuse 

I dunno, she was very apologetic without me saying a thing.

last round of permits they did very quickly.. 2 weeks maybe..